Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2020, 01:11 PM

7,833 posts, read 4,580,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
Ducey shut down bars and in-restaurant dining for the entire county including Scottsdale last week.
If you read closely, I was critical of the City of Scottsdale leadership who made little to no effort closing things down. As you point out, it was Ducey that shut it down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2020, 01:12 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,928,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
Ducey shut down bars and in-restaurant dining for the entire county including Scottsdale last week.
not true; we ate at Bobbos in Glendale a few days ago, inside the restaurant

Old 03-24-2020, 01:28 PM

811 posts, read 624,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post

That all said, I did ask you a question. What industry are you in? I'm simply curious. Because you are calling your employees "nose-picking" and "liars". You said it. To me at least, that shows a lack of leadership. We can agree to disagree. I would sit them down, show the data and scare them into understanding why social distancing is important. You know, with statistics but simplified. But 1st, you need to be open-minded and understand why people are piling on. Which would be a positive attribute with any great leader. Unless you subscribe to bullying and "I'm always right" which is the method from the very top.
Of course they’re liars. So are you. And me. And I’m a hypocrite too, just like we all are. “Nose picking” borders on hyperbole; lol. The point is be self-controlled enough not to introduce contagion into the body. (I’m guilty of that too!)

I love my employees and treat them like my own children. When they’re behaving badly or tempted to do stupid things, words are not minced.

Oh... and my “Utopian” example? Not as unusual as you would think. Most warehouse environments (You know; those very important places where ALL of the goods we NEED are stored.) have extremely high sq ft - employee ratios.

My Utopian business?
Automotive.

Old 03-24-2020, 01:37 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,669,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
not true; we ate at Bobbos in Glendale a few days ago, inside the restaurant
One, not very smart. Two, whatever "Bobbos" is, is violating the governor's executive order.

Old 03-24-2020, 02:36 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,205,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elna Rae View Post
Of course they’re liars. So are you. And me. And I’m a hypocrite too, just like we all are. “Nose picking” borders on hyperbole; lol.

My Utopian business?
Automotive.
If you manage car salespeople, they certainly are not liars.

Fun aside, it seems you like to be a "purest". So I guess you and I are nose pickers as well. You've done that, right? Hey, doing it in the shower counts. Oh, I'm a golfer. Because I played golf one time this year (not last year or the year before though). But twice is 2017. Does that count? I'm also a bowler. Well, I did that once last year for free. You get my point.

A tip. When you engage in a conversation, the audience never assumes you are a purist.

Obviously you don't trust your employees to work at home. I'd argue you probably hired the wrong people. You need to hire a better caliber of liar/nose pickers.

Old 03-24-2020, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
One, not very smart. Two, whatever "Bobbos" is, is violating the governor's executive order.
https://www.babboitalian.com/locations/

Old 03-24-2020, 02:48 PM

811 posts, read 624,058 times
Quote:

Obviously you don't trust your employees to work at home. I'd argue you probably hired the wrong people.
Simply amazing.

There’s a ginormous world out there that apparently you’re unfamiliar with.

Auto technicians and fabricators cannot do their work “from home”. You need to get out more. Lol.

Old 03-24-2020, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elna Rae View Post
Simply amazing.

There’s a ginormous world out there that apparently you’re unfamiliar with.

Auto technicians and fabricators cannot do their work “from home”. You need to get out more. Lol.
Progress! Kind of...

Correct, they cannot "work from home". (see, I get out). Then why would you engage in the conversation that you won't let them work from home? Example: "I won't let the postal carriers work from home until they prove they use social distancing on their weekends." Do you see why I'm confused yet? A postal carrier can't work from home!

You are kind of forgetting to fill in the blanks and call people "dense" when they cannot follow along.

Old 03-24-2020, 03:11 PM

1,695 posts, read 1,284,249 times
I had to drive out to Surprise last Friday to help a client. Wow. I couldn't believe how many people were out and about. Store parking lots were filled. State 48 Brewery on Bell Rd was packed with people eating and drinking. It's definitely not like that where I am in North Central Phoenix. Arizona is doomed. Just wait, we will be on the chopping block very soon. Many people here don't care....I'm convinced of that. And it pisses me off because my oldest son is special needs with a compromised immune system.

Old 03-24-2020, 03:14 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,669,627 times
Quote:
Bobbos is Babbo? If so, their own page says that they ceased dine-in service in 3/17 at 8pm per Ducey’s order. How could someone eat in their dining room a few days ago?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area