Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2016, 05:14 PM

10,235 posts, read 6,324,092 times

Advertisements

Jamin, you see they like nice, little packages to lump people into because it is too difficult to wrap their brains around. Young, rich, woo, Dr. Jenny, Internet, but they cannot fathom how 65+ Seniors could be ignoring their propaganda.

Not the Internet, but try decades of our own, families, and friends decades of Life Experiences. Medicine cannot see the forest for the trees, especially when it comes to we Seniors who came of age LONG before the Internet, and formed our opinions over many, many years before it.

Old 10-14-2016, 05:50 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
You don't know how many of anything on cures or no cures.

You can look up peer research. I have faith in what I've been reading and doing for my health. There are plenty of books written about this issue, many MD's and other health practioners writing about this issue, so I am very satisfied with what I've learned over many years. Dr. David Williams woke me up this Iodine issue. He's been writing about it for decades and has been dosing for decades.

Remember me, Suzy, I'm in the alternative/holistic healing world...which truly SHOULD BE the first line of attack on all health issues.
True cancers do not go away all by themselves. It is true that when "alternative" cancer cures do not work the purveyor of the "cure" will say, "You should have come to me sooner."

If someone has had conventional treatment first but declines to continue it, any alternative treatment that follows is credited with success if the cancer does not come back. No points are given for the original treatment at all.

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...ess-ainscough/

Woman's Death Linked to Alternative Cancer Treatment

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...t-cancer-cure/

You can read all the alt med junk you want to. You still have not provided a single bit of evidence that any of the "supps" you promote in multiple threads here on CD do anything useful. Your believing iodine will prevent cancer does not make it true.

Your approach is "I read about it on an alt med site so it must be true."

Old 10-14-2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Again, you have NO idea how many do and how many don't.
Anyone who claims he cured his own cancer with alternative medicine either did not have cancer to begin with or had some conventional treatment before the alternative treatment.

If any alternative medicine cures worked they would be used as part of conventional treatment.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:51 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,764,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Anyone who claims he cured his own cancer with alternative medicine either did not have cancer to begin with or had some conventional treatment before the alternative treatment.

If any alternative medicine cures worked they would be used as part of conventional treatment.
There is NO great money to be made with alternative medicine....

Cancer Industry is big money being made and great profits to the drug shareholders.

As I said I know two people now working on their cancers and so far they are doing good.

The friend I mentioned on the pharma drugs is now in the hospital. Doesn't look good for her.

My son in law lost a 6 month battle and did all the drugs and radiation.

Please!!!!

And then this info and maybe so many needless mammograms.

http://www.webmd.com/breast-cancer/n...t-be-dangerous

Thank goodness I had the good sense to STOP after 2 in my early 50's..my years of subscriptions to Alternative Medicine Magazine helped me so much with my decision.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:56 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:

There is TONS of money being made.

Some of the same makers of your big pharma are making the supplements. They are the same company.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-14-2016, 07:45 PM

Quote:
I do NOT put my trust and FAITH in allopathic doctors. Plain and Simple.

I have PLENTY of personal experiences with pharma drugs. I do not judge what I believe on the internet. I started with alternatives and supplements LONG before I ever owned a home computer. Long before the internet there were great books and publications published on Alternative Medicine. BUT, Dr. Google is the first doctor I go to.

I have a neighbor who is challenged with RA and she talks about the side effects from the drugs she's been on thru the UCLA docs. I'm glad you are so side effect free from your RA drugs.

On a drug topic and side effects, I just heard about one of our bridge friends with BC and on another class of chemo drugs and now she is rushed to hospital with pneumonia. I tried a couple yrs ago to get her on OPC's to strengthen her immune system. Who knows she may have even escaped BC had she gotton on OPC's..That is how strongly I feel about them. But everyone chooses. And there are MANY non believers. And put their trust in allopathic world.
We know. You still have faith in your all-powerful OPCs even after having been told there is a good chance your OPC contains no OPC at all.

Old 10-14-2016, 07:54 PM

Quote:

Cancer Industry is big money being made and great profits to the drug shareholders.

As I said I know two people now working on their cancers and so far they are doing good.

The friend I mentioned on the pharma drugs is now in the hospital. Doesn't look good for her.

Please!!!!

Mammograms Spot Cancers That May Not Be Dangerous

Thank goodness I had the good sense to STOP after 2 in my early 50's..my years of subscriptions to Alternative Medicine Magazine helped me so much with my decision.
Alternative Medicine Is a $34 Billion Industry, But Only One-Third of the Treatments Have Been Tested | Smart News | Smithsonian

"Rep. Henry Waxman, D-Calif., who has long fought for stricter regulation of supplements, says the alternative medicine industry is 'as tough as any industry I’ve seen lobby in Washington. They have a lot of money at stake. They want to maximize their profits and they want as little regulation as possible.'”

"Moreover, USA Today continues, only about one-third of alternative therapies have ever been tested for their safety and efficacy. In other words, the people selling those supplements, powders or teas can’t really say whether the treatments actually improve a patient’s ailments, and they can’t guarantee their products’ safety, either."

34 billion sounds like a nice chunk of change to me.

The problem with "over diagnosis" is that the dangerous breast tumors cannot be separated from the ones that are not.

Given two patients with exactly the same pathology report, there is no way to tell which woman will die and which one will be fine with no treatment.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:14 PM

33,554 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:

Please!!!!

Mammograms Spot Cancers That May Not Be Dangerous

The alternative medicine industry rakes in 63 billion per year world wide....To me that is great money.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:18 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,764,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The alternative medicine people rake in 63 billion per year....To me that is great money.
Well, why shouldn't they. Pharma hasn't been doing too shabby for a LOT of decades. Alternative/holistic medicine is working to keep a lot of our population in improved health and out of doctor's offices. Speaking for me for sure.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 10-14-2016 at 09:39 PM..

Old 10-14-2016, 08:35 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010

You would hope they would but probably not Suzy... As you know they want you to use THIER STUFF,they want the $$$$$$$$$$ .. They wouldnt use an alternative treatment!! (@ least and tell anyone)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies