Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2012, 07:38 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,691,381 times

Advertisements

Asians are more towards Gun-control. Also they are not very religious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 03:48 PM

35 posts, read 32,235 times
Default Does GOP become a "Labour Party"

So Asian American should swarm in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.X View Post
I do not understand how Asians could have overwhelmingly voted for Obama....

Asians on the most are "hard workers", "ambitious", "intelligent"---the total opposite of Obama...I just don't get it....

Asian Americans overwhelmingly backed Obama, Democrats - latimes.com

Old 11-14-2012, 05:33 PM

37,157 posts, read 39,430,503 times
Quote:
You keep complaining about the same issues year after year after year...and yet nothing changes...why...even when the supposedly compassionate liberals are in charge---whether they be white or black...your nothing more than willing slaves on the liberal plantation just waiting for your welfare checks.....Invest in yourselves don't depend on the government for all your needs...
Well, it's happening to some extent, but you sometimes do need a little help when you're really scrapping from the bottom. Things are changing fairly quickly and crime rates are going down while educational attainment is going up in the African-American population. This is pretty amazing given that many people are still alive from the Jim Crow and segregation era from just the mid 50s and late 60s. That's about two or three generations depending on how you count things. Also, really? A slave reference with liberals as the plantation owners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Given the facts that a higher percentage of Asians have BA degrees than any other ethnic group, their average salary ($66K) is also tops, and their rejection rate for mortages is the lowest of any ethnic group, it just goes to show you what ambition can do for you despite brainwashing from the Democrats and a very liberal media.
Liberal media and a sort of opportunities-for-all and a bit of a boost for those with few policies, often promulgated by liberals, pretty much helped Asians get there. I will say though, the GOP probably would have attracted a much larger percentage of the Asian-American vote (and probably most votes in general) if there wasn't such a huge emphasis on religion, loud proclamations of anti-intellectualism and social issues which seem neither here nor there and more on just smaller government, smaller deficit, and less military spending and activity (where it's a hard case to argue how greater military spending jives with smaller government/deficit). On the other hand, I'm not sure how concentrating on those would help with other core issues like gun control to reduce crime (generally in favor) and much greater spending on education for everyone.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:47 PM

1,116 posts, read 1,210,561 times
Quote:
I do not understand how Asians could have overwhelmingly voted for Obama....

Asians on the most are "hard workers", "ambitious", "intelligent"---the total opposite of Obama...I just don't get it....

Asian Americans overwhelmingly backed Obama, Democrats - latimes.com
Maybe it's because they are good at arithmetic?

Old 11-14-2012, 10:16 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,800 times
I can't say for sure but I know that my 10 year old came home from school and asked me is Romney hates Asian people? I told him of course not and why was he asking. He told me that an Asian girl in his class told him that Romney hates Asians and that her mother told her so. People have this false belief about things that are just ridiculous. Romney nor the GOP hate Asians.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:26 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,431,347 times
So they love America and don't want the terrorists to win. What's so confusing about that?

Old 11-15-2012, 10:34 AM

37,157 posts, read 39,430,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I can't say for sure but I know that my 10 year old came home from school and asked me is Romney hates Asian people? I told him of course not and why was he asking. He told me that an Asian girl in his class told him that Romney hates Asians and that her mother told her so. People have this false belief about things that are just ridiculous. Romney nor the GOP hate Asians.
Yea, I don't believe Romney is any more racist than the next guy, but the GOP did pull out some pretty offensive statements and ads which used a lot of "exotic oriental" stereotypes that seemed completely unnecessary. Stuff like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-E2IhOc58k

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTSQozWP-rM

Not that I'm saying that's the only reason asian-americans voted for obama--there's also probably just how bad and vague romney/ryan's plan seemed (asians are supposed to be good at math is another stereotype, but this one's somewhat supported statistically). There's also the fact that the developed East Asian countries such as Taiwan, South Korea, Japan and Singapore generally are fine with abortion (not that it's a great thing, but it's better than unwanted children or endangerment of the mother). Also, socialized health care is in place in those countries and a decent number of Asian Americans do have relatives to visit in those countries where they can see how the systems there are obviously more efficient and much cheaper than the system currently in place in the US so it's sort of baffling to a lot of Asian Americans that the US has not implemented this at all.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:24 AM

185 posts, read 159,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
I'm black no kids and work and provide for myself your ignorance is why you lost, reality will have to hit you In the face sometime but trust me even though you're white, you're a pawn in this game my friend, just another vote for the corporate enlite. You're a easy target, notice how they bash welfare but never end it or limit it and use it to get you rilled up to vote for them, 2016 will be more of the same, race and warfare to get into office at the integrity of blacks and browns as usual.

You guys are just too stupid to see the big picture don't take that the wrong way but its true.
Agreed, i would also like to add to what you've said. Notice how the ones that bash people on welfare usually ignore the most costly form of 'welfarism', corporate welfare ( i.e, subsidation of private industry, tax loopholes, fiscal side bailouts and monetary side stimulus packaged for failed companies and zombie banks via central bank policies totaling in the tens of trillions).

They've lost because they are clueless about people outside of their ideological prism. They refuse to believe that people actually hear them when they make insulting and derogatory comments about minority groups or just plainly when they talk out of their asses. Instead of addressing constructive criticism about the inane comments and policies implemented by their party followers in the public square and in government, they simple reduce non GOP-voters to "taker" type caricatures like that of the Obama phone woman. I have no doubt there people that are like that but to reduce critics to mere caricatures only makes it worse for the survival of their party. I doubt most of the Obama voters are like that...too bad they can't see that.

Personally, I have a strong distaste for political parties and wish for their demise. So, election day for me was best described as...one down one to go.

Last edited by Tk101; 11-20-2012 at 12:45 PM..

Old 11-20-2012, 12:30 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
I do not understand how Asians could have overwhelmingly voted for Obama...
You might be better off worrying about what you do understand than drown in an ocean of what you don't.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:22 PM

502 posts, read 717,950 times
"Asian Americans" also includes Indians and Pakistanis, which are greatly increasing in number and vote 90%+ Democratic (at least in recent elections). If we narrow the field to east asians (korean, chinese, vietnamese, filipino, etc) the split is probably a lot closer to 50-50 with reports showing filipinos being the most Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies