Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2013, 02:57 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary20852 View Post
Homosexuals want gay marriage, because they believe it will bring them a certain level of acceptance by society at large. It has very little to do with valuing marriage ideals such as monogamy and family, and everything to do with pushing the notion that homosexual activity is normal.

Blacks and gays are like apples and cats. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. The fight for civil rights was just that, a fight for civil rights, and should not be used to justify gays being allowed to marry. Gays are simply trying to legitimize their lifestyle by demanding that their unions be viewed in the same fashion as a traditional marriage between a man and a woman. If people believe that there is no difference, so be it, but I know what is right, and homosexuality is a sin and nothing or no one will ever be able to convince me that it is not.
Who cares if you think it's a sin. As long as gays can marry & every one enjoys equality you can live your merry life as you see fit.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:03 PM

353 posts, read 395,499 times
The mere fact that gays are arguing that they should be allowed the right to receive their partner's health care benefits, etc, should tell you everything that you need to know.

Gay males and females are politically active and have vast powerful lobbies (as Justice Roberts pointed out today) behind them.

It's rather sad that Obama has fought vigorously for gay rights, but ask yourself, has he fought for family rights? Has he advocated for low income or working class black, white, Hispanic or Asian men and women to receive free training or access to free trade school courses to ensure that they are able to compete for job related opportunities to support their children during this recession?

Sometimes it feels as though I'm living in the twilight zone.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Who cares if you think it's a sin. As long as gays can marry & every one enjoys equality you can live your merry life as you see fit.
The issue for you is legitimacy (that's what you are really after) not rights. Many gay people have written blogs about this issue and they concur with my opinion.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:20 PM

I can't wait to see what happens in a few years, when the vast majority of heterosexuals who support gay marriage get a dose of reality. Their children will be told in school that homosexuality is normal and perfectly ok. Also, just wait until you go out with your family and two men and two women begin kissing right in front of your children and proclaim, what's the issue, "We are married."

Old 03-27-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
The issue for you is legitimacy (that's what you are really after) not rights. Many gay people have written blogs about this issue and they concur with my opinion.
Well why don't you ponder what it would be like for you if it were illegal for you to marry who you wanted. It's really not that hard unless you're one of those types who care about no one but yourself. Compassion can be tough to come by, can't it?

Old 03-27-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
I can't wait to see what happens in a few years, when the vast majority of heterosexuals who support gay marriage get a dose of reality. Their children will be told in school that homosexuality is normal and perfectly ok. Also, just wait until you go out with your family and two men and two women begin kissing right in front of your children and proclaim, what's the issue, "We are married."
OH MY GOD, THE WORLD IS ENDING!!!! I hope they bend over & start doing it right there in front of you in the restaurant, that'd be hilarious.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:27 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,266,597 times
Quote:
What IS the issue? You cannot force someone to be attracted to someone they aren't attracted to.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
What IS the issue? You cannot force someone to be attracted to someone they aren't attracted to.
I suspect these people who are overly concerned with others they know nothing about are leading very sad, unfulfilling lives so they have to direct their attention to something else so as not to think about their own sad pathetic lives.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:32 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,174,301 times
Quote:
My daughter already knows that homosexuality is normal. She'll even be attending a "gay marriage" later this year. As for the kissing in front of us, she sees heterosexual couples and homosexual couples holding hands out in public. Even the occasional kiss. Doesn't phase her.

What is the issue?

If your kids are curious because you've shielded them from anything homosexual, the easiest answer to "Why are those two guys holding hands?" is "Because they want to". Just a tip from one mother to another. It's the same answer my dad gave when I asked him why a super fat lady was buying 20 bags of candy.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:33 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,243,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
"Breeders" are people who keep popping out kids they can't afford. I have never heard anybody call a traditional man and wife "breeders." If they called me that, I couldn't care less b/c that's not what I am.

Anyway, we should not be changing laws and even the Constitution to appease a very small percentage of the population. Then we will have people trying to change things all over the place and that is getting away from the freedoms this country was founded upon.
How is giving equal rights to everyone under the constitution under the law APPEASEMENT?

You must therefore be appeased yourself, because you have rights under the constitution, you just want to exclude a certain percentage of the population to suit YOUR definition.

In that scenario, that would be ok for me but not for thee. Gotcha! Who are you type of people who want to hug your own interpretations of laws?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies