Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 02:31 PM

13,354 posts, read 7,385,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
This is part of the problem. It sounds like you were in "several" stores in the last week.. that's not social distancing and the longer people like you mingle in stores, the longer things will need to remain closed. We have a family of 4 with 2 kids and manage to do grocery delivery or curbside pickup (and only do groceries once every 12-14 days). People with their own anecdotes about what they see "several times a week" in stores need to realize they're not helping.
I tried the Grocery pickup from Fry's doesn't work for me many items missing only to be found in the store, and more then once charged for items which were not included.

New cases are levelly off even with packed grocery stores. As time passes immunity numbers rise people who had minor illness will no longer spread it. We need the Antibody test we can release those who have immunity back to normal.

https://www.maricopa.gov/DocumentCen...er=home-button
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 04:55 PM

8,046 posts, read 12,292,334 times
Quote:
This is part of the problem. It sounds like you were in "several" stores in the last week.. that's not social distancing and the longer people like you mingle in stores, the longer things will need to remain closed. We have a family of 4 with 2 kids and manage to do grocery delivery or curbside pickup (and only do groceries once every 12-14 days). People with their own anecdotes about what they see "several times a week" in stores need to realize they're not helping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
You and I are keeping the spreading of the virus to a minimum through social distancing. Because of it, if VN ends up in the hospital because of all of his jaunt and ends up in critical care, I hope he logs in on C-D and thanks us for keeping the critical beds to a minimum.
Sorry to break this to the both of you, but it's none of your business how many times per week I go shopping. In some cases, it's necessary to visit supermarkets more often because of the fact that some items are still hard to find at some stores that can be found at others. You can do what you want as far as delivery or curbside, but it doesn't work for everybody.

As far as me contracting this virus or spreading it, I think you'll be reassured that I'm at a fairly low risk. The last time I was truly sick was over 10 years ago, and even then it wasn't critical. Maybe you should focus your concerns on your OWN matters instead of what others do.

Old 04-24-2020, 05:27 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,291,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Sorry to break this to the both of you, but it's none of your business how many times per week I go shopping. In some cases, it's necessary to visit supermarkets more often because of the fact that some items are still hard to find at some stores that can be found at others. You can do what you want as far as delivery or curbside, but it doesn't work for everybody.

As far as me contracting this virus or spreading it, I think you'll be reassured that I'm at a fairly low risk. The last time I was truly sick was over 10 years ago, and even then it wasn't critical. Maybe you should focus your concerns on your OWN matters instead of what others do.
I get it man, you need to get out of the house. As long as you're aware that you're contributing to the problem, and it sounds like you are

Old 04-24-2020, 05:58 PM

811 posts, read 624,188 times
I run an essential business. I've made no fewer than 50 trips this week to various stores and vendors. So far at most of those stores I would estimate half the customers were wearing masks. In Home Depot I was definitely in the minority as a mask wearing patron. One place I stopped at today the office was the size of a very short double-wide trailer. Out of the 5 employees and 4 customers in that space I was the only one with a mask. I actually found it amusing.

I will continue running my business as I see fit without anyone mandating what I will and won't do. I'm confident that common sense will prevail in spite of all the politician's agenda-driven theatrics and Chicken Little shouting at the sky by the paranoid masses. (Especially people here.)

I know, I know... I'm the problem say the alarmists!

We shall see about that.

Ha!
https://www.inquirer.com/health/coro...-20200423.html

More buffoonery and corruption will continue to surface I'm sure.

Old 04-24-2020, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elna Rae View Post
I run an essential business. I've made no fewer than 50 trips this week to various stores and vendors. So far at most of those stores I would estimate half the customers were wearing masks. In Home Depot I was definitely in the minority as a mask wearing patron. One place I stopped at today the office was the size of a very short double-wide trailer. Out of the 5 employees and 4 customers in that space I was the only one with a mask. I actually found it amusing.

I will continue running my business as I see fit without anyone mandating what I will and won't do. I'm confident that common sense will prevail in spite of all the politician's agenda-driven theatrics and Chicken Little shouting at the sky by the paranoid masses. (Especially people here.)

We shall see about that.
LOL I don't recall anyone talking to you, settle down. I was talking to the guy that complains about getting everything opened back up but not doing his part. The guy complaining about people hiking outdoors meanwhile he's making trip after trip to the store to make sure he has all the ingredients. Seems hypocritical to me

Old 04-24-2020, 06:12 PM

811 posts, read 624,188 times
Quote:
LOL I don't recall anyone talking to you, settle down. I was talking to the guy that complains about getting everything opened back up but not doing his part. The guy complaining about people hiking outdoors meanwhile he's making trip after trip to the store to make sure he has all the ingredients. Seems hypocritical to me
???

I wasn't addressing anyone in particular. Just a statement of fact and commentary from someone who actually refuses to buy into ALL of the ridiculous and absurd hysteria that our civilized culture (?) has found itself in. People have truly gone insane.

Old 04-24-2020, 06:28 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,208,443 times
Quote:
???

I wasn't addressing anyone in particular. Just a statement of fact and commentary from someone who actually refuses to buy into ALL of the ridiculous and absurd hysteria that our civilized culture (?) has found itself in. People have truly gone insane.
I guess he wasn't able to read your mind. Considering I do was joking about it too (you may have missed the humor in combination with the irony), I too read into your message as well that it was aimed at the last couple of posts. Who wouldn't?

That said, I'm fairly convinced (exclusively because of three loose antibody studies/reports) that the initial mortality rates are in the neighborhood of 15X high/overstated: maybe 30X. In other words, open the spigot gates! I've always been one to take care of myself and my family 1st. Hence, I really could care less if either you or VN visit stores or businesses 24-7.

Old 04-24-2020, 06:30 PM

Quote:
???

I don't have a problem unless you're not consistent like the other guy.

I'm running my businesses as normal too, but I've always ran them out of my house. I'm primarily a land development consultant, so when I have gone out the past several weeks, it's to DIRT. In person meetings have been replaced by emails and phone calls. I also own a portion of a controlled access access company in California that has projects all over the country and it's still humming along, workers are wearing protective equipment if needed. There's no hysteria on my end either, but there's calculated risk taking. I'm not going to be licking my fingers at the grocery store for instance I'll use a wipe or a glove to pump gas, etc. Like I've said in other threads, I'm fine if we use a little extra caution and keep things closed awhile longer till we see a decent decline. It's certainly better than suddenly having too many patients and people on ventilators in hallways.

Old 04-24-2020, 06:32 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,208,443 times
Quote:
We should lighten up. Maybe he was on the hunt for a specific type of hair color? Being well-groomed will keep you safe from COVID-19!

JUST KIDDING V-N! All in fun.

Old 04-24-2020, 06:36 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,671,628 times
Quote:

We shall see about that.

Ha!
https://www.inquirer.com/health/coro...-20200423.html

More buffoonery and corruption will continue to surface I'm sure.
Do you.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...virus-n1189861
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area