Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2012, 07:43 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
We can only wonder why, now, you are wanting a AR-15 or Bushmaster. ? When I had one 30 years ago, no one wanted them, they were reasonably cheap. I picked that weapon of choice because if the fasct it was .223 first . Looked mean second or even third, as they were very easy to shoot, very fast. The way I saw it the .223 was a natural step up from my old .22 single action rifle.( I am not talking about the Bushmaster now). You did not have to be a sharp shooter to use them ether. Long range along with when in the woods hunting squirrels small tree branches would not deflect them.
Easy. I want one to just upset you lefties. that;s why at one time i bought and had 3 Ak-47 clones....

I don't want the .223 round either i want the AR-10 in .308. i already have a rifle that uses that round, and a lot of other rifles and shot guns not to mention flintlocks.

Before Sandy Hook I was looking over Ar guns made for the 10th Mountain and found out one of my long time friends is building them. But i want one just to upset people like you...

I think it's funny making you whine........ And i like shooting alot... I hunt and i carry long guns and hand guns all over the local National Forest...

It's really funny when you come on to a tree hugger and they see any gun at all.

Just by the wording you use I highly doubt you ever had a rifle... What is a single action rifle anyway?

Had it not been for a Clinton woman coming on tv right after 911 and saying something like "If Americans were not allowed private fire arm ownership 911 would never have happened. probably i wouldn't own any AK's..

I am simply sick of your chit... You lefties are to blame for my having black guns.. I just put my money where my mouth is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 08:04 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,483,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar
We can only wonder why, now, you are wanting a AR-15 or Bushmaster. ? When I had one 30 years ago

30 YEARS ago? Oh Snap....and all of this time, judging by your writing skills, I thought you were a pimply faced 17 year old using mom's computer....

Now, having claimed to own that rifle....answer Mac's question....WITHOUT Googling it first!

Tell me the four rules of safe firearms handling?

Explain the difference between cyclic rate, real rate of fire and practical sustained rate of fire...do you EVEN KNOW how drastic those numbers dwindle?

Old 12-27-2012, 08:07 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
What this debate is all about is not that the No Fly Then Buy could not happen , but that it could. Has it happened? I do not know, but nether do you. The point being that under current law a person could be put on the no fly list without being a conflicted felon...hence then this person could get a gun permit to purchase a gun but could not fly on a commercial airplane.People are put on the No Fly list , not only US citizens, but anyone thats felt to be some sort of risk. In general, I see this as a loop hole, that COULD happen. It is expected Congressman Jim Moran, 8th district of Va. will introduce such legislation in the upcoming session after the first of the year.
I can see no reason such should not pass. You right wing gun toters are suggesting we need better checking on possible felons, crazy's and others of interest as a part of keeping guns out of the hands of the wrong people. You may disagree, most likely do, am I right, less regulations , more guns are the answer ? I think its a twofold approach, or should be anyway. We need to do what we can to protect our people from these violent nuts,!
Literally anyone can end up on a No Fly list, even before 9/11/2001. I have been on the No Fly list prior to 2001, Senator Ted Kennedy was on a No Fly list, Congressional Medal of Honor recipient Joe Foss was on a No Fly list, just about everyone ends up on the No Fly list eventually.

I know a great many left wing gun totters who support their constitutionally protected inherent individual right as much as any right wing gun totter. This is not a partisan issue, it is a constitutionally protected inherent individual right that we are discussing and it affects Republicans, Democrats, and Independents alike.

While I have no problem with better checking on convicted felons, when you start talking about "possible felons" you have crossed the line. Now you sound like our Department of Homeland Security who has branded every US military veteran as a "possible" domestic terrorist, hence a "possible felon."

As for the "crazy's", who decides they are mentally ill? What level of mental illness determines whether or not they should be allowed to exercise their constitutionally protected inherent individual right? I can see this quickly evolving into an excuse to disarm those diagnosed with ADHD.

I am trying to think of another constitutionally protected inherent individual right that is only allowed to be exercised if another gives their approval and I cannot think of any. It would not be inherent if you had to obtain permission from another before using your right. Why would any rational human being allow someone to tell them what inherent rights they have or do not have?

Every federal gun control law enacted since 1934, including the National Firearms Act, should be repealed. None of them deter criminals, they only infringe on the law-abiding. Furthermore, the US Constitution does not give Congress the authority to regulate firearms except through the Commerce Clause. The power to regulate firearms belongs to each State, depending upon their individual State Constitutions, not the federal government. Lastly, but most importantly, repeal the federal Gun-Free School Zone Act of 1995, unless you want more Columbine, VA Tech, and Newtown massacres.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:14 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,910,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
Better YET...does everyone remember this?

The Police were getting their asses shot off by felons who had ILLEGAL converted AKs.

They were armed with their standard Beretta 9mm 92FS handguns and 12 ga shotguns.

Do you KNOW where the got the "firepower" to bring these hoods down?

A local gun shop...(borrowed weapons).

Pathetic actually!
Every gun-related crime performed nowadays has broken, by definition, multiple gun laws on the books. Yet these crimes are still performed on a frequent basis. Maybe we should be treating the root cause of people doing this instead of the end result itself.

This is just like the CA ban on driving with cell phones. Clueless people are plowing into people with their cars while driving. CA bans cell phone usage while driving. I see people still driving while yapping on cell phones on a daily basis TODAY. All the law basically does is slap on another charge after the yapping person plows into a yet another person. Lot of good that law did.

Moral of the story: Maybe just maybe the behavior of today's society is the problem, not the objects they use and the laws that ban them.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:19 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,483,735 times
^^^^ @ jkbatca +1

Old 12-27-2012, 08:51 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,942,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
30 YEARS ago? Oh Snap....and all of this time, judging by your writing skills, I thought you were a pimply faced 17 year old using mom's computer....

Now, having claimed to own that rifle....answer Mac's question....WITHOUT Googling it first!

Tell me the four rules of safe firearms handling?

Explain the difference between cyclic rate, real rate of fire and practical sustained rate of fire...do you EVEN KNOW how drastic those numbers dwindle?
Just goes to show you have not been following my posts other than cherry picking words, so you can claim superiority in what ever crosses your mind. If you had read my earlier post about owning a Bushmaster, and why, you would know.
I am not a gun nut, or a collector, so, I know the basics, but make no claims .Practical experience tells me you treat every firearm as a loaded one. Another quality should be always know what you are about to fire on, if not, don't.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:55 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Thanks for answering my little non partisan poll. Agreed mostly, but you forget about the big rich companies that are in bed with the Elected government., it's becoming a lot like Germany in the thirties....

True. Crony Capitalism dominates our government today.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:57 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,480,547 times
I am a very law abiding citizen and I live out in the county, and I find the .223 a hell of a lot of fun to shoot in my backyard woods. I enjoy shooting my pistols and other hunting rifles. So, any law abiding citizen who enjoys guns as a hobby would want to own an assault weapon.

Be scared of the individual, not the weapon they chose to attack you with.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:06 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,480,547 times
OK liberals, its pretty simple.

Fact. Guns are not going anywhere. Try for a minute and try to understand how our system works. Do some research. Its not gunna happen.

Fact. Most media/journalist don't own guns and actually don't know crap about them yet they are the ones feeding you with this trash and you liberal mobs buy into it.

Fact. Criminals don't obey laws!

Fact. Media didn't hype up the fact the recent fireman shooting weapon was also a bushmaster. There are reasons for that because it will hurt their anti gun agenda. I'll let you all think on that and figure out why. May be tough without somebody else spelling it out for you but its good for the brain. Hint: location...

Fact. We pass so many laws in the USA and they all get broken. Pass more gun laws and guess what, they will be broken. And not by the people that you want to have breaking them!

Fact. Just because you don't like something means I can't like attitude needs to go.

You anti American liberals who ***** and complain about everything and really don't have a clue are in desperate need of a wakeup call.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Old 12-28-2012, 07:41 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,942,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
OK liberals, its pretty simple.

Fact. Guns are not going anywhere. Try for a minute and try to understand how our system works. Do some research. Its not gunna happen.

Fact. Most media/journalist don't own guns and actually don't know crap about them yet they are the ones feeding you with this trash and you liberal mobs buy into it.

Fact. Criminals don't obey laws!

Fact. Media didn't hype up the fact the recent fireman shooting weapon was also a bushmaster. There are reasons for that because it will hurt their anti gun agenda. I'll let you all think on that and figure out why. May be tough without somebody else spelling it out for you but its good for the brain. Hint: location...

Fact. We pass so many laws in the USA and they all get broken. Pass more gun laws and guess what, they will be broken. And not by the people that you want to have breaking them!

Fact. Just because you don't like something means I can't like attitude needs to go.

You anti American liberals who ***** and complain about everything and really don't have a clue are in desperate need of a wakeup call.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
We all can understand where you are at with your gun freedoms thing. I am not of that persuasion, but DO understand where , on a personal basis the thinking comes from. I speak from a hobbyist point of view which in all my 71 years has been my obsession. Granted it was not in guns, but it was in something even more intense and expensive than any average gun collector/hobbyist. My life long involvement was in the old car /vintage boat hobby. We ate, slept, spent, our way through life year after year , it never stopped.. I was in very deep, emotionally just as much as many gun folks are.
I know, we did not share the same politics ( other than most old car folks were right wingers ) but we did have the same appreciation for our cars/trucks/authenticity, even in the old wooden boats, which was even more intense than the cars when it came to restoration as did a lot of gun hobbyists.
I know you must be thinking how could any "car Guy" be anywhere like us "Gun Guys", we are mostly flag wavers, all American, don't take my guns away , knowledge driven, authentically possessed and just over all proud of our guns and the accomplishments we made happen with our hands and our check book. That part remains the same, the interest and devotion to the hobby .from Politics side, we too had issues. There was always some that wanted to take away our cars, mostly in the name of pollution, safety, OSHA rules and laws that drove up our restoration costs.
So, just to let you know, there ARE others out there that understand, that share dedication, and all the social aspects that only come/go along with being around people with the same persuasion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies