Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: In your opinion, what is President Obama's race?
White 4 1.73%
Black 59 25.54%
Multiracial 142 61.47%
I don't believe in "race" 26 11.26%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-06-2011, 08:30 AM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Reputation: 3554

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
He looks black?

Obama


A real black


Nah, Obama is simply a mutt. He looks like one too.
That was not cool. I guess there are alot of "mutts" as you call them in this country no thanks to your slave molesting ancestors

Last edited by simetime; 04-06-2011 at 08:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-06-2011, 09:08 AM
 
7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times
Reputation: 3241
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Left yourself open to that one....
LA Times and WND....yeah I guess they are equivalent.
I have no respect for journalists, regardless of what their politics happen to be.

Quote:
I disagree,the mainly leftist media has been a little..........slow or unwilling to take to task Obama on anything.
Then its a good thing we have a rightist media to make up crap instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2011, 09:37 AM
 
Location: Metro-Detroit area
4,050 posts, read 3,958,313 times
Reputation: 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
He looks black?

Obama


A real black


Nah, Obama is simply a mutt. He looks like one too.
How ignorant, but as usual some folk will base their "scientific" view based on looks alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2011, 09:46 AM
 
16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Reputation: 4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
He's done nothing to hide the fact that he has a White American mother and he was raised by White American grandparents that had a positive influence on his wife. So what's YOUR BEEF?
I wouldn't say that Obama thinks the white part of his life had ANY positive influence, not by what he wrote in his books anyway. They were just "typical" whites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2011, 01:40 PM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Reputation: 3554
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I wouldn't say that Obama thinks the white part of his life had ANY positive influence, not by what he wrote in his books anyway. They were just "typical" whites.
Why is it whenever a biracial person is doing well this conversation comes up, but whenever something bad is done it is always "it must be the black part of him" (see Tiger woods)

In all actuality it really does not matter in the scheme of things, he can't help who is parents are or what group accepts him as their own as long as he does what God put him on this earth to do. (pizz off the Refuticans) ha ha ahahahahhahah!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2011, 01:43 PM
 
7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
Reputation: 7060
Because he's racist, and also ashamed of the fact that it was the white part of his family who raised him to be who he is today, not his black daddy who abandoned him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2011, 02:21 PM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Reputation: 3554
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Because he's racist, and also ashamed of the fact that it was the white part of his family who raised him to be who he is today, not his black daddy who abandoned him.
Or the fact because of the blantant racism in this at that time they proably could not be able to live in a white neighborhood for fear of a lynching or at least a cross buring or two

If he was a drug dealer would you still feel the same? I doubt it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2011, 02:30 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
Reputation: 14005
Remember when some black "leaders" denounced General Powell as not being "black enough"?

lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2011, 02:36 PM
 
Location: TMI
415 posts, read 449,475 times
Reputation: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Race; census; Obama: Black and more so - latimes.com

The article quoted a political science professor who said that Obama identifies as black for political reasons. If he had called himself multiracial in Chicago, he never would have had a political career.
The way you asked the question is incorrect. He IS multiracial. So, asking : what's his race in your opinion" is a weird question. It's like, "What day do you think today is? Tuesday or Wednesday?" There's only one correct answer. You should have asked "How do you identify him?".

I think that most white people don't really care ( contrary to what you read here, perhaps), but black folks do. He might be losing a few white votes, but I think will end up getting more black votes, so I think he end up a little ahead.
I don't like "race politics", but it does exist. So, I guess whatever works for him.
If you asked me, he should have checked both, as this would have been scientifically correct.

I'm pretty sure that Marco Rubio does not identify himself as Latino, but it will almost certainly come up during elections to catch some voters. People will vote accordingly. That's nothing new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2011, 02:50 PM
 
9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Reputation: 2521
Why doesn't President Obama acknowledge that he's half-white or multiracial?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Race; census; Obama: Black and more so - latimes.com

The article quoted a political science professor who said that Obama identifies as black for political reasons. If he had called himself multiracial in Chicago, he never would have had a political career.
Because then, he wouldn't have gone down in history as the first black president.


YouTube - Herman Cain- "A Real Black Man May Run Against Barack Obama"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:51 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top