Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 08:16 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,582,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
What you're really saying is: don't have sex.

Good luck with that policy.
Nobody is saying that.

Use a condom or birth control.

Go get an abortion if you need to.

STOP HAVING CHILDREN IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD THEM.

Having kids is not a right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 08:16 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Wow. Are you really equating having kids when you have no money - with breathing? Come on man.

Condoms are like 99% effective... again, not rocket science.
What I'm saying is this, this middle class and working poor in this country are losing financial ground daily. Child care is expensive, where I live one child in full time day care is $800.00. If you have two children that's $1600.00 a month.

So for idiots to get on here and attempt to minimize the economic hurdles that many people face is ludicrous.

As I said in my earlier post, the op's statement and my corresponding one were both stupid statements on their face.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:19 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
What I'm saying is this, this middle class and working poor in this country are losing financial ground daily. Child care is expensive, where I live one child in full time day care is $800.00. If you have two children that's $1600.00 a month.

So for idiots to get on here and attempt to minimize the economic hurdles that many people face is ludicrous.
Hey I hear you dude. Times are hard. I had this brilliant idea that I've been trying, and it's worked for me for the last couple years. Don't have kids. I won't have kids until I am making money and I have a nice chunk of savings.

Quote:
As I said in my earlier post, the op's statement and my corresponding one were both stupid statements on their face.
No, just yours. Because you know what happens if you don't breath right? You die. Whereas if you don't have kids... nothing happens. So no the two are not comparable.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:20 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,150 times
Quote:
If you have more kids than you can afford, how are you not poor?

Because people who make six figures aren't considered poor. Buying an expensive house, two cars and having baby after baby on one income is living beyond your means. People go into debt because of this and in some cases, lose their homes. Most people middle class/poor are a pay check away from poverty. My point was that being middle class or wealthy doesn't automatically mean that you make good choices financially or when it comes to having children. People are constantly passing judgment and bashing the poor as if they are the root of all evil and are a bunch of lazy, menaces to society who don't deserve anything. Yet the same people go to church every Sunday and claim to be Christian. BS.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Hey I hear you dude. Times are hard. I had this brilliant idea that I've been trying, and it's worked for me for the last couple years. Don't have kids. I won't have kids until I am making money and I have a nice chunk of savings.

No, just yours. Because you know what happens if you don't breath right? You die. Whereas if you don't have kids... nothing happens. So no the two are not comparable.
You don't have kids???...oohhh okay. I get your lack of insight now.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Because people who make six figures aren't considered poor. Buying an expensive house, two cars and having baby after baby on one income is living beyond your means. People go into debt because of this and in some cases, lose their homes. Most people middle class/poor are a pay check away from poverty. My point was that being middle class or wealthy doesn't automatically mean that you make good choices financially or when it comes to having children.
Those middle class people who blow all their money and can't afford their kids are no longer rich at that point, they are poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
People are constantly passing judgment and bashing the poor as if they are the root of all evil and are a bunch of lazy, menaces to society who don't deserve anything. Yet the same people go to church every Sunday and claim to be Christian. BS.
Some people do that. Some other people constantly make generalizations about how we "hate the poor" because we have a problem with irresponsibility. I've been responsible my whole damn life. I deserve to reap the benefits of that more than someone who hasn't.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
You don't have kids???...oohhh okay. I get your lack of insight now.
Insight? What I just said required no insight. Just a tiny bit of common sense.

Yeah, I don't have kids because I don't have enough money. What do I have to be an idiot and have kids while I'm broke in order to speak on this topic?

Old 08-18-2011, 08:31 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,303,358 times
Until you walk a mile in another man's shoes.....

Old 08-18-2011, 08:31 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,150 times
Quote:
Those middle class people who blow all their money and can't afford their kids are no longer rich at that point, they are poor.

Some people do that. Some other people constantly make generalizations about how we "hate the poor" because we have a problem with irresponsibility. I've been responsible my whole damn life. I deserve to reap the benefits of that more than someone who hasn't.
And if someone is working every day and taking care of their children, they are just as responsible or even more than you are. The cost of living is high. I am not poor and I have complained about it before. I work hard as well, more than some people who have it a lot easier than I do some of them make more and some make less. Either way, if I want to complain about the cost of living, the cost of childcare or the cost of toilet paper, I am entitled to do so.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Insight? What I just said required no insight. Just a tiny bit of common sense.

Yeah, I don't have kids because I don't have enough money. What do I have to be an idiot and have kids while I'm broke in order to speak on this topic?
Again, your lack of insight has made itself clear.

Feel free to post another ill thought out thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies