Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 190 39.34%
No 247 51.14%
Unsure 46 9.52%
Voters: 483. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2022, 11:04 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,656,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Jake Broe posted some comments from Russian State Media. These Russian savages see attacking civilian infrastructures as a military strategy. They talked about creating more refugee crisis for Europe and to eventually empty Ukraine of her people.

Facking animals. Yes, they are terrorists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMQro2ABoA4
Spare the pearl-clutching.
The U.S...that NUKED TWO ENTIRE CITIES...can never pontificate about "attacking civilian infrastructures as a military strategy".
Nothing will ever compare to that...unless someone else does it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2022, 02:36 AM

5,153 posts, read 3,765,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I suspect that NATO nations know where Russia's nuclear weapons are, and have plans, and weapons, in place to take them out, should the need arise.

Now this information is highly classified, of course, and while I don't have access to it, I'd bet good money that both Xi and Putin do.

Putin's thinly veiled hints about using nukes was to scare nations away from supporting Ukraine.

It didn't work.
No I would agree it is not working. Europe is now buying expensive energy from the US. Do to policies installed here we might be able to supply them for a few years problem is no one can afford to pay for it. Some of you guys. So obvious but some can't see what is going on.

Old 12-01-2022, 07:19 AM

25,583 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Sky News is of the opinion that, regardless of what either side says, this war will take a little break during the hard part of the winter. There will be a rearming period and in the spring they will go at it seriously. The biggest difference in the spring will be Ukraine's possession of longer range missiles.

Russia is building reinforcements on the east bank of Dnipro river and Kherson is being harassed by shelling.
There have been discussions of how hard Ukraine should hit military build-ups in Russia at the border. There have been several huge explosions in Russia, and some of them are quite a way from the border. Ukraine does not take credit for those explosions.

It's going to be really hard for Ukraine to cross that river with war machinery. The Russians clearly expect them to try.

Some people expect the war to end suddenly as the Russian citizenry becomes more aware and news trickles back about soldiers freezing and going without food. It's anyone's guess exactly how it may end. Could be, Russia sees the only way out from under those sanctions will be a pullout. Even then it will be years before the financial strain relaxes.

Old 12-01-2022, 07:44 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
I love how Cloudydayz shifted the narrative to keeping Crimea means Russia wins!

Old 12-01-2022, 07:47 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Spare the pearl-clutching.
The U.S...that NUKED TWO ENTIRE CITIES...can never pontificate about "attacking civilian infrastructures as a military strategy".
Nothing will ever compare to that...unless someone else does it.
You should get some books on WW2 and fill in those vast knowledge gaps.

Be sure to start with China in the early 1930's.

Old 12-01-2022, 08:11 AM

25,583 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I love how Cloudydayz shifted the narrative to keeping Crimea means Russia wins!
It's a smoke screen. Cloudy is clearly a Ruskateer. Sometimes she puts on a mask and cheers Ukraine on, but generally she is a Ruskateer who believes China will come to the aid of Russia.

Old 12-01-2022, 08:26 AM

2,953 posts, read 994,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
I guess they learned from the best:

https://www.nato.int/kosovo/press/p990525b.htm

This is just pure gold:

"Question (Norwegian News Agency): I am sorry Jamie but if you say that the Army has a lot of back-up generators, why are you depriving 70% of the country of not only electricity, but also water supply, if he has so much back-up electricity that he can use because you say you are only targeting military targets?

Jamie Shea : Yes, I'm afraid electricity also drives command and control systems. If President Milosevic really wants all of his population to have water and electricity all he has to do is accept NATO's five conditions and we will stop this campaign. But as long as he doesn't do so we will continue to attack those targets which provide the electricity for his armed forces. If that has civilian consequences, it's for him to deal with but that water, that electricity is turned back on for the people of Serbia."

So, did you support this in 1999
What have I ever done to give you the impression that I give a s**t about educating you or answering your lame little lawyerly questions? Run along and sprinkle emojis below someone else's quotes.

Old 12-01-2022, 08:43 AM

3,227 posts, read 1,607,987 times
Oil and gas prices are now back down near or below pre-war levels…

https://www.axios.com/2022/11/29/oil...ine-war-levels

https://www.fox4news.com/news/gas-pr...-credit-for-it

Old 12-01-2022, 08:49 AM

8,154 posts, read 3,682,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
What have I ever done to give you the impression that I give a s**t about educating you or answering your lame little lawyerly questions? Run along and sprinkle emojis below someone else's quotes.
No answer, that's what I expected.

P.S. You are not qualified to educate me in anything.

Old 12-01-2022, 08:58 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,730,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Jake Broe posted some comments from Russian State Media. These Russian savages see attacking civilian infrastructures as a military strategy. They talked about creating more refugee crisis for Europe and to eventually empty Ukraine of her people.

Facking animals. Yes, they are terrorists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMQro2ABoA4
Militarily Russia takes meters...Ukraine takes villages....Ukraine has cultivated a world class NCO based command structure and their military is fighting a conventional war...Russia functions on an old outdated incompetent Soviet style command structure and flagrantly commits War Crimes many that are being documented as Genocide.

3/4 of the American people support continuing aide to Ukraine and that support will continue to be reflected in congress. Support for Ukraine is actually increasing in western Europe in countries like Germany. Russia believes if it commits enough war crimes it will break the will of the Ukrainian people and diminish global support....nothing could be further from the truth. The only thing Russia is doing is infuriating the civilized world and deepening its resolve to rid this planet of this plague called Putin's Russia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies