Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2013, 10:16 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,393,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post
Of course he got away with murder, but the prosecution sucked and there was "reasonable doubt". This is OJ all over again.
Exactly.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:17 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
She should have hung the jury then, if those were indeed her personal convictions...

Game over....thanks for playing.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:19 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
No one disputes whether or not Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin. The prosecutors made a huge mistake charging him with second degree murder, which requires that you prove he killed intentionally and with malice, etc. If they would have charged him with a lesser crime like manslaughter (third degree murder) which is more of a crime of passion, he'd be in prison right now. My husband (a former prosecutor) said he understands why the prosecutor made the decision that he did, but that it was a riskier move because juries can be unpredictable--he thought the prosecution did a really bad job. Martin really did get away with third degree murder--he would have gone to prison on that charge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_(United_States_law)

Old 07-25-2013, 10:20 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,363,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Let me the first to comment - the juror's comments are a mess of contradictions. If she said he "got away with murder" then why didn't she vote guilty and force a mistrial. That's her responsibility. Then she failed as a juror to do her duty.
But you have one paragraph saying "he got away from murder",
another paragraph saying "She said the jury was following Florida law and the evidence, she said, did not prove murder.",
another paragraph saying "When asked by Roberts whether the case should have gone to trial, Maddy said, "I don't think so." "I felt like this was a publicity stunt. This whole court service thing to me was publicity," she said."

A very confused soul.
Or after the $$$.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:33 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,035,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
This thread was originally posted earlier in the True Crime along with the other Zimmerman threads, but the mod decided to move it. The sticky thread was posted later.
Step 1, move it P&OC. Step 2, close the thread. Because they don't want people on C-D talking about how Zimmerman got away with murder. We should all be good sheep and just let it die.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:36 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mister View Post
Personally, I'm very torn overall on this case. I can't make up my mind. With that said, this was quite interesting to say the least. Juror says she owes Martin's parents apology - Houston Chronicle

Keep in mind she is Puerto Rican, not black. Thoughts?

Puerto Rican is not a race.....it is a nationality.

I believe the juror in question is a Mulatto...........a mixture of Black, Indian and maybe some White.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:40 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Io.I View Post
Ok now you're saying he was trying. So first you said his gun was ready once he hit the ground now you're saying he was trying to almost right away. Whatever that means. Is that like saying something is definitely possibly maybe certain? And now you're basing your response on what GZ said. "He said so himself" You're taking GZ word for it now.

What self-defense injuries would satisfy you?

You get your nose broken and your head pounded on the concrete well I suppose you can provide us with the injuries and where GZ hands could be. Have you ever had you're nose broken. Do you know how painful it is? The pain rushes at you straight into your brain. You're eyes get watery. Add to that a brutal head pound. Have you bumped your head on a desk or have you ever taken a fall on the ground. How long does it take you to regain composure. So a head on concrete collision repeatedly and a broken nose. And more punches from someone you cannot shake off. When someone get's straddles you sitting on your stomach or chest it is not easy to get them off. You should watch UFC fights and most instances this type of mount means lights out for the guy on bottom.
Yes, yes, and yes. I have had my nose broken. It looked a lot worse than Zimmerman's nose injury and took about 2 weeks to heal, not 12 hours. I have had migraines a lot worse than the pain of the broken nose--it's not that bad. I have hit my head on a fridge door, and also my chin on a lamp, and both of those injuries looked a lot worse than Zimmerman's head injury, and bled a lot more. Both left permanent scars, unlike Zimmerman whose scars pretty well cleared up overnight. I have also hit my head on a windshield in a car accident. I have fallen back onto concrete and had the wind knocked out of me for about about a minute. Big deal. None of these were major life-threatening events in my life.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:45 PM

93 posts, read 83,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Yes, yes, and yes. I have had my nose broken. It looked a lot worse than Zimmerman's nose injury and took about 2 weeks to heal, not 12 hours. I have hit my head on a fridge door, and also my chin on a lamp, and both of those injuries looked a lot worse than Zimmerman's head injury, and bled a lot more. Both left permanent scars, unlike Zimmerman whose scars pretty well cleared up overnight. I have also hit my head on a windshield in a car accident. I have fallen back onto concrete and had the wind knocked out of me for about about a minute. Big deal. None of these were major life-threatening events in my life.
What self defense injuries would satisfy you? Try not to hurt yourself while avoiding this question for the 3rd time.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:50 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Io.I View Post
What self defense injuries would satisfy you? Try not to hurt yourself while avoiding this question for the 3rd time.
Self-defense injuries like marks on his hands or marks on Trayvon indicating Zimmerman had "fought for his life."

Does anyone really think Zimmerman would have died from this fight? I doubt it. He didn't even elect to go to the hospital. If you are seriously injured you want to go to the hospital because you realize you are seriously injured and need treatment!

Old 07-25-2013, 10:55 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Self-defense injuries like marks on his hands or marks on Trayvon indicating Zimmerman had "fought for his life."

Does anyone really think Zimmerman would have died from this fight? I doubt it. He didn't even elect to go to the hospital. If you are seriously injured you want to go to the hospital because you realize you are seriously injured and need treatment!
You can die by being punched once.

Being punched in the face is more than enough to justify self defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies