Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2019, 11:11 AM

8,896 posts, read 5,375,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I never said anything about “permanent residency”! I do think that if Trump hadn’t given the rich huge tax breaks, some of that money could have been used to treat these dying kids, and hopefully cure their disease and send them to their native countries.

In the first case Madcow profiled the disease has no cure. Does this mean we are saddled with him and his family indefinitely?

Old 08-30-2019, 11:14 AM

4,488 posts, read 1,644,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
There are hospitals in their own Countries. Google it!
You do realize that most of the hospitals in the countries where these kids are from don’t have the resources, training, or equipment to treat diseases that are so rare that it can only be performed in the best hospitals in the world with doctors that specialize in this, don’t you?

Google It!

Old 08-30-2019, 11:21 AM

1,768 posts, read 568,288 times
What if these families are paying for their medical treatment here? What if they were invited here by an American hospital to participate in a clincal trial or research? What if they're from Ireland? Or should any gol' dern furriner die if they dare set foot on our sacred 'Murican soil?

Old 08-30-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
You do realize that most of the hospitals in the countries where these kids are from don’t have the resources, training, or equipment to treat diseases that are so rare that it can only be performed in the best hospitals in the world with doctors that specialize in this, don’t you?

Google It!
That can not be. A whole bunch of countries rate higher than us in the quality of medical care, according to the WHO.

Old 08-30-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
What if they were invited here by an American hospital to participate in a clincal trial or research?
In the third case the mother is from Brazil, and is here illegally. So I tend to doubt she was invited.

Old 08-30-2019, 11:35 AM

1,768 posts, read 568,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
In the third case the mother is from Brazil, and is here illegally. So I tend to doubt she was invited.
I didn't say anyone in particular was. I posed a hypothetical question. Are there any circumstances under which non-American children should be allowed to seek health care in the United States.

Old 08-30-2019, 12:10 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
The notion being that the undocumented are eligible for and get everything for free, is just not the case:

https://www.upworthy.com/illegal-imm...s-and-benefits

https://www.politifact.com/facebook-...medicare-free/

I do agree however that there are plenty enough citizens already struggling and in need of care who should be considered the priority.
Illegal aliens aren't eligible for freebies. However, once they birth an anchor baby, said child is eligible for all sorts of welfare programs---even Section 8. IOW, the whole family benefits.

Old 08-30-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Illegal aliens aren't eligible for freebies. However, once they birth an anchor baby, said child is eligible for all sorts of welfare programs---even Section 8. IOW, the whole family benefits.
Technically speaking illegals aren't eligible. In practice, however, it is a different matter. Remember Auntie Z?

Old 08-30-2019, 12:15 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I think enough to know that Jesus himself wouldn't care if a sick child is white, brown or black. Sending these kids back will be a death sentence & boy is he gonna be pissed.
I think enough to realize that whatever this president promises his rabid fan base, they will believe.
Jesus also told his followers to obey the laws of the land and to render unto Caesar that which is his.

We have many Americans young and old who can't get proper health care with many of them dying. Charity starts at home. That means we take care of our own first and foremost. If there is anything left over after doing that, then help others. For example, would you put a total stranger's needs ahead of the needs of your own family?

Old 08-30-2019, 12:17 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
Apparently the Repulsive Right knows things that no one else does, because the knee jerk (emphasis on jerk) was the "don't spend my money on it" when this isn't about paying medical bills, it's about immigration status. And yes, the so-called Religious Right thinks Jesus was all about letting the sick children die. Trump and his supporters are worse than deplorable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies