Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2022, 09:55 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Why isn't the Pelosi home better protected? Breaking that back window should have triggered the alarm system and an automatic call to the police. Why didn't that happen? Was the security system turned off? If so, why?
People sometimes forget to set their alarms when they come home. Just spit balling. Not every little detail has a sinister reason.

Old 10-29-2022, 09:56 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeAZguy View Post
He's a criminal. All of them are.

I would have been just as pleased if this was Donald Trump or Mitch McConnell. They all deserve it and much worse.
Paul Pelosi isn't a politician.

Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
Pelosi second in line for the Presidency? No that can't be. VP Kamala Harris takes his place if he retires or passes away.
Harris is first in line, and Pelosi is second.

17,426 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
True on all counts. Both sides lie and gossip about the other side. It, of course, does not make it right and I hate it. I really hate when one side only thinks the other side lies.

People here are expecting a homeless, drug addict with far out beliefs who breaks into a house with a hammer in his underwear to act with logic and reason. Pretty silly of them.

I'm going to need a link to an official source for that

"Someone" could have been Mr. Pelosi. It seems odd that the police would know there was a third person there -- housekeeper, drug lord, Santa Claus, who knows? -- and not mention it.

Seems odd that the police wouldn't say it was Pelosi who opened the door.

So what you're saying is that Pelosi turned his back on the nearly naked lunatic, walked to the door, opened it for the cops, and then went back and stood next to the underwear clad Depape?

Old 10-29-2022, 09:59 AM

17,426 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I read another news account and they named an “unknown person” as opening the door.

That comes directly from the mouth of the Chief of Police at the press conference last night:

"When the officers arrived and knocked on the front door of the residence this morning, the door was opened by someone inside. And thru the open door the officers observed Mr Pelosi and Mr DePape"

Old 10-29-2022, 09:59 AM

2,666 posts, read 1,189,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Harris is first in line, and Pelosi is second.
Oh ok thank you that makes more sense.

Old 10-29-2022, 10:02 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,153,249 times
Quote:

So what you're saying is that Pelosi turned his back on the nearly naked lunatic, walked to the door, opened it for the cops, and then went back and stood next to the underwear clad Depape?
Perhaps DePape opened the door and then stepped back toward Mr. Pelosi, wrested the hammer from him, and began hitting him over the head in front of the police as they were trying to assess what was happening. It was 2:30 in the morning, so it was dark, and there was confusion. I don't know why this is such a source of controversy. You all have been watching too many episodes of CSI.

Old 10-29-2022, 10:03 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
I dont think Ive heard yet exactly HOW he got in the house. Im seeing where he's being charged with assault, but not breaking and entering. There has to have been an alarm system at the house, which wouldnt have been activated had he been let in. Trying to connect the dots has been difficult with this one.
The DA expects to charge him, along with a string of other felonies, "burglary". Which is defined as entering a home illegally with the intent to commit a crime.

https://apnews.com/article/californi...0e57e1c7dd4f10

Old 10-29-2022, 10:03 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I read another news account and they named an “unknown person” as opening the door.
Right. Because no one has said who opened the door, so they are unknown. It could have been Mr. Pelosi.

Quote:

Again, the police said they do not know who opened the door. That does not necessarily mean there was a third person in there. I think we will eventually find out for sure and all this speculation is kinda silly.

As far as Mr. Pelosi's actions, we have not beeen told what happened in the second the police opened the door. We do not know what happened, but we do know he had the smarts to call 911 and talk in code. Anything else I could add here would be speculation

Old 10-29-2022, 10:04 AM

616 posts, read 341,782 times
I'll bet my mortgage payment that there is home security video footage of EVERYTHING. Will show Paul's special male friend getting upset when Paul wants to cut off the relationship. Paul tries to deescalate him by saying Nancy is home. You know the rest of the script.

You know the old saying, when the cat is away the mouse will play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies