Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2016, 09:22 PM

5,662 posts, read 5,091,130 times

Advertisements

I take it that you were born physically male. I'll assume that was clear to the attending doctor and he/she had no reason to mistake your genitals for that of a female. That's our agreed-upon starting point, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
3. Corrective surgery isn't "slicing and dicing" no matter how badly you want it to be. It just isn't.
It's not corrective. It's at best cosmetic and at worst mutilation. Cutting off your penis and testicles does not cure the problem in your brain. You do not and never will have ovaries, a menstrual cycle, functional breasts, nor a body which produces female hormones. Gluing feathers on a pig does not make it a chicken.

If a person suffers from a brain-based affliction such as Alzheimer's, the cry never goes up "Quick, cut off his dick!" as a means to address the real problem.

Quote:
4. a) I ain't no dude b) I have only worn a dress three times, to church. Not really my thing, but sometimes people just like to dress nice. I do wear makeup, but not much.
If you were born male, you do indeed remain a dude. A mutilated dude occasionally in a dress, perhaps, but a dude nonetheless. What's that they say about putting lipstick on a pig...? (In this case the comparison is quite literal.) You're not fooling anyone as I'm sure you're aware of by the stares and laughter.

Quote:
5 I don't demand anything other than the respect I freely give to others (there have been a few exceptions, but I'm human, and I lose it just like everyone else does). I don't need you to accept this, I need you to respect me enough to realize that the only person on Earth who knows what's best for me is me.
To be respected, one must be respectable. No, you don't need mine and I am just as free to not give it to something like you.

Quote:
6. I'm not insane, quite the opposite actually which has been determined by the medical team (three doctors and a therapist) taking care of me.
Hmmm... ever watch Big Bang where Sheldon says "My mother had me tested"? You are in need of serious help, perhaps heavy medication, and a big dose of reality. You are a MAN and forever will remain one. Doctors sometimes seek fame and profit from doing what no one else can or will. Because something can be done does not mean it should be. It doesn't make it right to indulge your delusion by mutilating your body and calling what results a woman - it simply is not and cannot ever be. Your brain is where the problem lies, and that's what should be targeted for a solution. Your doctors are no doubt making a lot of money by the disservice they do you.

I'm not attempting to be mean or hurtful in what I post here, I'm being honest and dealing in reality. Get real help, dude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 09:47 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,999,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Do you really think I haven't looked into this?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18194003

Since my word isn't good enough, from someone who does claim to be transgendered.
Here
None of that says or means that young children cannot be transgender. It only suggests that it is rare - which we already knew.

I don't doubt that most young children who show interest in being the other gender outgrow it. But I cannot definitively say that transgenderism cannot occur in young children - I don't think anyone can for sure at this point. They would be the exception, not the rule.

Last edited by JerseyGirl415; 12-30-2016 at 09:58 PM..

Old 12-30-2016, 09:52 PM

Quote:
1. I'm not a creature, I'm a human being the same as you are.

2. Therapy is the first step in the process, to weed out the mentally unsound, so I am getting psychological assistance, as is every other trans person. But thanks for the suggestion...I guess?

3. Corrective surgery isn't "slicing and dicing" no matter how badly you want it to be. It just isn't.

4. a) I ain't no dude b) I have only worn a dress three times, to church. Not really my thing, but sometimes people just like to dress nice. I do wear makeup, but not much.

5 I don't demand anything other than the respect I freely give to others (there have been a few exceptions, but I'm human, and I lose it just like everyone else does). I don't need you to accept this, I need you to respect me enough to realize that the only person on Earth who knows what's best for me is me.

6. I'm not insane, quite the opposite actually which has been determined by the medical team (three doctors and a therapist) taking care of me.
Thanks for speaking up on this thread! Unfortunately your personal experiences won't go very far with certain stubborn people who think they know better and more than you - someone who is transgender and has been evaluated.

Despite being determined NOT insane by 4 professionals... people will still insist you're mentally ill and "need treatment" for your "delusions." The internet is a sad and frustrating place. I'd love to see these big shots say this stuff to your face.

