Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2020, 04:52 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
False alarm how?

He threatened her, tried to lure her dog against her wishes, and she had an obvious panic reaction. There was nothing false about it.

The man in question should be under psych review.
I wouldn't call using treats to lure a dog threatening "her." The man is clearly nuts also, but the woman responded in a racist manner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2020, 05:09 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Tell us all about what other ordinance flouting is moral permission for Black civilians to intimidate and harass women, and to attempt to molest personal property (the dog) against the wishes of its owner?

We'll hand them all badges or perhaps ticket books.

After that, we'll let White civilians know that they can now intimidate and harass Blacks for not following ordinances, especially in isolated parts of parks, and that if the Blacks panic in response that they will likely lose their jobs and possibly much else.
LMAO!!!!! This is obsessively unhinged posting at this point.

And the fact that you reference a black civilian and not just a civilian is pretty telling, as is the rest of your post.

Please push away from the computer and go get some fresh air. This escalation in your posts is worrisome.

Old 05-29-2020, 05:12 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Two nutters in Central Park, who could have guessed.

Old 05-29-2020, 05:39 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,901,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Had she not have said, I'm going to call the police and tell them, there is an African American man"... she didn't say, I'm going to call the police and tell them there is a "man" threatening me.

It would have been JUST as wrong had she said there is a "man" threatening me.

I can see her doing this to a white man. She wouldn't have mentioned race, but she would have still lied about a man threatening her.

The is an example of female entitlement (not, specifically, white female entitlement).

Whenever there's an altercation between a man and a crying woman, both leftist feminists and rightist white knights, police, and prosecutors believe the woman, without any evidence. "Women don't lie," we are told.

She was using her female privilege to take down an innocent man. It was her misfortune that the man was black, so he could always play the race card. (Actually, she walked into it by emphasizing his race.)

I once had a woman's two dogs attack me, despite the law stating they must be leashed. (It was early morning, and we were on a sidewalk). The dogs were small and mid-sized. I kept swinging an umbrella at them, and kicking to keep them at bay. But they kept coming at me.

The woman (a white, older woman), freaked out, ran at me, screaming, "Don't you dare!"

She got in my face, right up against me, a foot shorter than me. The dogs kept at me, and I kept kicking at them. She ordered me to leave, though I had every right to be on that sidewalk. I couldn't walk away while her dogs were attacking me. I had to use my umbrella to keep them at bay. It was her responsibility to pull back her dogs. She eventually left with her precious poops, saying I deserved to be attacked.

We were both white. If a cop had appeared, I'm sure she would have said I attacked her dogs, and her, rather than the other way around.

I'm glad Amy Cooper's life is destroyed.

Old 05-29-2020, 06:17 PM

165 posts, read 116,106 times
Quote:
You're an actress. An A-C-T-R-E-S-S. And probably a waitress. I analyze an aspect of her behavior for a living, which requires a graduate science education. You're wrong. I'm right.

That's not how civilization works.

Men don't have carte blanche to harass and intimidate anyone because they notice an ordinance violation. Full stop.

I'm sure that not picking up dog poop is also a violation, but noticing it doesn't give anyone the right to harass that person and make threats. That's when police get called.
I find it your indignation and assumptions about Northshoregirl201's profession a little odd. There's no need to attempt to invalidate her statement in an attempt to assert your superiority. There are more civil ways to disagree. We get it it, you have a graduate degree.
BTW, I analyze people/behavior for a living as well and see it closer to what Northshoregirl2019 is stating. No need to be condescending.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:17 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,733 times
Default Your own fears being projected

Quote:
After he threatened her dog?

Willfully decontextualizing the situation doesn't speak well to your social judgement on the matter. In other words, right or wrong, the man doesn't need defenders like you. You will end up making him look bad.

She's clearly terrified.

A man whose size determines that he could kill her at will is intimidating her for no reason in the park.

He's not code enforcement. He should have taken a picture and submitted it to the police if he was concerned about her dog's leashing. That would have been the end of it. This creep has dog treats in his pocket to lure strange dogs and endeavors to pick fights with strange women.

See my post prior to this one for the rest of my response.
It sounds like you're projecting your own fears had you been in her shoes. However, she was not afraid. Listen to her own words. She didn't call the police on him because she was scared nor because he was luring her dog with treats. She walked up to him and demanded the man stop recording the incident with his phone.

That's not the behavior of someone in fear of their life. When he refused, that really ticked her off. To paraphrase, she said "STOP recording...okay, I'm going to call the police on YOU!! I'm going to tell them that I AM being threatened by an AFRICAN-AMERICAN MAN! Her emphasis was on the sticking points whereby she thought she had him by the tail.

Because he had refused to cower to her demand, she was going to teach him a lesson by calling the "police" who would then show up and make him cower. Listen to the video again, she warned him UPFRONT right before dialing of how she was about to stick to him. Fortunately for him, it backfired on her.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:32 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,733 times
Default When you've grown up and internalized certain beliefs, values...

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The incident you saw was the middle of an encounter and we don’t really know what happened before filming began. Helpfully the man gave us a script of his version of what happened, and it wasn’t looking good on him in my opinion. What he himself claimed he said sounded threatening, whether he said it in a nice calm voice like he had when he was filming or a mad voice doesn’t matter. They were still in a secluded area of the park and it seemed threatening. I thought she looked scared. Just because she walked toward him doesn’t mean she wasn’t scared. Fight or flight.
If there is an argument between two people regardless how afraid either of them are of the other, it's the one who deliberately approaches as in walking up on someone FIRST who is the aggressor in the situation. She was actually ESCALATING the situation. Thank God he wasn't a violent BM (nor a violent man period).

Nevertheless, I understand that regardless of our racial background, in our society, we've been trained since toddlers looking at fairy tale books, to see WW in every circumstance as being helpless victims always in need of saving, protecting, and cherishing. To see a real life incident recorded that causes us to rethink this belief or is inconsistent with this long held belief is causing a lot of people cognitive dissonance.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:48 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
Talk about deflecting. Let me guess, you are probably upset about the rioting and could care less about the man who was actually killed by the police!!
You can care about George Floyd and also be upset about the riots.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
PANIC --panic would have been to put the leash on the dog and leave.

You are trollilng people.

You know she wasn't panicked, -- she calmly laid out her plan to call and then acted out her role on the phone...that's not panic...that's calculated insanity.
Is this like the Yanny and Laurel recording? I swear I feel like I watched something different than y’all did. What I saw was a woman hyperventilating and clearly panicky, but trying to sound firm and get this guy to leave so she could leave. Not everyone reacts as people expect them to in those situations. She clearly didn’t stick around to sic the cops on the guy once she felt there was no immediate threat. Maybe she thought by saying African American man she was signaling that he needed to leave quickly because the cops were on the way. Based on her own inclinations I think that’s more likely than her wanting the cops to actually harm him. Of course we won’t know because the woman is in full on self preservation mode and apologizing left and right. Gogli is right. She didn’t seek out this confrontation. This man took a wrecking ball to her life over a minor argument.

Last edited by katygirl68; 05-29-2020 at 09:24 PM..

Old 05-29-2020, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
If there is an argument between two people regardless how afraid either of them are of the other, it's the one who deliberately approaches as in walking up on someone FIRST who is the aggressor in the situation. She was actually ESCALATING the situation. Thank God he wasn't a violent BM (nor a violent man period).

Nevertheless, I understand that regardless of our racial background, in our society, we've been trained since toddlers looking at fairy tale books, to see WW in every circumstance as being helpless victims always in need of saving, protecting, and cherishing. To see a real life incident recorded that causes us to rethink this belief or is inconsistent with this long held belief is causing a lot of people cognitive dissonance.
I don’t think race has anything to do with her reaction, but I definitely think any woman no matter her color would have had reason to feel threatened by his initial actions. To me this is not a racial thing but a man woman thing. Then again, I didn’t grow up in a safe area and have known people who were violently raped and one person (a man) who was murdered. Perhaps that colors my perception a bit, but the whole thing seemed weird to me and particularly the reaction by everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies