Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2019, 02:34 PM

18,805 posts, read 8,481,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Who was the astute clinician who identified the source of the problem?

There had to be an indication to do the bronchoscopy.

However, her respiratory distress was not called asthma, was it?

The patient also had an abnormal chest x-ray.

She did have some degree of brochospasm and treated with brochodilators. Among other things.

Old 10-13-2019, 02:35 PM

18,805 posts, read 8,481,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
This.

How is that even humanly possible? I'm serious.
Intubation itself or aspiration during surgery can cause or aggravate asthma.

Aspiration and/or aspiration of a foreign body can occur with an auto accident. Or cause lung trauma aggravating asthma and/or other forms of respiratory distress.

Old 10-13-2019, 02:42 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,773,199 times
Thinking over the years I could come up with a couple really good doctors who GOT to some long lasting issues, one that comes to mind is a D.O. I had been seeing for my back for decades, he's the one who finally ordered me thyroid med with NO LABS and in 4 days the 10 yrs of depression lifted. Prior to the D.O. at least 5 docs/endos took labs and said I was fine and kept saying "here take this A/D and give it a chance"...the A/D's were not the answer. It was a sluggish thyroid that caused 10 yrs of clinical depression and no labs were the answer. The D.O. knew how to treat people with symptoms.

Then there were the Integrative MD's I started seeing who did tests that allopathic never did, like DHEA, I would have never known about the depletion of this hormone in our bodies.

So I've had some good doctors.

And for my friend's asthma onset from the auto accident trauma, this is her reason and I didn't give her the third degree.

Old 10-13-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
Either
Do youagain

Sternum injuries do not cause asthma..
This is my friend's story and I only relate it here. I didn't question her with a third degree.

Old 10-13-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The next time you or any member of ypur fsamily is sick, have alife threatening accident, diagnosed with cancer, etc. do NOT go to a doctor or take ANY of their pills.

Me thinks you would be hypocrite and BEG for their help!
Oh I know many lives have been saved by doctors and surgeons BUT for me and many others working on their health, the goal is to not get to where our lives have to be saved, unless accidents and/or emergency health issues. The allopathics fail in discussing prevention with their patients. This is from my long life on this planet.

Old 10-13-2019, 02:59 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Who was the astute clinician who identified the source of the problem?

There had to be an indication to do the bronchoscopy.

However, her respiratory distress was not called asthma, was it?

Treatment of diabetic ketoacidosis provides no immediate and necessary, very clear purpose?

Treatment of pneumonia provides no immediate and necessary, very clear purpose?

Treatment of hypertension provides no immediate and necessary, very clear purpose?

Treatment of heart failure provides no immediate and necessary, very clear purpose?

Treatment of kidney failure provides no immediate and necessary, very clear purpose?

Treatment of various cancers provides no immediate and necessary, very clear purpose?
To be resolved, stabilized and IS NOT A CHRONIC MEDICAL PROBLEM. As a "non doctor poster" you should understand what TRAUMA CARE IS. Do you KNOW what trauma care is???

No. I don't think so. Non dr suzy strikes again. Every time I post she has to quote me and argue with me. Every. Single. Time.

Old 10-13-2019, 03:01 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Thinking over the years I could come up with a couple really good doctors who GOT to some long lasting issues, one that comes to mind is a D.O. I had been seeing for my back for decades, he's the one who finally ordered me thyroid med with NO LABS and in 4 days the 10 yrs of depression lifted. Prior to the D.O. at least 5 docs/endos took labs and said I was fine and kept saying "here take this A/D and give it a chance"...the A/D's were not the answer. It was a sluggish thyroid that caused 10 yrs of clinical depression and no labs were the answer. The D.O. knew how to treat people with symptoms.

Then there were the Integrative MD's I started seeing who did tests that allopathic never did, like DHEA, I would have never known about the depletion of this hormone in our bodies.

So I've had some good doctors.

And for my friend's asthma onset from the auto accident trauma, this is her reason and I didn't give her the third degree.
I absolutely loved my old doctor. He was fantastic. But he bailed from private practice once he saw ACA coming down the pike. He was just a really smart, really good guy, and he saw what it would to MDs who actually wanted to help people. He got out, unfortunately for all his patients.

Last edited by newtovenice; 10-13-2019 at 03:21 PM..

Old 10-13-2019, 03:02 PM

37,120 posts, read 41,299,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
To be resolved, stabilized and IS NOT A CHRONIC MEDICAL PROBLEM. As a "non doctor poster" you should understand what TRAUMA CARE IS. Do you KNOW what trauma care is???

No. I don't think so. Non dr suzy strikes again. Every time I post she has to quote me and argue with me. Every. Single. Time.
Hypertension, diabetes, and renal failure are all chronic medical problems. Do you think their treatment provides "no immediate and necessary, very clear purpose"?

The people who have those conditions would beg to differ with you.

Old 10-13-2019, 03:06 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Oh I know many lives have been saved by doctors and surgeons BUT for me and many others working on their health, the goal is to not get to where our lives have to be saved, unless accidents and/or emergency health issues. The allopathics fail in discussing prevention with their patients. This is from my long life on this planet.
When my husband was first diagnosed with leukemia about a year ago, one of his doctors told him he'd have been dead within a month if he hadn't started treatment. Would you care to opine on what he did wrong to get leukemia?

Old 10-13-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
When my husband was first diagnosed with leukemia about a year ago, one of his doctors told him he'd have been dead within a month if he hadn't started treatment. Would you care to opine on what he did wrong to get leukemia?
I have no idea on your husband's leukemia, my father supposedly had it when he was leaving this earth. Cancers hits millions, why does it hit babies. I don't know and don't know if anyone has the concrete answers.

For my own hopefully cancer prevention I take what COULD keep cancers from my body and my belief system is what I have and the powerful antioxidants that COULD. It's all unfolding in our lives.

I lost 2 friends and a son in law in the last few yrs of cancers and with my son in law he picked up his first cig at 10 and didn't put it down until 40's...The women who died, neither smoked but who knows WHY. The B/C/D therapies did not save them.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 10-13-2019 at 03:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies