Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 04:43 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He is the first US president who made political correctness a priority at a time when everything around us is falling apart. Actually, he is the 1st to make PC a priority at all.
I thought Trump was all about not being politically correct?

Has that changed?

Old 09-25-2017, 04:44 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I thought Trump was all about not being politically correct?

Has that changed?
Is there anything he has not flip-flopped on yet?

Old 09-25-2017, 04:45 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,277,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump called a black athlete a "son of a *****," and recommended he be fired.

He was pandering to his base and, obviously, it's working.
That's not what he said - it's the myth of what he said.

"Wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, 'Get that son of a ***** off the field right now. Out. He's fired. He's fired!"

That may seem just as bad to you and it certainly shocked me when he said it - but the fact is that he was doing a very long (1 hour, 20 minute) Rally/Conversation (which I'm sure leftists never watch) and late in the Rally he asked this question. The crowd roared YES.
The crowd roared YES not because some of the athletes are black, white athletes have done the same thing - the crowd roared YES because it's an INSULT to our Flag, our Anthem and even our System of Government and way of life. Keep in mind that this stuff started happening over a year before Donald Trump was even elected and it's why NFL & ESPN ratings have dropped so much. Somebody finally said what we thought.

President Trump put his finger on exactly what the people at that Rally have always thought about these kneelers and fisters - the are showing Dis-Respect to the American Flag, National Anthem and mocking those of us who ALWAYS stand and face the Flag when the Anthem is played. We sing with it also and we don't like being called 'racists' when we do that.

I personally notice when others don't sing along, but I don't think any less of them. Patriotism means more to some than others, but standing is a sign of respect. It's EXACTLY why those 2 American Teams stood in RESPECT when they played "God Save the Queen" in London and they KNEW what it meant to stand.

They also KNEW what it meant to Dis-Respect the American Flag on Foreign soil in front of a Foreign Audience.
It's absolutely Unforgivable to do that .... and they KNEW that. A middle finger to YOU America and to YOU Mr Trump. So be it - Life is about choices ...... and Consequences.

Old 09-25-2017, 04:51 PM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times
When did the NFL become such a bunch of spoiled crybabies( players) and fussy old ladies( team owners and coaches) ? They can all go F themselves, and that goes for all sports teams and players that want to indulge in this kind of loser mentality. They get handed the American dream and suddenly its not good enough and they have to ***** and moan about imagined injustices that have no basis in reality. Waaahhhh ... we get tons of money playing a game and we get boo boos and it has to be safer. Waaahhh... I got drunk and hit my wife and its all racisms fault. Waahhhh... these big goons we need on our teams won't play unless we change their diapers and wipe their runny noses.
Money... its where we can make all of these cretins feel pain. Politicians, entertainers, business moguls, the media, all of them will squeal like stuck pigs if we suddenly decided to stop giving them our money.

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

"Wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, 'Get that son of a ***** off the field right now. Out. He's fired. He's fired!"

That may seem just as bad to you and it certainly shocked me when he said it - but the fact is that he was doing a very long (1 hour, 20 minute) Rally/Conversation (which I'm sure leftists never watch) and late in the Rally he asked this question. The crowd roared YES.
The crowd roared YES not because some of the athletes are black, white athletes have done the same thing - the crowd roared YES because it's an INSULT to our Flag, our Anthem and even our System of Government and way of life. Keep in mind that this stuff started happening over a year before Donald Trump was even elected and it's why NFL & ESPN ratings have dropped so much. Somebody finally said what we thought.

President Trump put his finger on exactly what the people at that Rally have always thought about these kneelers and fisters - the are showing Dis-Respect to the American Flag, National Anthem and mocking those of us who ALWAYS stand and face the Flag when the Anthem is played. We sing with it also and we don't like being called 'racists' when we do that.

I personally notice when others don't sing along, but I don't think any less of them. Patriotism means more to some than others, but standing is a sign of respect. It's EXACTLY why those 2 American Teams stood in RESPECT when they played "God Save the Queen" in London and they KNEW what it meant to stand.

They also KNEW what it meant to Dis-Respect the American Flag on Foreign soil in front of a Foreign Audience.
It's absolutely Unforgivable to do that .... and they KNEW that. A middle finger to YOU America and to YOU Mr Trump. So be it - Life is about choices ...... and Consequences.
WELL SAID!!

1,700 posts, read 1,046,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudduck View Post
LOL edit your first post you noob! lol

Trump needs to get together with NFL players, coaches and owners and just talk. Maybe they can come up with a solution. This is a big deal, everyone is talking about it, even people who aren't into politics.

Old 09-25-2017, 04:54 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,078,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

Excellent post.

President Trump has a larger agenda here, and by addressing this he has redirected the conversation in America.

From his inaugural address:

“At the bedrock of our politics will be a total allegiance to the United States of America, and through our loyalty to our country, we will rediscover our loyalty to each other.

When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice.

The Bible tells us ‘how good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity.’

While America is united, America is totally unstoppable.”

(Snip)

“A new national pride will stir our souls, lift our sights, and heal our divisions.

It is time to remember that old wisdom our soldiers will never forget: that whether we are black or brown or white, we all bleed the same red blood of patriots, we all enjoy the same glorious freedoms, and we all salute the same great American flag.”
(President Trump, January 20, 2017)

Old 09-25-2017, 04:55 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
LOL edit your first post you noob! lol

Trump needs to get together with NFL players, coaches and owners and just talk. Maybe they can come up with a solution. This is a big deal, everyone is talking about it, even people who aren't into politics.
why should trump talk to them? if he does it would be seen by some as the president pushing his view onto private citizens, and he would be excoriated for that.

no what these players and coach should do is come to the realization that what they are doing is wrong, and isnt working like they intended and that they need a new approach, and talk to the fans, or invite the president come to them and help them find a new way to get their message out.

Old 09-25-2017, 04:55 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,022,474 times
Default Savage: national felons league spits on America...

https://michaelsavage.com/2017/09/25...-not-the-fans/

...national felons league, I like that.

Old 09-25-2017, 04:57 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,234,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Who are you to tell an employee of another company when and where they can protest? If their employer doesn't have a problem they are more than welcome to do so on company time
Right. According to some here, I guess there should never ever be anymore employee strikes for us regular folks. Strikes are a form of protesting right? And its done on company time where customers have to walk through large crowds of people yelling while holding signs. And guess what? They don't get fired. But taking a peaceful knee is a fireable offence? These people are so disingenuous all you can do is laugh at them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies