Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2020, 02:29 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,208,443 times

Advertisements

For starters, you need to learn how to read. When did I say:
"..there will be millions of deaths" 9you quoted me)? Psst, never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
Some of us older people understand and have seen news propaganda over our lifetimes and understand that presently the news cannot be trusted, so we use our own common sense. ...perhaps worse you are using scare tactics to get people to give up their civil liberties.
For starters, there are just some people that you cannot have a logical conversation with. Here is what I think you should do. Go out and do as you please! From past posts, I think you are 78 (check), male (check) have other risk factors including a ventilator (check). Correct? What can go wrong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbeZFI6Wcuc

I say go for it . Worse case, you have the Golden Ticket. Right? I was wondering what types of people were waddling out of Lowe's who are senior and obviously in less than ideal health. Thank you for answering my question.

About now, I REALLY want for the flood gates to open! I'll hang back, and wait for the herd to get immunized. You asked what I plan on doing..... I honestly don't mind waiting out for 180,000,000 Americans to be immunized. I'm knocking down two of my risk factors as we speak (weight which is related to BP). I'll be ready in about 6 weeks. Still, I'm going to practice pretty active social distancing. Because I can (what I do, savings, lot's of area to roam, and a home in Northern MN where not a lot of people live). And I'm 55 and concerned. You don't have a thing to worry about because of the "propaganda media machine".

You really cannot make this stuff up.

Last edited by MN-Born-n-Raised; 04-19-2020 at 02:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2020, 02:38 PM

8,046 posts, read 12,292,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
About now, I REALLY want for the flood gates to open! I'll hang back, and wait for the herd to get immunized. You asked what I plan on doing..... I honestly don't mind waiting out for 180,000,000 Americans to be immunized. I'm knocking down two of my risk factors as we speak (weight which is related to BP). I'll be ready in about 6 weeks. Still, I'm going to practice pretty active social distancing. Because I can (what I do, savings, lot's of area to roam, and a home in Northern MN where not a lot of people live). And I'm 55 and concerned. You don't have a thing to worry about because of the "propaganda media machine".
How will you migrate from Arizona to Minnesota while practicing all that active social distancing? Traveling requires some interactions with people along the way. Also, since everybody else seems to be avoiding the issue: maybe you can answer why your state has less than 2,500 confirmed cases while Arizona has nearly 5,000. Apparently, warm & sunny weather may not be a deterrent. In any case, the afflicted still amounts to under 1% of the population in both states ... not really worth the anxiety, hysteria, and the massive shutdowns which nearly 100% of us have to contend with!

Old 04-19-2020, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
How will you migrate from Arizona to Minnesota while practicing all that active social distancing? Traveling requires some interactions with people along the way. Also, since everybody else seems to be avoiding the issue: maybe you can answer why your state has less than 2,500 confirmed cases while Arizona has nearly 5,000. Apparently, warm & sunny weather may not be a deterrent. In any case, the afflicted still amounts to under 1% of the population in both states ... not really worth the anxiety, hysteria, and the massive shutdowns which nearly 100% of us have to contend with!
An RV. They rent them. darn cheap right now!

re: the weather. You are preaching to the choir! I never said the weather is a reason. I think I said "I don't know" about 20 times. Too tough to correlate at this point.

Re: 1%. this should be pretty clear. Some people are at 0.00001% (kids). Yea, I made up the statistic. But's it's LOW. Some are multiple percentage higher. It all depends on the person (age, weight, sex, gene pool, smoker, and many other variables not known. So until I remove a couple, I'm not going anywhere. And it REALLY isn't a problem for me. I'm busy booking and billing business. I'm enjoying to cook like mad too. I'm going to wait for the guinea pigs. Because I can. Early on, (when people thought it was 3.5% on AVERAGE (multiple percentage higher for others), I was crapping my pants. Now, I'm pretty sure I'd weather it. But I can increase my odds by heading to a 4,000 square foot on a big lake and a 9-acre lot. So for me, it's easy. Not so much for others.

Last edited by MN-Born-n-Raised; 04-19-2020 at 02:59 PM..

Old 04-19-2020, 03:21 PM

8,046 posts, read 12,292,334 times
Quote:
An RV. They rent them. darn cheap right now!
Which probably get 15 blocks to the gallon? Just kidding, but they are gas guzzlers, which means you'll have to fill up frequently, and that means touching lots of gas pumps & interacting with some people.
()

Quote:
re: the weather. You are preaching to the choir! I never said the weather is a reason. I think I said "I don't know" about 20 times. Too tough to correlate at this point.
I realize what you said about the weather, but I'm just wondering why Minnesota has such a low rate compared to many other states including Arizona. Healthier people in Minnesota maybe? Or perhaps they stay inside more often because it's so cold in the winter?

Quote:
Re: 1%. this should be pretty clear. Some people are at 0.00001% (kids). Yea, I made up the statistic. But's it's LOW. Some are multiple percentage higher. It all depends on the person (age, weight, sex, gene pool, smoker, and many other variables not known. So until I remove a couple, I'm not going anywhere. And it REALLY isn't a problem for me. I'm busy booking and billing business. I'm enjoying to cook like mad too. I'm going to wait for the guinea pigs. Because I can. Early on, (when people thought it was 3.5% on AVERAGE (multiple percentage higher for others), I was crapping my pants. Now, I'm pretty sure I'd weather it. But I can increase my odds by heading to a 4,000 square foot on a big lake and a 9-acre lot. So for me, it's easy. Not so much for others.
Yes, it does seem to depend more on health factors. That can explain why New Orleans, Detroit, and the poorer parts of NYC have much higher rates. I'm not too worried about it for me, but there is a concern since I'm caring for an elderly parent with health issues. Luckily, I'm not shoving her in a damn nursing home where the chances of contracting a serious illness & becoming deathly sick are much higher. I'm just glad my family takes care of our own instead of relying on Big Brother to lead us around.

Old 04-19-2020, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
I realize what you said about the weather, but I'm just wondering why Minnesota has such a low rate compared to many other states including Arizona. Healthier people in Minnesota maybe? Or perhaps they stay inside more often because it's so cold in the winter?
It could be all kinds of reasons. I suspect Type2 diabetes might be a good metric to measure overall healthiness. In AZ, a lot of the deaths were native Americans. Poor people ==cheap food==poor health. So good old google to the rescue found this: See https://stateofchildhoodobesity.org/diabetes/

Puggy kids == puggy parents.
1. WV
2. AL
3. MS & LA (tie)
4. TN
5. KY
6. SC
7. NM
8. TX
9. FL

Still, the least amount of Type 2 is in CO. Yet, they had a pretty big outbreak. So as you see, all kinds of variables go into this who gets the virus. But the death toll is highly correlated to one's health and age.

re: gas mileage. Some Class B RV's get 18-20 MPG. TBD on how we roll out of here and when. I'm flexible. So long as I have a phone, I can do 90+% of what I do anywhere in the world. Right now as far as what we learn, every week seems like a month. No change I'm leaving until June as our son is going to study for his Step 3 here before going to residency. Who knows, maybe I might hang around here all summer.

Old 04-19-2020, 08:31 PM

19,239 posts, read 16,757,196 times
You guys (and gals) are doing remarkably well with keeping numbers low in your state. That's good news. I imagine with the weather warming soon in various places, the numbers will drop even faster. I hear that virus doesn't like hot temperatures which should soon knock out any trace of it in Phoenix. Anyway, best to all of you and keep up the good work.

Old 04-19-2020, 09:31 PM

39,107 posts, read 51,328,001 times
Quote:
It could be all kinds of reasons. I suspect Type2 diabetes might be a good metric to measure overall healthiness. In AZ, a lot of the deaths were native Americans. Poor people ==cheap food==poor health. So good old google to the rescue found this: See https://stateofchildhoodobesity.org/diabetes/

Puggy kids == puggy parents.
1. WV
2. AL
3. MS & LA (tie)
4. TN
5. KY
6. SC
7. NM
8. TX
9. FL

Still, the least amount of Type 2 is in CO. Yet, they had a pretty big outbreak. So as you see, all kinds of variables go into this who gets the virus. But the death toll is highly correlated to one's health and age.

re: gas mileage. Some Class B RV's get 18-20 MPG. TBD on how we roll out of here and when. I'm flexible. So long as I have a phone, I can do 90+% of what I do anywhere in the world. Right now as far as what we learn, every week seems like a month. No change I'm leaving until June as our son is going to study for his Step 3 here before going to residency. Who knows, maybe I might hang around here all summer.
Around 600 of the AZ cases are Navajo Nation with many of the deaths there as well. Another big factor in AZ is how hard it has hit nursing homes/care facilities of which there are a lot - 60 have cases as of this morning in Maricopa County. My daughter says the COVID floor where she is working is only half full. Her friends in Flagstaff are busy though with cases from the Navajo Nation.

I'll be taking my RV to the northwoods in mid-May. We had planned to stay into September, but where I am going has tougher stay at home rules than AZ, so we are not sure if we will stay or just grab the toys like the boat that are there and come back and write off this year. With no restaurants and tourist things to do, it might not be very fun.

We travel by RV too. No need for close contact with people at all. I get 8 mpg with a tail wind, lol. But I hear they are giving gas away once you get out of Arizona.

Last edited by Ponderosa; 04-19-2020 at 09:44 PM..

Old 04-20-2020, 12:29 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,951,997 times
Quote:
For starters, you need to learn how to read. When did I say:
"..there will be millions of deaths" 9you quoted me)? Psst, never.

For starters, there are just some people that you cannot have a logical conversation with. Here is what I think you should do. Go out and do as you please! From past posts, I think you are 78 (check), male (check) have other risk factors including a ventilator (check). Correct? What can go wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbeZFI6Wcuc

I say go for it . Worse case, you have the Golden Ticket. Right? I was wondering what types of people were waddling out of Lowe's who are senior and obviously in less than ideal health. Thank you for answering my question.

You really cannot make this stuff up.
You did not show my full statement you posted what I said out of context and you were not the one I was referring to as saying Millions would Die it was the so called experts FAUCI and BIRX who started off at saying millions would die to get the public to comply then later they backtracked to the hundred thousand number.Ronald Reagan said it best when he said "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help.

Old 04-20-2020, 01:00 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,628,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
You guys (and gals) are doing remarkably well with keeping numbers low in your state. That's good news. I imagine with the weather warming soon in various places, the numbers will drop even faster. I hear that virus doesn't like hot temperatures which should soon knock out any trace of it in Phoenix. Anyway, best to all of you and keep up the good work.
False security. Our "low numbers" are due to a severe shortage of testing. We're DEAD LAST in testing per capita. There is also no concrete proof yet that the hot weather will deter the virus. But hey, AZ residents can continue to believe otherwise. Can't wait for round two of infections.

Old 04-20-2020, 01:36 PM

39,107 posts, read 51,328,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
False security. Our "low numbers" are due to a severe shortage of testing. We're DEAD LAST in testing per capita. There is also no concrete proof yet that the hot weather will deter the virus. But hey, AZ residents can continue to believe otherwise. Can't wait for round two of infections.
No we're not. We are about 10th from the bottom and higher than California, Texas, and Ohio on a per capita basis. We do have issues like the entire country, but we limit tests to those showing symptoms of covid like illness. The number of people presenting at ER and Drs' offices has crashed in the past two weeks as the stay at home crushed the bad flu season we were having as well as covid.

I will repeat it one more time. The county and state epidemiologists say right there on the website to not put much stock in case counts. Watch HOSPITALIZATIONS for the real picture in a crappy testing environment. That number has peaked and is receding. Let's hope it keeps up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area