Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2020, 05:21 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times

Advertisements

Right now young black gansta's with sagging pants, wearing wife beaters,gold chains and teeth in dreadlocks are mocking clean cut Harvard educated black men. They know many white people don't see any difference between them and can't tell them apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2020, 05:24 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,630,750 times
Throw the book at her. She is a looney.

Old 05-28-2020, 05:37 AM

234 posts, read 90,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Right now young black gansta's with sagging pants, wearing wife beaters,gold chains and teeth in dreadlocks are mocking clean cut Harvard educated black men. They know many white people don't see any difference between them and can't tell them apart.
Your insane if you truly believe most white people see a clean cut educated black man the same as a man with gold teeth that's sagging his pants. Are you serious rn? How stupid do you think most white people are? The majority of white people that live in major metro areas have black friends that they grew up with and relatives.

Its not like black ppl are a complete mystery to most white people it's not 1926. We grow up around and with y'all and indulge in alot of your culture. Also if you are a graduate of Harvard you probably don't give a damn about what some loser thug would think of you anyway and you probably spend very little time even frequenting environments where you even consistently run into people like that. Also dreadlocks are not a "gangsta" haircut. Alot of successful black people wear dreadlocks and some of them probably are Harvard graduates too.

Even gold teeth don't immediately mean "gangsta". Alot of black folks have permanent gold teeth that they got back in the day when that was the primary filling for cavities for poor folks, especially down south. Just look at pernell whitaker, he wasn't a "gangsta" an he had golds.

Old 05-28-2020, 05:40 AM

655 posts, read 1,061,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
That’s what makes it so bizarre, this wasn’t some hillbilly in Alabama out of a trailer park. This was a highly educated, executive, Canadian native, middle aged woman, in liberal NYC in broad daylight.

There’s nothing he said to her, even prior to the recording, that would warrant a fake cop report.

All that education and the damn woman never learned how to treat another person, in NYC of all places.
It's really not that bizarre. White liberals (like many here in NYC and its suburbs) are often more racist than your Alabama hillbilly. It is their education that allows them to hide it much better than others. You often hear how NYC and its suburbs are amongst the most segregated in the country despite NYC being often referred to as a melting pot. That pot is often never stirred (groups don't mingle).

A better example would be illegal (in this case Spanish) immigration. If you are anti illegal immigration you are often to thought to be a Republican in a red state maybe even a racist...lacking compassion for babies in cages. White liberals in NYC will champion hard for the rights of illegals BUT would pitch a fit if such person moved to their lily white suburb, attended school with their children or in general were in "their" spaces. Policies and procedures are in place in such areas that create great barriers to black and brown persons living in those areas, but these people are needed to landscape the yard, watch the kids, be mom's nurse aide, etc. (jobs they would consider beneath them). So they are OK with illegal aliens coming in and flooding say black neighborhoods because it does not impact them. It's a vicious cycle and white liberals, given how they are more often in positions of power can be 100X worse than a MAGA Republican in Alabama.

Old 05-28-2020, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR1997 View Post
It's really not that bizarre. White liberals (like many here in NYC and its suburbs) are often more racist than your Alabama hillbilly. It is their education that allows them to hide it much better than others. You often hear how NYC and its suburbs are amongst the most segregated in the country despite NYC being often referred to as a melting pot. That pot is often never stirred (groups don't mingle).

A better example would be illegal (in this case Spanish) immigration. If you are anti illegal immigration you are often to thought to be a Republican in a red state maybe even a racist...lacking compassion for babies in cages. White liberals in NYC will champion hard for the rights of illegals BUT would pitch a fit if such person moved to their lily white suburb, attended school with their children or in general were in "their" spaces. Policies and procedures are in place in such areas that create great barriers to black and brown persons living in those areas, but these people are needed to landscape the yard, watch the kids, be mom's nurse aide, etc. (jobs they would consider beneath them). So they are OK with illegal aliens coming in and flooding say black neighborhoods because it does not impact them. It's a vicious cycle and white liberals, given how they are more often in positions of power can be 100X worse than a MAGA Republican in Alabama.
Spot on. I'm white so well I know white people and I'm telling you behind closed doors white liberals as a group are alot more racist then white conservatives and the wealthy ones typically have never lived around or with black folks and are extremely ignorant towards black American culture and hold alot of negative stereotypical beliefs about blacks. One of the most disgusting racist white people I ever had the misfortune of meeting was not only a liberal, he also voted for Barack Obama

Old 05-28-2020, 05:55 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,475,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
This the black-on-white attempted murder you're referring to I suspect.

Video captures brutal nursing home beating

I bet Fake News hans't even covered it hardly, and those lefties clutching their pearls in this thread couldn't care less about it....oh, but they suuuuure care that this lady called a black man a black man.
Is there a CD thread about this story?

Old 05-28-2020, 06:03 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
That’s an interesting point. Never looked at it like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeriochapgovna View Post
Your insane if you truly believe most white people see a clean cut educated black man the same as a man with gold teeth that's sagging his pants. Are you serious rn? How stupid do you think most white people are? The majority of white people that live in major metro areas have black friends that they grew up with and relatives.

Its not like black ppl are a complete mystery to most white people it's not 1926. We grow up around and with y'all and indulge in alot of your culture. Also if you are a graduate of Harvard you probably don't give a damn about what some loser thug would think of you anyway and you probably spend very little time even frequenting environments where you even consistently run into people like that. Also dreadlocks are not a "gangsta" haircut. Alot of successful black people wear dreadlocks and some of them probably are Harvard graduates too.

Even gold teeth don't immediately mean "gangsta". Alot of black folks have permanent gold teeth that they got back in the day when that was the primary filling for cavities for poor folks, especially down south. Just look at pernell whitaker, he wasn't a "gangsta" an he had golds.
Nah...we’re definitely a mystery to most white people. Big time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Well at least you admit your agenda.....
What agenda? I didn’t call the cops on anyone or ask anyone to put their dog on a leash.

Unlike the guy in this story, I’d rather throw a rock and bust you in the head for threatening me by calling the cops. But if I know I can get you fired instead, I’ll take that option every time. Lol

Old 05-28-2020, 06:08 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,069,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
When people start getting outraged at all the incidences of Blacks beating up elderly White people, I will start caring about incidents like this.
Your empathy is neither expected nor needed

Old 05-28-2020, 06:10 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,581,436 times
So by his own admission, it turns out that he DID threaten her. Hmmm...

“I’m going to do what I want, but you’re not going to like it”. Now if I’m a woman in a park and a strange man tells me that, I’d be concerned as well.

Old 05-28-2020, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That’s an interesting point. Never looked at it like that.

Nah...we’re definitely a mystery to most white people. Big time.

What agenda? I didn’t call the cops on anyone or ask anyone to put their dog on a leash.

Unlike the guy in this story, I’d rather throw a rock and bust you in the head for threatening me by calling the cops. But if I know I can get you fired instead, I’ll take that option every time. Lol
We can agree to disagree and you might be right, matter fact you probably are but I'm speaking more of a perspective from my generation and where I'm from. I was born in the 90s and am from a part of the south where blacks are almost the majority and it's not that racially segregated like it was back when my parents were growing up so it's not like white ppl of my generation didn't grow up with blacks and vica versa.

We grew up having sleepovers at each other's houses, playing sports and videogames together, going to the same schools and riding the same buses. Listening to the same kinda music an watching the same tv shows and movies. Many of us are related to people that are different races and have been in relationships with an lived with ppl that are different races. Lol in jail and prison we even hang out together and eat at the same tables which i didnt know till recently isnt normal in many states. So it's a little different of a dynamic from people from older generations an from more segregated places. There are misunderstandings an things most of us are ignorant about each other but it's not like we are a complete mystery to one another.

That's just my perspective though but everyone didn't grow up in the same kinda environment I did that I assumed was just normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies