Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2021, 07:30 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,725,969 times

Advertisements

Well it's about time, when is Mark planning to start playing his preferred anthem at games?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs

Old 02-10-2021, 07:31 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,475,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I love this idea.

Stop mixing politics and sports. Just play the games. I've been calling for this for at least two years - take the national anthem away, and then you also take away the players' ability to make a spectacle of it. No more kneeling, no more black power signs. You come out and play the game and entertain the fans which is what it's supposed to be all about in the first place.
I don't love it. It's a shame that the left and their identity politics have made the national anthem such a divisive thing. It used to be unifying. It's a shame but it's where we are right now, so maybe we should stop playing the anthem before games, at least until this wave of self loathing by the American left simmers down a bit.

Old 02-10-2021, 07:35 AM

5,347 posts, read 3,218,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Oh. My. Cookie. That sounds unbearable OMG the horror.

Kind of like having a basketball game without the National Anthem. That sounds unbearable OMG the horror.

How will we survive?

Old 02-10-2021, 07:38 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,558,478 times
Never understood the need for the anthem to be played before every sporting event. It was even played at my kids' little league games. Like, I know which country I'm in.

It's the kind of thing that happens in North Korea or other dictatorships.

Old 02-10-2021, 07:40 AM

20,115 posts, read 9,028,155 times
play it or not, I don't care, if the NBA was counting on me for support, that ended decades ago. Mark Cuban may be the biggest blowhard in America.

Old 02-10-2021, 07:40 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
How is the NA polarizing? Slavery was accepted around the world for thousands of years. It was wrong, but just how it was. Whether they admit it or not, it was largely white people who put an end to slavery in the US. Part of the discussion was around the constitution and what it meant to be an American. America eventually realized everyone should be treated the same and afforded the same freedom under the flag. America is a country to celebrate (until the progressives ruin it)!

I agree.

America is Great! and it should be celebrated. What is wrong with standing in silence and reflecting on how great America is and think about how so many have sacrificed everything so we can enjoy the sporting event in peace? Depending on who is singing the anthem it can take up to 2 minutes and in that time you can think about anything you want. How about giving thanks to the Spirit of America that you enjoy such a high level of living that is the envy of much of the world? Imagine that you have enough money to buy those over priced tickets and for millions across the world you could be spending a year of wages on one night out.

America is a country to celebrate and the athletes should realize that there are not too many countries round the world where they would be paid millions of dollars to play a game.

I never liked Mark Cuban. We used to watch "Shark Tank" and he was always so smug.

How short sighted of him to diss the country that has allowed him to make millions.

The National Anthem is up to 2 minutes long and it is not that long to pause to reflect on how lucky we are and to give thanks for everything we have.

Old 02-10-2021, 07:42 AM

74,170 posts, read 1,836,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Apparently, no one even noticed this after 13 home games this pre and regular season.

Seems like Mark wants it both ways.

He says the right things publicly to kowtow to the 'woke' movement, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did this just to prevent morons from kneeling and grandstanding over the National Anthem in the future (few years ago when this kneeling nonsense started in earnest, I believe Mark actually voiced support for players standing before the Anthem with hands over their hearts).

Well played, Mark.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...uban-direction
And didn't he talk about running for President at one time? We might not hear the National Anthem played again.

Old 02-10-2021, 07:48 AM

929 posts, read 304,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
I quit watching Shark Tank a long time ago, because every time someone had an idea Mark Cuban liked, he would say; I have people in China that can manufacture that. He never said that he had people in the U.S. that can make that.

His announcement is probably praised by his China manufacturing connections.

So many have been selling out the country for a long time. Now they think they are morally superior on top of that.
Yes, and do you also remember hearing him say what a great country is it that produces people with ideas like that are brought to him?

Another Limousine Liberal. Great country for you to turn a buck, right Mark? Regardless, the NBA is pretty much unwatchable. Raise the basket 3 feet and make it interesting.

Old 02-10-2021, 07:48 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,562,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
If, God forbid, we ever do have a civil war, I hope all the pathological traitors like you are wiped off the continent forever
Lol guess I am a "pathological traitor" also, half the time folks in the stadium aren't paying attention. Get rid of it

Old 02-10-2021, 07:51 AM

5,347 posts, read 3,218,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speegleagle View Post

Another Limousine Liberal. Great country for you to turn a buck, right Mark? Regardless, the NBA is pretty much unwatchable. Raise the basket 3 feet and make it interesting.
Meh...because he's a "liberal" all of the "conservatives" are now all of a sudden against capitalist principles. Funny how that works.

But I agree with you regarding NBA. It's not politics that make me not watch, it's just a boring product that quickly turned into soccer with the fake flailing on the floor.

Take away some personal fouls, enforce traveling and raise the hoop, and I'd watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies