Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2020, 01:27 AM

1,017 posts, read 787,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Looks like Team Hiden has been read my posts.

I said that several months ago.

June 26th to be specific.

You tell grocers to double their inventories and report when they have done so.

Then you tell everyone to ensure they have 3 weeks worth of groceries.

You put National Guard units at grocery stores to prevent hoarding. Anyone who throws a tantrum goes straight to the detention center and not only do they forfeit their compensation check, but everyone in their household eligible for a compensation check forfeits theirs, too.

You lock down for 3 weeks. No one leaves their home.

Critical infrastructure like essential medical personnel, fire, police, electric energy infrastructure and telecommunications infrastructure are the only people allowed outside their homes and they won't be staying in their homes.

You rent hotel space, get four volunteers at each hotel to be desk clerks, tell the staff to take a hike and set out linens and towels for 3 weeks.

You contract caterers to feed those people and they live in the hotels, too.

There's no mail, no Amazon Prime deliveries, no streaming, and only taped TV broadcasts.

Anyone who violates forfeits their compensation check as do all eligible persons in the household, plus violators go to detention for at least 6 months but not more than a year.

HUD residents not only go to detention, they get evicted which means they're barred from HUD housing for 7 years.

Anyone on Social Security, Disability or SSI gets their payments stopped while in detention. Those on Social Security will have to re-apply to start their benefits and they don't get "back-pay." Those on Disability and SSI will have to re-file and start the entire process all over.

At the end of 3 weeks, you cut everyone 18 and older a $3,000 check for the patriotism.

Of course, that only works if you close the borders.

If you were on a boat on Lake Michigan and it had a hole in it and you were sinking, would you punch more holes in your boat?

Well, then why would you let people bring STUPID-19 in the US?

Quarantine them on the tarmac. That's what National Guard units are for.

Sounds like Nazi Germany, If Trump did this the liberals will compare him to Hitler and every other dictator out there.

You have people mental health issues there will be a lot of suicides.

Nobody normal will survive that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2020, 01:46 AM

724 posts, read 504,023 times
Here's a question that will ( hopefully ) be answered by one or more of our more politically astute members :

Does any branch of Federal government have the authority to enact/enforce a lockdown of this sort ?

I'm gonna leave it at that for now , but I'd be lying if I were to say that I wouldn't love to read a full blown mini dissertation of the topic my question brings up as such .

Old 11-13-2020, 02:12 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

I think we are seeing what their true intentions are now.
I smell a conspiracy theory. Who is the they in this theory, and what do you think their intentions are?

Old 11-13-2020, 02:46 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Thank God he is not going to be president!

We all got a little insight to the anarchy Biden would have caused had he been elected.

The US dodged a bullet and additionally had the dems help us smoke out all the deep state operatives with the coup attempt. It is going to be a very, very bad year for the dems.
What rogue website indoctrinated you into believing such ridiculous nonsense? InfoWars?

Old 11-13-2020, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
We were locked down for two months here in Nevada. The number of cases went down but even with restrictions they went back up when the lockdown ended. Our economy suffered, people lost their jobs, and small businesses went under.

The same thing will happen on a national scale if ignoramus Biden gets his way.
So you think most people should brave up and stand up to the virus by going out and supporting the economy?

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 11-13-2020 at 03:00 AM..

Old 11-13-2020, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

I do follow the science, no mask and no lockdown! As a side, note, NO VACCINE!
So you would urge people to get along with their normal lives once again as before? So finish reopening the country? Return to packing stadiums, concert halls, movie theaters, arenas, bars and so on? And, of course, no masks?

Old 11-13-2020, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htuky View Post
Thats the truth of it!!!
But no doubt you pretty strongly thought it was true the election was already decided by midnight when Trump was elected in 2016.

Old 11-13-2020, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
Covid won't kill me, a healthy 30 year old, my room mate has covid right now and im pretty sure I already had it. we are both young guys, hes just sneezing a bit.

why the hell would I take some bs vaccine? I have zero possibility of DYING from so called deadly disease. if you are not 70 year olds, and have immune issues you won't die, and im not risking my health for some crap vaccine.

id rather just heard immunity it, or just get it a lot. whatever. its a JOKE
If you are afraid, you lock yourself down you wear a mask, you do your protection procedures, I will not do anything to protect you.

My life is my priority, not yours. If I was afraid of contracting something, id do my best to avoid it, but I wouldn't make others follow crap they dont believe in. its such bogus
Not every young person infected by covid has just a mild and brief illness as this article shows: https://www.ocolly.com/news/my-exper...c393744ed.html

As the young guy puts it, "After going through hell for weeks, I am finally negative for the virus, but that doesn’t mean the long term effects are done. Since receiving my negative tests I still have lingering symptoms. My breathing is still rough, making working out and basically any physical activity hard to complete. I still wake up dazed and cloudy some days and still feel random waves of exhaustion from time to time."

Old 11-13-2020, 04:20 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/11/bide...e-economy.html

and what if that doesn't work? Will we then lockdown for another 4-6 weeks? Then another?
We've been locked down for months. Boobus doesn't think, boobus does the same things over and over again and expects different results.

Old 11-13-2020, 04:22 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
it's about slowing the spread because the vaccine won't be ready till summer next year. it's about science.
And what if the "science" is wrong and the vaccine doesn't work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies