Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 190 39.34%
No 247 51.14%
Unsure 46 9.52%
Voters: 483. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2022, 05:35 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,790,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
ISW Update 11/29

https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...nt-november-29

You know one day Bakhmut could have a slight possibility of falling...and it will be of no military significance.
Military or not, for a defender, every inch of their territory is significant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2022, 06:21 PM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Germany offered Poland Patriot anti-missile systems.
Poland said, "Nah, put them in Ukraine."
Russia said, "You do that, and they will be legitimate targets."

Well.......... No screaming shyte. You mean to tell me Russia may actually shoot at anti-missile systems?
It's sorta their thing.

Sweden joining NATO? "You'll be a legitimate target!"
Denmark putting anti-missile radars on their frigates? "Those ships are now a legitimate target!"
Someone hinting that Russia doesn't actually rightfully rule every region where a Russian may have once dropped a turd? "Oh, you're such a legitimate target, you!"

Old 11-30-2022, 06:52 PM

15,421 posts, read 9,092,925 times
Damn this guy's videos are getting more depressing all the time. I remember when he was adamant that nothing would stop the Ukraine from liberating all their territory from Russia. Now he has clearly given up on that. He has now left the Ukraine to build a life elsewhere, he doesn't say where. Now he is reporting that Russia is about to cut off Bakhmut, and there is nothing the Ukraine can do about it. And he now thinks there will be a negotiated settlement and Russia will keep Crimea. It looks like Russia has won, and the Ukrainians are beginning to realize it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHB8H9PSeQw

Old 11-30-2022, 08:32 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Not a great simile, then. I see him more like a drunk violent divorcee, plotting how to get his ex and the kids back. It wasn't all bad times, right? And they'd have never left if it wasn't for those a-hole neighbors giving them ideas. And that house should be his, who does she think she is?
LOL! This is funny! Well done! Thx for the laugh. Heaven knows we need a good laugh in this mess.

Old 11-30-2022, 08:39 PM

2,953 posts, read 994,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Damn this guy's videos are getting more depressing all the time. I remember when he was adamant that nothing would stop the Ukraine from liberating all their territory from Russia. Now he has clearly given up on that. He has now left the Ukraine to build a life elsewhere, he doesn't say where. Now he is reporting that Russia is about to cut off Bakhmut, and there is nothing the Ukraine can do about it. And he now thinks there will be a negotiated settlement and Russia will keep Crimea. It looks like Russia has won, and the Ukrainians are beginning to realize it.

He's just tired and depressed. The scumbag Russians have wasted the grid and his family is cold and in the dark. His kid couldn't get to school and I think he said his apartment was 100 yds from a military depot. Then he drives for a few days trying to figure out where he can land and eventually winds up at (I think) his parents house. He's unemployed, homeless, cold and living with his parents. You'd be freakin' depressed too, Mr Daze.

Don't read into this too much. I don't think things are looking up for your boy in the kremlin just because Denys is having a rough go of it.

Old 11-30-2022, 08:59 PM

4,974 posts, read 2,715,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post

I have watched Deny's videos and yes, he is no longer smiling and no more thumbs up. It is sad to see him give up on his country and leave. But I can't blame him with the loss of electricity, heat, water, etc. it is beyond rough. He needs to keep his family safe as do all Ukrainians. Stoically enduring these privations may not be the best option if you end up dead by freezing to death or by having to watch your wife and kids die.

Stay safe, Deny, in your new location.

Old 11-30-2022, 09:29 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,730,782 times
ISW Update 11/30

https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...nt-november-30

Quote:
Nov 30, 2022 - Press ISW

Russian efforts around Bakhmut indicate that Russian forces have fundamentally failed to learn from previous high-casualty campaigns concentrated on objectives of limited operational or strategic significance. Russian forces have continually expended combat strength on small settlements around Bakhmut since the end of May; in the following six months, they have only secured gains on the order of a few kilometers at a time. As ISW has previously observed, Russian efforts to advance on Bakhmut have resulted in the continued attrition of Russian manpower and equipment, pinning troops on relatively insignificant settlements for weeks and months at a time. This pattern of operations closely resembles the previous Russian effort to take Severodonetsk and Lysychansk earlier in the war. As ISW assessed throughout June and July of this year, Ukrainian forces essentially allowed Russian troops to concentrate efforts on Severodonetsk and Lysychansk, two cities near the Luhansk Oblast border of limited operational and strategic significance, in order to capitalize on the continued degradation of Russian manpower and equipment over the course of months of grinding combat. Russian troops eventually captured Lysychansk and Severodonetsk and reached the Luhansk Oblast border, but that tactical success translated to negligible operational benefit as the Russian offensive in the east then culminated. Russian efforts in this area have remained largely stalled along the lines that they reached in early July. Even if Russian troops continue to advance toward and within Bakhmut, and even if they force a controlled Ukrainian withdrawal from the city (as was the case in Lysychansk), Bakhmut itself offers them little operational benefit. The costs associated with six months of brutal, grinding, and attrition-based combat around Bakhmut far outweigh any operational advantage that the Russians can obtain from taking Bakhmut. Russian offensives around Bakhmut, on the other hand, are consuming a significant proportion of Russia’s available combat power, potentially facilitating continued Ukrainian counteroffensives elsewhere.
Russia will culminate in the field....again...due to Bahhmut...for no real benefit. Are they trying to lose?

Old 11-30-2022, 09:46 PM

7,682 posts, read 5,533,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
He's just tired and depressed. The scumbag Russians have wasted the grid and his family is cold and in the dark. His kid couldn't get to school and I think he said his apartment was 100 yds from a military depot. Then he drives for a few days trying to figure out where he can land and eventually winds up at (I think) his parents house. He's unemployed, homeless, cold and living with his parents. You'd be freakin' depressed too, Mr Daze.

Don't read into this too much. I don't think things are looking up for your boy in the kremlin just because Denys is having a rough go of it.
Denys had a live stream a couple of days ago where he responded to questions by viewers. He, his wife and his 9 year old daughter left Ukraine and after long days of driving (I think he travelled through 8 countries) have settled in a country in Western Europe. He’s totally exhausted. His parents stayed in Ukraine and I think he is worried about them.

He plans to support himself and his family with the videos while he studies to qualify to fly as a pilot in the EU.

The loss of electricity was a wake-up call. With no electricity, his daughter couldn’t even go to school online. Previous to that, the pandemic had interrupted her schooling. The military doesn’t want him and as a pilot he is allowed to leave the country. So he decided to leave.

A viewer asked his opinion of Zelensky. Denys wasn’t a fan before the war but approves of Zelensky as a war time President. Denys is concerned about what happens after the war though. He says the same people/oligarchs are still around as before the war and he worries that might mean the return of corruption.

I think that’s a valid concern.

Old 11-30-2022, 10:07 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,790,192 times
Jake Broe posted some comments from Russian State Media. These Russian savages see attacking civilian infrastructures as a military strategy. They talked about creating more refugee crisis for Europe and to eventually empty Ukraine of her people.

Facking animals. Yes, they are terrorists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMQro2ABoA4

Old 11-30-2022, 10:57 PM

8,154 posts, read 3,682,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post

I guess they learned from the best:

https://www.nato.int/kosovo/press/p990525b.htm

This is just pure gold:

"Question (Norwegian News Agency): I am sorry Jamie but if you say that the Army has a lot of back-up generators, why are you depriving 70% of the country of not only electricity, but also water supply, if he has so much back-up electricity that he can use because you say you are only targeting military targets?

Jamie Shea : Yes, I'm afraid electricity also drives command and control systems. If President Milosevic really wants all of his population to have water and electricity all he has to do is accept NATO's five conditions and we will stop this campaign. But as long as he doesn't do so we will continue to attack those targets which provide the electricity for his armed forces. If that has civilian consequences, it's for him to deal with but that water, that electricity is turned back on for the people of Serbia."

So, did you support this in 1999
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies