Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2020, 08:07 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Unbelievable...you've reached a new low.

I think some of you are totally excited that this happened! I'm sure if Obama was President during this time, with far worse numbers, you would be praising him.

This is a time we should be helping each other, and all some of you do is type this crap all day long. Take a good look at yourselves instead of blaming everything on Trump.

This would have happened regardless...
You think I'm happy that I've lost my job in healthcare, of all things? My wife has gotten her healthcare hours cut. We have no idea how we are going to pay our bills because healthcare workers can't work remotely. She has no mask. She's at risk for the disease every day. I'm not sure if you are a Trump supporter, but Trump supporters can only deflect because they can't list his wins. There aren't any. And as I said, his response to the pandemic has been atrocious. No, he didn't cause the disease. But his lies have cost lives and killed Americans. With all the threads still posted cheering Trump, it's only fair, actually more than fair, that I post something that's truthful, rather than another glowing thread by another Trump groupie.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:09 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Still peddling lies
This board only makes me more cynical and brings out the worst. Its like stink rubs off on a person. I dont know why I try.
Then list Trump's wins because you didn't try at all.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:10 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,112,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
So many are parishing because, in case you haven't heard, this is a very contagious and virulent virus.
In a simplistic sense this is hardly any explanation. Please.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:11 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Unbelievable...you've reached a new low.

I think some of you are totally excited that this happened! I'm sure if Obama was President during this time, with far worse numbers, you would be praising him.

This is a time we should be helping each other, and all some of you do is type this crap all day long. Take a good look at yourselves instead of blaming everything on Trump.

I don't see how anyone could have prevented this!
1) excited? Remember, it's the GOP who wants to let our elders die.

2) sorry, no one would be praising Obama if he spouted the nonsense that Trump does....or at least very few, and they would be trolls. Reality is real. No one can say the US did a good job on Katrina.

3) The US numbers are telling a sad story. A story which says we don't believe in science, in public health, in action.

This IS sad. It really is. No sane person wants others to suffer and die. I mean, we might want Child Abusers to suffer....but the list is very short of "people we want to suffer or die".

Many older people are agreeing with State TV and Radio and Trump that they should sacrifice themselves. Perhaps they can arrange flights to Switzerland (legal ending) one-way and show us how it is done...because if they stay here they will take up precious resources.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:11 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,275,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
You think I'm happy that I've lost my job in healthcare, of all things? My wife has gotten her healthcare hours cut. We have no idea how we are going to pay our bills because healthcare workers can't work remotely. She has no mask. She's at risk for the disease every day. I'm not sure if you are a Trump supporter, but Trump supporters can only deflect because they can't list his wins. There aren't any. And as I said, his response to the pandemic has been atrocious. No, he didn't cause the disease. But his lies have cost lives and killed Americans. With all the threads still posted cheering Trump, it's only fair, actually more than fair, that I post something that's truthful, rather than another glowing thread by another Trump groupie.
AGAIN, this would have happened under any President. But you go ahead and blame all your problems on him if that makes you feel better because that's what you do...

Old 03-26-2020, 08:15 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Let’s not forget that there are those who are carriers who while might not get sick but spread it.
yep, that's a key element. as are vague symptoms that may or may not be CV that lead people to wait until something more definite appears before confining themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
1) excited? Remember, it's the GOP who wants to let our elders die.
no they don't, no matter how many times you make the same fallacious claim.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:16 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times
Well....this certainly isn't good news.

Especially for those rural folk who probably still receive paper checks in the mail....

https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/st...99862372470784

Old 03-26-2020, 08:17 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
NY has more cases than the next 20 states combined. And that includes #2 NJ.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:18 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,908,758 times
Here is what the NYC Health Commissioner was busy tweeting about over the last month or so:

Feb. 9: Make sure that you definitely go the Chinese New Year parade and festivities!! (pay no attention to the just-announced ban on China travel. Don't change any plans...all is well; no worries).
Feb. 12: Go to Chinatown and spend money there! Support Chinese businesses!
Feb. 14: High blood pressure
Feb. 16: Discrimination against Chinese
Feb. 18: Measles
Making sure you get counted in the census, no matter your immigration status
Feb. 19: Measles
Anti-Semitism
Mental health/drug abuse
Feb. 20: Mental health of criminals
Feb. 21: Mental health
Feb. 23: COVID!!!! (and the flu...............lol)
Feb. 24: Mental health of criminals
Feb. 25: REDUCING FEAR AND STIGMA REGARDING COVID (wish I was joking...........)
Feb. 26: Covid!

(By this point, the cat was completely out of the bag. What has happened over the last two or three weeks absolutely does not matter. The salient time was FEBRUARY).

Three days later, on March 1, after New Yorkers started testing positive, de Blasio said that "our health authorities have been in a state of high alert for weeks". Just read the above list again, and tell me if it sounds like that's true.........No, it's all liberal politics, all the time (even with, and from, Public Health Authorities). Oh well, New York! These are the people you put in charge. Have fun living with the consequences of that decision!

Old 03-26-2020, 08:21 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
yep, that's a key element. as are vague symptoms that may or may not be CV that lead people to wait until something more definite appears before confining themselves.

no it isn't, no matter how many times you make the same fallacious claim.
It's true not all GOP want elders to die but on this message board and out in the real world, the folks that have suggested the 'few' lives of the elderly that are risk aren't worth everyone suffering economic hardships are conservatives/Trump fans/GOP politicians.

So --- it isn't exactly accurate but the thought is the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies