Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2018, 11:25 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Another thread where the real bullies claim to be the victims. Turn off the Fox News are look at the issue objectively. In many parts of the country it's still very difficult to be openly gay and doing so carries with it a huge risk and social stigma. I live in one of them. Christian parents still throw their children to the streets for coming out of the closet.

I fear a time is coming where the LGBT community will be forced back into the closet or into conversion therapy by law with the alternative being the death penalty. That is the ultimate goal of religious conservatives.

I think the society depicted in A Handmaid's Tale is closer than many want to admit.
The new mantra of the Left: "It's Fox's fault."

I look at the issue from the most objective source I can find. It's called, "The Bible." God made two sexes: male and female.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2018, 12:33 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
So what if people think she's illegal? If they even do? She lives in CA, it's a plenty Hispanic state, especially in her area, illegal or not. It's not like she lives in some anti-progressive, conservative area.
You're joking, right?

People don't always treat people they perceive to be illegal aliens very kindly. Especially in Trump's America.

Maybe that's why she's uneasy. My own child is half Chinese and when we go to places that look like they're full of Trump voting types (blue collar, lots of pickup trucks, mostly white, older) who would support his racist views, she becomes uneasy.

You cannot tell a person how they're supposed to feel.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Is there some reason why we are supposed to be "comfortable" with sin and perversion?
Is there some reason any of the rest of us are supposed to care what you think is "sin and perversion?"

See how that works?

Old 01-26-2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:

I look at the issue from the most objective source I can find. It's called, "The Bible." God made two sexes: male and female.
The most objective source is biology, not your own, personal avenue for spiritual guidance.

Not everyone's Christian. Why do you think the laws here should be? Sounds like a theocracy to me.

Kind of like most of the Middle East.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:37 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:

I know I know. God hates f*gs and f*gs are worthy of death.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:39 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
That is unkind and untrue, and I would be willing to bet that you have absolutely nothing to prove it.
It’s the opinion of a PHD in Psychology at Johns Hopkins as well.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:42 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,632,022 times
Quote:
Is there some reason why we are supposed to be "comfortable" with sin and perversion?
Not comfortable with sin and perversion? Why do you support this clown in office? He is the ultimate sinner and a real pervert who loves to grope women’s privates. Hypocrites on the right....

Old 01-26-2018, 01:09 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
It’s not “kind” to enable mentally ill people into thinking their desire to be the opposite sex is normal. The “kind” thing to do is to tell them the truth and get them the mental help that they need.

Last edited by PullMyFinger; 01-26-2018 at 01:57 PM..

Old 01-26-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It’s the opinion of a PHD in Psychology at Johns Hopkins as well.
You know that's been disproven as any sort of valid position, right?

Old 01-26-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It’s not “kind” to enable mentally ill people into thinking their desire to be the opposite sex is normal. The “kind” thing to do is to tell them the truth and get them the mental that they need.
It's also not kind to be so judgmental.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies