Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 06:43 PM

9,825 posts, read 11,237,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
I read your link ^^. Is there something wrong with me when I laughed out loud? Oh, the irony!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 06:54 PM

811 posts, read 625,490 times
Quote:
I read that a few days ago.
We all have an appointed time to die. Poor John McDaniel's day was April 15, 2020. I feel for his family.
Sounds like he was a terrific guy.

Old 04-24-2020, 07:02 PM

9,825 posts, read 11,237,795 times
Quote:
I like his family better. https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...-from-covid-19
"We know if John was still here with us he would acknowledge the national crisis we are in, abide by the stay-at-home order, and encourage family and friends to do the same," Lisa McDaniel wrote in a Facebook post. "But sadly he is not with us and we will forever have to live and cope with how his life ended far too soon."

She added, "Further, we will never be able to erase from our hearts and minds the negative posts that have been made and shared about John this past week."

It seems that we have a teaching moment.

Old 04-24-2020, 09:20 PM

13,444 posts, read 7,436,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
I don't have a problem unless you're not consistent like the other guy.

I'm running my businesses as normal too, but I've always ran them out of my house. I'm primarily a land development consultant, so when I have gone out the past several weeks, it's to DIRT. In person meetings have been replaced by emails and phone calls. I also own a portion of a controlled access access company in California that has projects all over the country and it's still humming along, workers are wearing protective equipment if needed. There's no hysteria on my end either, but there's calculated risk taking. I'm not going to be licking my fingers at the grocery store for instance I'll use a wipe or a glove to pump gas, etc. Like I've said in other threads, I'm fine if we use a little extra caution and keep things closed awhile longer till we see a decent decline. It's certainly better than suddenly having too many patients and people on ventilators in hallways.
I guess it's easy for you to say we should keep things closed since none of this has any economic effect on you. Did the business you own part of take the stimulus money too?

Old 04-24-2020, 09:38 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,302,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I guess it's easy for you to say we should keep things closed since none of this has any economic effect on you. Did the business you own part of take the stimulus money too?
Why would we do that if we didn't have to close down?

Old 04-25-2020, 09:52 AM

525 posts, read 542,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Why would we do that if we didn't have to close down?
In all fairness, you don't have to shut down to accept a small business loan or stimulus money. You just have to prove that you have suffered a hardship. If not, you have to pay it back.

Old 04-25-2020, 10:01 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,987,544 times
Here, they are looking at opening non-airconditioned restaurants before those with AC. Plenty of "experts" are saying the ac is more dangerous, even with ductless systems holding a huge share. I think we are 2-3 weeks ahead of most of the US in Bangkok. We started masking 4 weeks ago..many do it anyways. Haven't been able to buy beer since April 10..was extended once till the end of April. I have 9.62 liters in my fridge for 6 days.

Old 04-26-2020, 11:45 AM

39,125 posts, read 51,388,584 times
Sonora Quest is now doing antibody testing at many locations in the Phoenix metro. For now, it's on doctors orders, but they plan to start offering it to everyone who wants one without a referral in early May.

Old 04-26-2020, 11:51 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,689,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Sonora Quest is now doing antibody testing at many locations in the Phoenix metro. For now, it's on doctors orders, but they plan to start offering it to everyone who wants one without a referral in early May.
What’s the point though. Has there been any evidence of immunity after recovery?

Old 04-26-2020, 04:52 PM

8,048 posts, read 12,311,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Roach View Post
Here, they are looking at opening non-airconditioned restaurants before those with AC. Plenty of "experts" are saying the ac is more dangerous, even with ductless systems holding a huge share. I think we are 2-3 weeks ahead of most of the US in Bangkok. We started masking 4 weeks ago..many do it anyways. Haven't been able to buy beer since April 10..was extended once till the end of April. I have 9.62 liters in my fridge for 6 days.
Again, this is where better cleanliness & hygiene come into play. In some places, air vents are absolutely filthy, and I can just imagine how long it has been since their ducts were cleaned & sanitized. Even many residential homes have ducts which have never been cleaned out. Certain companies offer duct cleaning at reasonable rates, so there's really no excuse for the neglect. Even something as routine as basic air conditioning maintenance (changing filters regularly) is easy enough to be done by the home/business owner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area