Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2019, 11:39 AM

1,514 posts, read 891,811 times

Advertisements

CRISPR, whole genome sequencing and AI to parse out defective genes in diseased individuals that have been sequenced so they can be CRISPR'ed, will be more powerful and more revolutionary then the discovery of antiboitics in the medical field and the discovery of the wheel in general. Mark my words.

CRISPR will cure disease where treating with meds generally will just relieve symptoms. CRISPR is the future and what a glorious future it will be in which human suffering is greatly reduced because of reduction and ultimately elimination of disease.

Old 10-14-2019, 11:39 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,773,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
My husband's doctor advises him to take multiple medications for his hypertension and high blood sugar, but has NEVER counseled him on changing his diet. I take over that role and his numbers change for the better, and then his doctor moves the goalposts and wants numbers lower than the original goals, and starts pushing the multiple meds again. You can't win. He is truly borderline with both conditions now, and still they push the meds. Keep narrowing that definition and you get to keep selling more meds. No-brainer to figure that one out.
True words spoken above. Thanks.

A friend goes to Kaiser and she knows she is overweight and is dealing with hip arthritis and believes if she really took the bull by the horns and took off many lbs, she would be better off and the Kaiser does never talk about her weight,,,just discuss drugs and surgery. She's mentioned this issue to me and how the docs don't NUDGE her.

Old 10-14-2019, 11:41 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
I go with him to every visit.

Surely, no. I know nothing of the kind.

Well, I'm sure it was your choice not to look it up in the database. I would tell you how, but that would look like I thought you were an idiot, and that certainly was not my intention.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-14-2019, 11:43 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,550,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
True words spoken above. Thanks.

A friend goes to Kaiser and she knows she is overweight and is dealing with hip arthritis and believes if she really took the bull by the horns and took off many lbs, she would be better off and the Kaiser does never talk about her weight,,,just discuss drugs and surgery. She's mentioned this issue to me and how the docs don't NUDGE her.

Hope your friend finds the tools to tackle the weight issue. I lost 30 pounds by going vegan and sugar free for a month. Just one month.

Old 10-14-2019, 11:44 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:

OK, I'm surprised the doc has never mentioned diet. Most docs do recommend dietary changes first, especially for mild hypertension.
https://dph.georgia.gov/sites/dph.ge...0Providers.pdf
See p. 12

If you don't understand that the doc writes the prescription, you fill it at a pharmacy and the doc does not get a kickback, you need to learn that.

Old 10-14-2019, 11:45 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
I think a pound a day is extreme unless you are severely obese (it's more common for 400 lb people to lose that type of weight that quickly).
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-14-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I think a pound a day is extreme unless you are severely obese (it's more common for 400 lb people to lose that type of weight that quickly).

Of course you do.

Old 10-14-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
OK, I'm surprised the doc has never mentioned diet. Most docs do recommend dietary changes first, especially for mild hypertension.
https://dph.georgia.gov/sites/dph.ge...0Providers.pdf
See p. 12

If you don't understand that the doc writes the prescription, you fill it at a pharmacy and the doc does not get a kickback, you need to learn that.

Please go back and read my edit on that post, sorry.

Old 10-14-2019, 11:54 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:

I do know, however, that an MD with whom I'm acquainted had her license taken away expressly because she did not prescribe enough medications, and chose to counsel patients instead in the ways they could take charge of their own health, diet being one of those mechanisms.
And you know this how? It's pretty extreme to take away a license.

Old 10-14-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
And you know this how? It's pretty extreme to take away a license.

She's a personal acquaintance of mine. She told me herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies