Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2016, 09:49 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I still don't think he took the PCP. The effects are almost immediate; 10 minutes from time of ingestion (or smoking it).

If he was really a user of PCP he would have known that and would not have taken it, presumably after leaving the college, knowing he had a drive ahead of him. Makes no sense. After all, he was 40 years old, not a stupid punk teenager.

Again, I hope the family hires an independent lab to analyze his blood.
Most drunks know the effects of alcohol and that they face jail for DUI, yet many of the get plastered, hop in their cars and make it a fair distance.

He MAY have thought he'd smoke just a little PCP, chill and then go home after he came down, but once he was high and not of sound mind, decided to head home.

Two things:
1. Pure conjecture on my part.
2. People shouldn't be shot because they are high.

Old 09-21-2016, 09:50 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbatty View Post
Look at the crocodile tears and outrage in this thread. The cop was a product of his environment, and his environment is racist white America.

In order for this to never happen again Americans will have to look within themselves and address the inappropriate feelings they have about Blacks and expel these feelings.

In Canada nothing like this ever happens.. We love everyone.
lmao

Old 09-21-2016, 09:51 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,780,811 times
The writing is on the wall, folks.

We have a huge issue with racism in this country.

Specifically, we have a problem with racism against black people...and more so, black men. Excessive force and violence exercised by those who are sworn to protect us, and all other American citizens, is the norm. We are perceived as threatening, menacing, and animals that must be controlled and put down.

Argue all you want against this. But this is true.

White women and men will never go through what we go through. They have never, and will never, be treated like animals, like vermon. They are treated with kid gloves by law enforcement and the justice system. History has proven this.

I fear every day for the lives of my black brothers, my black nephews, and for the black sons I will one day give birth to.

I fear for them. For those of you supporting these cops, and any other white cop who has shot and killed an unarmed black man/woman, can you say the same? Can you even begin to understand any of this?

You can argue semantics and specifics of video footage, quotes, etc. Until we as a nation are realize that racism exists and injustices occur towards people who look like me, this will continue to happen.

It breaks my heart to see so many people on here arguing on behalf of the officers. The video footage is there. It has been there for dozens of other blacks who have been killed at the hands of white officers. Yet, the support continues for these racist officers.

This support is not suprising, however. It only reflects the global conscious of those who can never, and will never, care or understand what it means to be black in this country.

Heartbreaking...

Old 09-21-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I'm still trying to understand why there was so many officers and a helicopter for a stalled car. It doesn't make sense.
HE was black.

That was the only (unspoken) reason needed.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Why are the whites in your country still so mean to black people? After all these years you would think they would learn to lay off.
I wish I knew, dear brother.

I wish I knew...

One could very well argue that it is the impending loss of the status quo. But this is purely conjecture on my part.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:02 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
First of all, I believe in this

“Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.” I would even say American police officers are among the best-trained in the world, but to me, (just my opinion and I don't speak for anybody else but me) this seems like such an avoidable death. A human life, regardless of skin color, lost, just like that. Is it really necessary?

I wonder if use-of-force training should also emphasize de-escalation and flexible tactics in a way that minimizes the need to rely on force, particularly lethal force.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:06 AM

2,284 posts, read 1,585,059 times
Ironic unarmed black American man shot & killed. Armed terrorist bomber in NYC/NJ injures 30 and wounds 2 police officers in shootout and gets shot in leg and/or abdomen and lives.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:09 AM

148 posts, read 137,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
First of all, I believe in this

“Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.” I would even say American police officers are among the best-trained in the world, but to me, (just my opinion and I don't speak for anybody else but me) this seems like such an avoidable death. A human life, regardless of skin color, lost, just like that. Is it really necessary?

I wonder if use-of-force training should also emphasize de-escalation and flexible tactics in a way that minimizes the need to rely on force, particularly lethal force.
Google Stephen Mader- a military vet who was using de-escalation tactics to speak with a suicidal man. Two other officers showed up and shot the guy. Officer Mader was fired for putting the other officers lives in jeopardy.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:10 AM

11,792 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:
Look at the crocodile tears and outrage in this thread. The cop was a product of his environment, and his environment is racist white America.

In order for this to never happen again Americans will have to look within themselves and address the inappropriate feelings they have about Blacks and expel these feelings.

In Canada nothing like this ever happens.. We love everyone.
https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...cant-know.html

Wrong - they just don't tell you about it.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:15 AM

10,351 posts, read 8,574,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heterojunction View Post
With 4-5 officers around you'd think at worst they could just rush the dude when his hands were up and throw cuffs on him temporarily. I think even this would be an overreaction, but at least then no one would've died. Seems like they just handled this so poorly.
Actually if they would have rushed him a guy that size is a handful and during the scuffle it's possible he could grab one of the officers guns and then it could really be bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies