Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2021, 06:41 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,653,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well you will have to decide your priorities. Holding a paycheck over your head as a threat isn't anything new.
Contact ICAN (Informed Consent Action Network). These are expiremental vaccines still and you can't be forced to take them. Companies and people are bullying others (remember when bullying was a big deal) into taking them but can't force it. These "vaccines" have never been officially approved. They don't go through official approval until late 2022 and early 2023 (Pfizer and Moderna, not sure which one first). They will only get approved cause it would look bad to people that took them if they didn't. It is already settled, too much money and reputation involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2021, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Lol, actually it's exactly the opposite so far.

Facts? Here is a fact for you: in TX, Covid hospitalizations peaked in January, there has been more than a 5 fold drop since then. (26% fully vaccinated).
Wrong, Texas got crap at the time cause only 6 or 7% had been vaccinated when they lifted their mandates. The numbers started dropping when Texas had way lower vaccination rates. Texas still ranks way behind in vaccinations per capita. Actually, many of the states with the highest cases have the highest amount of cases (not that I really believe case numbers, but that is what we use these days).

Old 05-01-2021, 06:53 PM

This entire thing is a lose/lose. This so called vaccination isn't supposed to stop the virus, but to supposedly limit the symptoms. Of course they tested it on healthy individuals who had no risk anyway, so why wouldn't they only show mild to moderate symptoms. Same as now they are showing that kids aren't showing any major symptoms from the vaccine in trails, but again, they didn't to begin with. Its a ridiculous test/trial.

My opinion many of the vaccinated will continue to get sick at some point. They can blame others, but they will either because of the vaccine or they haven't been exposed the whatever virus is out there. The only people I know who have been sick over the past 6 months are vaccinated and those taking every CDC precaution known. I know lots sick last year before the lockdowns and they haven't been sick again (no vaccine, very little precautions). Yes, I realize this isn't a scientific study, but again the only people struggling right now are those taking the vaccine. And the elderly, are really having issues with it. I have close friends that deal with them on a regular basis and it is happening but the medical community continues to blame it on other issues.

Interesting how when it was supposedly covid, underlying conditions didn't really matter or were considered at most secondary; but now with the vaccine, every issue or death is an underlying condition and has nothing to do with the vaccine.

Old 05-01-2021, 07:01 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,234,562 times
I think you're suffering from massive perception bia and I will trust the stats over anecdotal stories.

Old 05-01-2021, 07:09 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Experts state the vaccine does not have 100% efficacy.

95% efficacy for the 2 shot vaccines and 70% for J&J, as far as getting covid.
I don't understand how people don't understand this. No one said that the vaccine was 100 percent protection.

Even birth control is not 100 percent.

Even the measles vaccine. Or the annual flu shot.

It is simply cowards looking for a reason to not take the Covid vaccine.

I don't blame them. They worship Donald John Trump, whom is a coward.

Yet even he took the shot

Old 05-01-2021, 07:40 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
Almost no vaccine is 100%. Even the smallpox vaccine is only 95% effective, yet do we really want to go back to the days of folks having smallpox? Diphtheria vaccines are only 95% effective.

I suppose some might want to go back to the middle ages before vaccines.
These people who are anti-vaccine also believe drinking bleach works. Seriously look at how many people hawk MMS as a religious based cure-all. I know many people had weird and often religious based cures that didn't work in the middle ages too. Look at all the disinformation about the Black Plague for instance or Yellow Fever turning people into vampires...

As for this legislator getting COVID, we all knew there would be at least one and we knew there would be at least some effected by at least one vaccine. This was expected. Only biased antvaxers are using this disinformation. These people are pushing us to take longer to return to normalcy by not getting close to herd immunity.

Old 05-01-2021, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
These people who are anti-vaccine also believe drinking bleach works. Seriously look at how many people hawk MMS as a religious based cure-all. I know many people had weird and often religious based cures that didn't work in the middle ages too. Look at all the disinformation about the Black Plague for instance or Yellow Fever turning people into vampires...

As for this legislator getting COVID, we all knew there would be at least one and we knew there would be at least some effected by at least one vaccine. This was expected. Only biased antvaxers are using this disinformation. These people are pushing us to take longer to return to normalcy by not getting close to herd immunity.
Completely ignorant statement. What about the people wearing multiple masks, or wearing masks in their car or around nobody. Are those people also cult like?

By the way, I'm not sure people getting sick have "covid". Just like anyone else, people get sick. If they think a "vaccine" protects them from every virus then its giving them a false sense of security (the same as her mask did).

Just because someone doesn't want to take an experimental vaccine doesn't make them an anti-vaxer. Some don't trust big pharm companies, or how fast this was rolled out. Or the fact they are already calling for a booster shot. Or to me the biggest issue, is they have complete liability (scare for any industry in my opinion). Herd immunity also works for those that were naturally infected and survived, but nobody wants to talk about those people. Forcing a vaccine on someone who has natural immunity goes completely against the science, at least it did before, but now they can ridicule and make their $.

Sorry, myself and many will be in the control group of not getting vaccinated. You can blame us for the issues if you and other vaccinated end up sick. Either way, a real scientific study needs a control group. Of course they don't want one cause it might show the vaccine didn't cure anything.

Old 05-01-2021, 09:40 PM

8,155 posts, read 3,684,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
Wrong, Texas got crap at the time cause only 6 or 7% had been vaccinated when they lifted their mandates. The numbers started dropping when Texas had way lower vaccination rates. Texas still ranks way behind in vaccinations per capita. Actually, many of the states with the highest cases have the highest amount of cases (not that I really believe case numbers, but that is what we use these days).
Reading comprehension is important.

Old 05-01-2021, 10:39 PM

37,119 posts, read 41,299,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
You are wrong... the vaccine is not working well and has very short term antibodies and does not have the back ups that natural immunity gives you.
False.

How long antibodies from either infection or vaccination will last has yet to be determined. The immunity from the vaccine is fundamentally the same as that from infection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Some dip**** wrote the editor of the paper and said he'd not do any business with any business who didn't make its employees get vaccinated. They'd have to show proof of vaccination or wouldn't be allowed in his home or he wouldn't go inside their business. I wonder if the kook knows that the vaccines do not give you immunity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Those that have been saying that you can't get or pass covid after being vaccinated are either ignorant or lying. What the vaccine will do is keep the virus from killing you or putting you into the hospital.
The vaccines have been shown to prevent infection, not just symptoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Well, nothing is perfect apparently. Including these "vaccines," as you yourself have noted, which clearly do not provide "complete immunity" either.

Which is better? I do not care what you or any so-called "expert" says, the answer for the vast majority of people is our unadulterated immunity system.

In fact, there is a lot more going on with our immunity systems than any human being or "expert" knows about. It is extremely complex and it works remarkably well in the vast majority of cases, as long as we do not mistreat it, abuse it, starve it, or monkey it up.
Your remarkable immune system can kill you if you catch the virus, by causing cytokine storm.

Quote:
Have you no shame? They are not. Most people respond to this virus in a way that is entirely natural and normal, with many experiencing no noticeable symptoms at all, many others nothing worse than a case of the sniffles, and a smaller percentage something closer to a case of the flu.

And many others are just 'naturally immune,' apparently because of past encounters with coronavirus strains that are sufficiently similar to stimulate an effective immune response from our immunity systems. I get it that you want to parse words around that in order to try to scare people in an attempt to make them uncertain and hopefully more dependent on people such as yourself. But we all have some degree of common sense understanding of how immunity works.

It is so desirable right now that everyone be able to have confidence and trust in medical professionals, such as yourself. It literally turns my stomach to see the extent that you are shilling for these "vaccines" and the larger control oriented agenda that is associated with it. Rather than engendering trust, your are promoting distrust with these sorts of remarks. I know that is not what you want, but it is what you are doing.

These "vaccines" are not superior for producing immunity to this virus than most people's personal immunity systems. It is breathtaking to see you promoting such misinformation. Especially when we do not know or understand what sort of long term effects there will be from taking of these inoculations, since they were so rushed in their production.
Almost 600,000 people are dead and many others are not recovering well after being infected.

There is no guarantee your immune system will protect you, no matter how superior you think your own is.

Quote:
Contact ICAN (Informed Consent Action Network). These are expiremental vaccines still and you can't be forced to take them. Companies and people are bullying others (remember when bullying was a big deal) into taking them but can't force it. These "vaccines" have never been officially approved. They don't go through official approval until late 2022 and early 2023 (Pfizer and Moderna, not sure which one first). They will only get approved cause it would look bad to people that took them if they didn't. It is already settled, too much money and reputation involved.
They are no longer experimental. That point was passed long ago. They are approved under emergency use, and to get that they had to be shown to be effective (they are) and safer than getting the disease (they are, by a long shot). Pfizer and Moderna are applying for full licensure soon, and they are likely to receive it because the evidence after millions have been vaccinated is that they are safe and effective. They do not have to wait until the formal en of the phase 3 studies. There is no conspiracy to hide anything showing they are not safe or effective.

Quote:
This entire thing is a lose/lose. This so called vaccination isn't supposed to stop the virus, but to supposedly limit the symptoms. Of course they tested it on healthy individuals who had no risk anyway, so why wouldn't they only show mild to moderate symptoms. Same as now they are showing that kids aren't showing any major symptoms from the vaccine in trails, but again, they didn't to begin with. Its a ridiculous test/trial.

My opinion many of the vaccinated will continue to get sick at some point. They can blame others, but they will either because of the vaccine or they haven't been exposed the whatever virus is out there. The only people I know who have been sick over the past 6 months are vaccinated and those taking every CDC precaution known. I know lots sick last year before the lockdowns and they haven't been sick again (no vaccine, very little precautions). Yes, I realize this isn't a scientific study, but again the only people struggling right now are those taking the vaccine. And the elderly, are really having issues with it. I have close friends that deal with them on a regular basis and it is happening but the medical community continues to blame it on other issues.

Interesting how when it was supposedly covid, underlying conditions didn't really matter or were considered at most secondary; but now with the vaccine, every issue or death is an underlying condition and has nothing to do with the vaccine.
People with underlying health conditions were included in the trials, so your argument falls apart. The vaccines have been shown to prevent infection. Your information is out of date.

It is not true that "the only people struggling right now are those taking the vaccine".

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...pitalized.html

"Both mRNA COVID-19 vaccines (Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna) authorized and recommended in the United States protect against COVID-19-related hospitalization among adults 65 years and older, according to a new CDC assessment that finds fully vaccinated adults 65 years and older were 94% less likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 than people of the same age who were not vaccinated. People 65 and older who were partially vaccinated were 64% less likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 than people who were not vaccinated. People were considered “partially vaccinated” two weeks after their first dose of mRNA vaccine and “fully vaccinated” two weeks after their second dose."

Quote:
Completely ignorant statement. What about the people wearing multiple masks, or wearing masks in their car or around nobody. Are those people also cult like?

By the way, I'm not sure people getting sick have "covid". Just like anyone else, people get sick. If they think a "vaccine" protects them from every virus then its giving them a false sense of security (the same as her mask did).

Just because someone doesn't want to take an experimental vaccine doesn't make them an anti-vaxer. Some don't trust big pharm companies, or how fast this was rolled out. Or the fact they are already calling for a booster shot. Or to me the biggest issue, is they have complete liability (scare for any industry in my opinion). Herd immunity also works for those that were naturally infected and survived, but nobody wants to talk about those people. Forcing a vaccine on someone who has natural immunity goes completely against the science, at least it did before, but now they can ridicule and make their $.

Sorry, myself and many will be in the control group of not getting vaccinated. You can blame us for the issues if you and other vaccinated end up sick. Either way, a real scientific study needs a control group. Of course they don't want one cause it might show the vaccine didn't cure anything.
I am tired of people who do not understand the proper use of masks accusing someone wearing a mask alone in a car being in a cult. Mask maker 3M supports doing it by people as they run errands in order to minimize handling the mask.

People who are infected with SARS-CoV-2 develop the illness called COVID-19. That is the definition of COVID-19. No one expects the vaccine to protect against other viruses.

The vaccines are no longer experimental, not after having been administered to millions of people with safety and effectiveness confirmed in real life.

No one denies that people who have been infected contribute to herd immunity.

Any drug or vaccine needs to be evaluated on its merits, not the liability status of the company making it. To do otherwise risks cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Old 05-01-2021, 10:52 PM

17,597 posts, read 13,378,017 times
Quote:
An Arizona legislator, Rep. Alma Hernandez, who was inoculated two months ago and who also routinely wears a mask, practices social distancing and practices good hygiene, has contracted the coronavirus.

So all of that did not protect her. At the end of the day, it is up to her God given immunity system to protect her from this virus, come what may.

So much for the "experts".

Only 95%+/- efficacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies