Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2013, 11:56 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,116,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
That's true for procreational purposes. But it has nothing to do with marriage.
So then if marriage is irrelevant, why keep pushing for it? Just b/c you love someone doesn't mean you have to get married.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:57 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,246,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Funny how liberal people want to use science when it pushes their agenda but ignore it when it doesn't fit with their narrative. Men and women are supposed to be with one another so they can procreate and perpetuate the species. Two men or two women cannot do that.
You people who believe this is the only thing that matters. Gay people have a word for what you just outlined, they're called "breeders", sounds nasty doesn't it? How does that compare to the slurs thrown at gays?

Ever wonder how many man and woman couples gave up their children because neither father or mother wanted them? and were adopted by gay and lesbian couples, and were loved, nurtured and well taken care of.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkhunter View Post
Its the same discrimination
According to liberals, everything is discrimination.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:00 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,170,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I hear some people try to compare the gay marriage issue to what blacks went through. I just heard someone compare it to Jackie Robinson. Stop it. That's appalling. Homosexuals as men and women never suffered or are treated like blacks were. To make such a comparison is disgusting.

Civil rights are not being violated. You can do anything another normal man or woman can do.

This entire issue has been blown out of proportion with stupid rhetoric
Actually, I will compare it to the struggle blacks had & still have. I truly could give two hoots if you don't like it.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:01 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,269,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
So then if marriage is irrelevant, why keep pushing for it? Just b/c you love someone doesn't mean you have to get married.
The fed gov grants benefits to a married couple. A woman that is married for 15 years receives more benefits than a homosexual man/woman that lives together for 30 years. The military gives you a pay raise if you are married. Child credits are only available if the kid is biologically yours or you adopted. How is that fair?

Remove the benefits or treat everyone equally.

An Overview of Federal Rights and Protections Granted to Married Couples | Resources | Human Rights Campaign

Old 03-27-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Don't be obtuse. You know as well as I do they're fighting to marry the consenting adult of their choice - male or female. Again, the consenting adult OF THEIR CHOICE. When I as a heterosexual woman can marry the consenting adult I love, and my homosexual friends cannot, we are not equal. Period.
But now we are expanding the definition of marriage to include any adult to any adult instead of just any man to any woman. Next it will be any adult to any number of adults. Just keep loosening the laws on society depending how immoral it becomes. Not a good idea.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:03 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,117,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
This ought to end the thread immediately. It won't, of course.
Of course not. But the funny thing about this line of thinking is that it exposes another stupid line of thinking.

"If racists in the Civil Rights era had just been nicer in their racism, then there wouldn't have been a need for the CRM."

miu

17,770 posts, read 40,188,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
The fed gov grants benefits to a married couple. A woman that is married for 15 years receives more benefits than a homosexual man/woman that lives together for 30 years. The military gives you a pay raise if you are married. Child credits are only available if the kid is biologically yours or you adopted. How is that fair?

An Overview of Federal Rights and Protections Granted to Married Couples | Resources | Human Rights Campaign
As someone who is childfree, I vote for removing those benefits.

1,025 posts, read 1,753,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I hear some people try to compare the gay marriage issue to what blacks went through. I just heard someone compare it to Jackie Robinson. Stop it. That's appalling. Homosexuals as men and women never suffered or are treated like blacks were. To make such a comparison is disgusting.

Civil rights are not being violated. You can do anything another normal man or woman can do.

This entire issue has been blown out of proportion with stupid rhetoric
They are both civil rights issue. I agree Blacks had it worse, but as far as interracial marriage it is same. States pass bans keeping interracial couples from marrying just like many states passed gay marriage bans. How again is that different?

Old 03-27-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
The fed gov grants benefits to a married couple. A woman that is married for 15 years receives more benefits than a homosexual man/woman that lives together for 30 years. The military gives you a pay raise if you are married. Child credits and are only available if the kid is biologically yours or you adopted. How is that fair?

I am for getting the gov't out of marriage entirely. However, I do see the value in traditional marriage and traditional families so I think it should be encouraged in some way. Just not sure how, since I believe in limited gov't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies