Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2016, 06:06 PM

243 posts, read 221,020 times

Advertisements

Why can't the girl , "feel" like a boy , and still goto girl scouts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 06:09 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,400,743 times
A girl does not belong in Boy Scouts, a male organization.

I have no respect for this child's parents for playing a part in making this incident a national story that will follow their child forever on the web.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 12-30-2016 at 06:23 PM..

Old 12-30-2016, 06:14 PM

289 posts, read 145,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
You are wrong about gender coming down to having a Y chromosome.

Try keeping up with the science.

Think gender comes down to X and Y chromosomes? Think again - The Globe and Mail
This is the exception, not the rule. Seriously?

Old 12-30-2016, 06:22 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
You are wrong about gender coming down to having a Y chromosome.

Try keeping up with the science.

Think gender comes down to X and Y chromosomes? Think again - The Globe and Mail
I already addressed rare diseases and chromosomal abnormalities in my prior posts.

Old 12-30-2016, 06:54 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notinpa View Post
Because then the parents don't get to be on TV.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:00 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
Congrats Commies, the once great Boy-Scouts is a festering-shell of its former self.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:22 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
If the problem is in their head, why is the approach to mutilate the body? Get these creatures the psychological assistance they need, not slice and dice them, put dudes in a dress, and demand the rest of us go along with the insanity. If the help doesn't work, then institutionalize them away from normal people.

As to the story, it is certainly not a boy and has no business in Scouting.
1. I'm not a creature, I'm a human being the same as you are.

2. Therapy is the first step in the process, to weed out the mentally unsound, so I am getting psychological assistance, as is every other trans person. But thanks for the suggestion...I guess?

3. Corrective surgery isn't "slicing and dicing" no matter how badly you want it to be. It just isn't.

4. a) I ain't no dude b) I have only worn a dress three times, to church. Not really my thing, but sometimes people just like to dress nice. I do wear makeup, but not much.

5 I don't demand anything other than the respect I freely give to others (there have been a few exceptions, but I'm human, and I lose it just like everyone else does). I don't need you to accept this, I need you to respect me enough to realize that the only person on Earth who knows what's best for me is me.

6. I'm not insane, quite the opposite actually which has been determined by the medical team (three doctors and a therapist) taking care of me.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:47 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
2. Therapy is the first step in the process, to weed out the mentally unsound, so I am getting psychological assistance, as is every other trans person. But thanks for the suggestion...I guess?
Just curious... as you believe that you are mentally sound, what sort of psychological assistance to you require? What treatment do you receive?

Old 12-30-2016, 07:50 PM

184 posts, read 144,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
1. I'm not a creature, I'm a human being the same as you are.

3. Corrective surgery isn't "slicing and dicing" no matter how badly you want it to be. It just isn't.

4. a) I ain't no dude b) I have only worn a dress three times, to church. Not really my thing, but sometimes people just like to dress nice. I do wear makeup, but not much.

5 I don't demand anything other than the respect I freely give to others (there have been a few exceptions, but I'm human, and I lose it just like everyone else does). I don't need you to accept this, I need you to respect me enough to realize that the only person on Earth who knows what's best for me is me.

6. I'm not insane, quite the opposite actually which has been determined by the medical team (three doctors and a therapist) taking care of me.
Thank you for sharing!

Old 12-30-2016, 08:57 PM

6,232 posts, read 3,612,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notinpa View Post
Exactly. Girl Scouts camp too. Why not join 4H Club, which focuses on leadership and youth development but is not gender specific?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies