Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2016, 10:53 AM

13,305 posts, read 7,875,111 times

Advertisements

Penis envy, in the late 60s, was obviously shown to be a female's desirement, for the powermint of it.

Now, they're getting it.

They don't just want the empowerment, they want the empirement of it.

Liberals always want to be empired.

Screw 'em, I say.

Just screw 'em!

I'll try to figger out vagina envy some other time.

They probably want to be automatic with no stick shift.

It's probably just another progressive of the liberals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nll2r0h8rRE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 11:06 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Where is the evidence that allowing a child to behave as transgender who ultimately prefers his conforming gender going to cause "irreparable harm"?

No one is advocating surgery in someone until he or she is old enough to consent for himself or herself.
As I gave earlier:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
What research do you have to back this up? Where is your proof that children that young cannot be transgender? Sounds like an opinion to me. Saying that it children that young cannot be transgender implies that it is a decision or something else made or determined later in life - which would support the mental illness theory rather than a biological one, interesting...

Why should "everyone else" be able to NOT allow someone else's child to experience life how they wish? How is it everyone else's business? Since when does everyone else determine what an individual does? Do you want me to control YOUR life??
Do you really think I haven't looked into this?

Quote:
On the subject of treating children, however, as the World Professional Association for Transgender Health notes in their latest Standards of Care, gender dysphoria in childhood does not inevitably continue into adulthood, and only 6 to 23 percent of boys and 12 to 27 percent of girls treated in gender clinics showed persistence of their gender dysphoria into adulthood.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25231780
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18194003
Quote:
Gender variance in childhood is normal. Risks of a GI-Childhood diagnosis include: Stigmatizing children with a diagnostic label when there is no disorder45; diagnosis can become iatrogenic, instilling a sense in the child that “there is something wrong with me”; and a poor predictive value – 80% of children diagnosed with GID do not continue to have GID of adolescence or adulthood.
Report: Critique and Alternative Proposal to the “Gender Incongruence of Childhood” Category in ICD-11, GATE Civil Society Expert Working Group (www.transactivists.org, Buenos Aires, April 4-6, 2013
Since my word isn't good enough, from someone who does claim to be transgendered.
Here

Old 12-31-2016, 11:29 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Quote:
Where is the evidence that allowing a child to behave as transgender who ultimately prefers his conforming gender going to cause "irreparable harm"?

No one is advocating surgery in someone until he or she is old enough to consent for himself or herself.
Behavior can impact brain development and plasticity, so it's possible that appeasing these thoughts at a young age could impact the brain and make the brain of a boy act more like the brain of a girl. Wait for natural hormones to work and the brain to develop and if the person still wants to change sex after that then see a doctor for a sex change.

Old 12-31-2016, 11:59 AM

37,115 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
As I gave earlier:
Your quotes do not support what you are saying. The ICD 11 issue is part of the continuing effort to remove nonconforming gender as a mental disorder. It in no way denies that children can be transgendered and it does not say that allowing children who believe they are transgendered to express that belief will harm them if they change their orientation when they are older.

From your link:

"Good news for trans adolescents and adults should not make anyone forget that in the context of the same process of ICD revision and reform, WHO is proposing the category of Gender Incongruence of Childhood (GIC) for pre-pubertal children. Trans activists, organizations and networks, health researchers and providers, as well as human rights institutions, firmly oppose the introduction of GIC in ICD-11.5-12 As previously affirmed, that category is not only unnecessary, but also dangerous: it perpetuates the pathologization of gender identity, gender expression and bodily diversity in childhood and justifies so-called reparative therapies. Gender diverse children – and all children exploring their identities, expressions and sexualities – and their families can be adequately supported without the need of pathologizing categories."

Also, neither of your quotes says that letting a child who thinks he is transgendered express his perceived gender is harmful if the perceived gender changes. What is harmful is the attitude that a child who thinks he is transgender is abnormal and labeling him or her as such.

Old 12-31-2016, 12:03 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,929,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
What crap. Rules are made for order, structure, safety and consistency. You don't break them. Sometimes you make an exception for a very good reason. Parents thinking their girl is a boy is not a good reason.
The full quote is from General Douglas McArthur:

Quote:
Rules are mostly made to be broken and are too often for the lazy to hide behind.
In this case, the boy scouts are hiding behind an outdated rule when allowing the child to join does no one any harm.

Old 12-31-2016, 12:42 PM

5,663 posts, read 5,091,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
In this case, the boy scouts are hiding behind an outdated rule when allowing the child to join does no one any harm.
The troop is sticking to, not hiding behind a rule. And the perception of harm is not for you to decide, it is in the judgement of the parents who have boys in that troop. They have taken their stance. Personally I see great harm in teaching these boys by example that a girl may become a boy "just because she feels like it", should be treated as a real boy, and normalizing such a concept in their young and impressionable minds. Girls do not belong in Boy Scouts, just as boys do not belong in Girl Scouts.

But the goals of Liberal Social Engineering™ should be paramount, right? Reality be damned!

Old 12-31-2016, 12:42 PM

13,305 posts, read 7,875,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
The full quote is from General Douglas McArthur:

Once the children learned that words have no meaning, they quit learning to spell.

Old 12-31-2016, 12:47 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Transgender Boy Kicked Out Of Boy Scouts; People Mad Again
Who is mad about it?

Old 12-31-2016, 12:58 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Default Transgender Boy Kicked Out Of Boy Scouts; People Mad Again

It's sure a crazy world, nobody wants to be who they really are. It's getting to be a giant freak show ran by the liberals. Things are going to change. Invest in crayons.

Old 12-31-2016, 01:18 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:

It's not just surgery that is the issue. The percentage of children is "outgrow" it are significant. Longitudinal studies need to be done before we totally alter society. I do not think that is an unreasonable stance.

https://www.acpeds.org/the-college-s...ia-in-children
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies