Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2020, 03:32 PM

770 posts, read 839,669 times

Advertisements

The virus has been here a lot of longer then what's being reported. I got extremely sick back at the beginning of February. Fever, respitory issues trouble breathing. Extreme fatigue couldn't move frond room to room without having to your lay down. Dr's was like oh just a bronchitis but I've have bronchitis numerous times and I've never felt anything like this. I'm still having a problems breathing 7 weeks later.

I know other people that got the same thing around the same time. Unfortunately there was zero testing back then so we'll never know what it was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2020, 03:49 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,753,671 times
Ducey's order was effective as of close of business on Friday, effectively started Saturday, which would explain State 48. I'm guessing "a few days ago" was Friday or earlier.

Old 03-24-2020, 04:13 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,671,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
Ducey's order was effective as of close of business on Friday, effectively started Saturday, which would explain State 48. I'm guessing "a few days ago" was Friday or earlier.
It looks like this Babbo, if that's what he actually meant, was even more proactive. Maybe "a few days" is the same as a week to some.

Old 03-24-2020, 04:22 PM

811 posts, read 624,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Progress! Kind of...

Correct, they cannot "work from home". (see, I get out). Then why would you engage in the conversation that you won't let them work from home? Example: "I won't let the postal carriers work from home until they prove they use social distancing on their weekends." Do you see why I'm confused yet? A postal carrier can't work from home!

You are kind of forgetting to fill in the blanks and call people "dense" when they cannot follow along.

Who's on First? lol.
I never said anything about working from home! I said "sending them home" or "allowing them to stay home".

I'm not sure how we ramp up education. Phx metro may be "behind" but I was in a rural town in northern AZ yesterday and people are still eating in restaurants! They're a good 7-10 days behind us.

Just curious: Is the majority of the public in NYC wearing face masks while out in public?

Old 03-24-2020, 05:16 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,208,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
It looks like this Babbo, if that's what he actually meant, was even more proactive. Maybe "a few days" is the same as a week to some.
It's the same spot that I linked. https://www.babboitalian.com/locations/

Old 03-24-2020, 05:19 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,208,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elna Rae View Post

Who's on First? lol.
I never said anything about working from home! I said "sending them home" or "allowing them to stay home".
I officially understand your point. Employees want to go home. But the reality is, you have "social distancing" (based off of that they do and how far apart they can work). All of us (probably) pictured an office environment.

Old 03-24-2020, 05:23 PM

39,107 posts, read 51,328,001 times
I went out today for some things. I haven't been out for a couple weeks now. I could not believe it. It looked like Saturday afternoon out there. Cars and people everywhere. And old people, people on oxygen tanks, wheelchairs, walkers. Snowbirds everywhere. Arizona is not taking this seriously.

Old 03-24-2020, 05:32 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,671,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
It's the same spot that I linked. https://www.babboitalian.com/locations/
Yep. https://www.city-data.com/forum/57658813-post210.html

Old 03-24-2020, 05:54 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,736,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
I had to drive out to Surprise last Friday to help a client. Wow. I couldn't believe how many people were out and about. Store parking lots were filled. State 48 Brewery on Bell Rd was packed with people eating and drinking. It's definitely not like that where I am in North Central Phoenix. Arizona is doomed. Just wait, we will be on the chopping block very soon. Many people here don't care....I'm convinced of that. And it pisses me off because my oldest son is special needs with a compromised immune system.
You do see it, right?

Old 03-24-2020, 06:14 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,753,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I went out today for some things. I haven't been out for a couple weeks now. I could not believe it. It looked like Saturday afternoon out there. Cars and people everywhere. And old people, people on oxygen tanks, wheelchairs, walkers. Snowbirds everywhere. Arizona is not taking this seriously.
Where precisely is "out"? We've gone out in the car a couple of times, just to see something different, e.g. we checked out Agritopia the other day, hadn't seen it before, but stayed in the car. We also walk a lot in the neighborhood, but people are pretty good about keeping their distance. Haven't seen much evidence of people congregating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area