Old 12-30-2016, 09:53 PM

1,976 posts, read 1,942,585 times
y'all do a google search on sex change regret

Old 12-30-2016, 09:57 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I take it that you were born physically male. I'll assume that was clear to the attending doctor and he/she had no reason to mistake your genitals for that of a female. That's our agreed-upon starting point, right?

It's not corrective. It's at best cosmetic and at worst mutilation. Cutting off your penis and testicles does not cure the problem in your brain. You do not and never will have ovaries, a menstrual cycle, functional breasts, nor a body which produces female hormones. Gluing feathers on a pig does not make it a chicken.

If a person suffers from a brain-based affliction such as Alzheimer's, the cry never goes up "Quick, cut off his dick!" as a means to address the real problem.

If you were born male, you do indeed remain a dude. A mutilated dude occasionally in a dress, perhaps, but a dude nonetheless. What's that they say about putting lipstick on a pig...? (In this case the comparison is quite literal.) You're not fooling anyone as I'm sure you're aware of by the stares and laughter.

To be respected, one must be respectable. No, you don't need mine and I am just as free to not give it to something like you.

Hmmm... ever watch Big Bang where Sheldon says "My mother had me tested"? You are in need of serious help, perhaps heavy medication, and a big dose of reality. You are a MAN and forever will remain one. Doctors sometimes seek fame and profit from doing what no one else can or will. Because something can be done does not mean it should be. It doesn't make it right to indulge your delusion by mutilating your body and calling what results a woman - it simply is not and cannot ever be. Your brain is where the problem lies, and that's what should be targeted for a solution. Your doctors are no doubt making a lot of money by the disservice they do you.

I'm not attempting to be mean or hurtful in what I post here, I'm being honest and dealing in reality. Get real help, dude.
Although you say you're not trying to be mean, and maybe you mean it, but you are throwing out a few hurtful insults. Please just try to be a bit more civil to my friend. Geekigurl is always very respectful to everyone on this site while taking a lot of crap from people while only trying to live a peaceful life. Just please dial it back a little if you don't mind.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Although you say you're not trying to be mean, and maybe you mean it, but you are throwing out a few hurtful insults. Please just try to be a bit more civil to my friend. Geekigurl is always very respectful to everyone on this site while taking a lot of crap from people while only trying to live a peaceful life. Just please dial it back a little if you don't mind.
That poster clearly doesn't even see geekigurl as a person - "something like you." SomeTHING

This is now beyond any previous inflammatory and rude postings by people who lack even a basic understanding, or even a care to understand. Absolutely despicable now.

Again - can't wait until people with these attitudes die off.

Old 12-31-2016, 12:08 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

Thank you Pedro. <3

Old 12-31-2016, 12:15 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Thanks for speaking up on this thread! Unfortunately your personal experiences won't go very far with certain stubborn people who think they know better and more than you - someone who is transgender and has been evaluated.

Despite being determined NOT insane by 4 professionals... people will still insist you're mentally ill and "need treatment" for your "delusions." The internet is a sad and frustrating place. I'd love to see these big shots say this stuff to your face.

You're welcome JerseyGirl! Thank you for being supportive! I've had to grow a pretty thick skin just as a matter of survival, some of the comments were hurtful, which is why I chose not to respond. There are some people who can't be reasoned with, no matter how many facts are presented, or what's said. Sometimes it's best to move on.

Old 12-31-2016, 12:15 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,089,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
It is like freak show logic is in charge of modern thinking.

It is called The Boy Scouts.

Boys have boy equipment.

Girls have girl equipment.

What equipment does the transgender have? If it is not boy then SHE does not belong in the Boy Scouts.

We have to get back to logical thought process.
Bingo

Guess we need

Confused scouts.... What screwed up parents

Old 12-31-2016, 07:38 AM

5,662 posts, read 5,091,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I'd love to see these big shots say this stuff to your face.
I've said what I see as factual, straightforward and as f2f as possible here in the ether. Sugarcoating be damned and no 'big shot' attitude involved. You want to pay for travel for both of us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies