Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2014, 01:02 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,090,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Gibson's Pants View Post
What you linked there is, hands down, the best "game" site out there...Chateau Heartiste.
Yep. Ladies (and gents) GO TO THAT SITE and just browse around. Read the kind of stuff this guy espouses. Misogyny, sexism, garbage. Women are worthless (insert insulting slang here) to this guy. We have no value to men unless we are young and beautiful and submissive and realize that MEN are superior and the master.

This is what we're dealing with. And plenty of Elliot Rodger types (as well as non-murderous counterparts) are lapping it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 01:45 PM

43 posts, read 40,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundofsilence82 View Post
I don't follow. Are you saying that you agree with me, or that you disagree with me?

I agree that asking out girls is the man's job, and that being scared of rejection is a bad thing. I also don't see what that has to do with Elliot Rodger. He didn't want to "date" women, he wanted a trophy, just someone to appear attracted to him so he would fit in.

It's actually insulting to those of us who desire relationships, and have a hard time getting one, comparing us to this guy. He didn't even try.

I take it, then, that you agree that a woman's place is in the home?

Because that is the flip side of the archaic gender role that you're pushing.

Old 07-01-2014, 01:50 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,880,599 times
Mel is kicking butt in this thread.

Meanwhile, I'll point out that 1) caring about looks doesn't make me (or any other guy) a jerk (not that I ever claimed to be a "nice guy") and 2) I don't have much empathy for women who dress unsexy because it's ineffective and linked to something I consider totally bizarre: not strongly wanting a relationship. Unfortunately, it seems there are large groups of both sexes that don't strongly want relationships, with the men thereof still usually wanting sex and many of the women content to sit out. Decades ago, society functioned better in part because those people were pressured into relationships, including dressing decently.

Also, I could care less whether strangers on the street are "eye candy." But lack of style in public usually goes with poor presentation in more important situations, with work the only daily situation where people usually look okay. If you think about it, affairs often start at work because people dress better there.

Edit: I noticed a "Great Debates" thread about sex-segregated schools and think that likely would help the harassed females and overly distracted males.

Last edited by goodheathen; 07-01-2014 at 02:02 PM..

Old 07-01-2014, 01:58 PM

43 posts, read 40,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
Look, buddy, I have read that blog. I read it, present tense. I'm not just some drive-by who saw one or two posts and got my panties in a bunch and got a "wrong impression."

Actually, I get the weekly digest subscription, just to see what they're up to. It is a vile, vile place. You're peddling their drivel in the wrong forum.

Like I said before, I don't subscribe to excessive political correctness, but this whole manosphere/Red Pill thing is complete hogwash. Complete.

What I've seen is guys who subscribe too much to it, who think that they can do "game" and bang every hottie in town, but at the same time look down their noses at (insert insulting slang for "loose woman"), even though in actuality these men are every bit as promiscuous as the women they condemn. And then these same guys wonder where are all the "good girls" and the "nice girls" and why are all women so crazy?

Look, some women are crazy, just like some men are crazy.

But the "good girls," the truly nice girls, are going to be thin on the ground because they are going to be turned off by the hypocrisy, the deep contempt for women, the manipulation, and the double standard that these guys live.

Haven't read your wall of text yet, but man, if you are going to preach that this particular blog is full of golden nuggets of wisdom, all I can say is . . . wow.
If it were complete hogwash, it wouldn't bother you nearly as much as it does. If it's complete hogwash, it's just a bunch of losers having a circle jerk. Why does that bother you?

Promiscuous men and promiscuous women are not the same thing. That is one of the PC/Feminist cultural lies you've bought into, so to say you are not PC is incorrect.

You are also incorrect that these strategies are only used to game women for sex. The Red Pill is also the best way to structure a successful LTR.

I'm not trying to sell anything, people are free to believe what they wish. I'm just standing in opposition to your characterization, which is false.

Do I deny that there is anger on sites like Heartiste? Absolutely not. There certainly is anger, and it's for 2 reasons:

1. When men have this realization, it is a very bitter pill. They're often coming out of relationships with terrible women, and they thought they were doing everything right. When they learn that every single thing they've been taught about dating, relationships, and women is a lie....damn right they're angry. But that phase is temporary.

2. Anger is the only acceptable emotion that a man may express in today's culture.

EDIT: Perhaps a more productive way to discuss this, Elvira, would be for you to pick one (1) maxim/nugget of wisdom out of the Heartiste site or his 16 Commandments of **** and take issue with it. "It's all hogwash" isn't an easy thing to discuss....take your pick.

~MGP

Last edited by Mel Gibson's Pants; 07-01-2014 at 02:06 PM..

Old 07-01-2014, 02:06 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundofsilence82 View Post
I don't follow. Are you saying that you agree with me, or that you disagree with me?

I agree that asking out girls is the man's job, and that being scared of rejection is a bad thing. I also don't see what that has to do with Elliot Rodger. He didn't want to "date" women, he wanted a trophy, just someone to appear attracted to him so he would fit in.

It's actually insulting to those of us who desire relationships, and have a hard time getting one, comparing us to this guy. He didn't even try.
Because if more girls approached guys and asked guys out he likely would have gotten laid and had gotten a girlfriend

Old 07-01-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
If it were complete hogwash, it wouldn't bother you nearly as much as it does. If it's complete hogwash, it's just a bunch of losers having a circle jerk. Why does that bother you?

Promiscuous men and promiscuous women are not the same thing. That is one of the PC/Feminist cultural lies you've bought into, so to say you are not PC is incorrect.

You are also incorrect that these strategies are only used to game women for sex. The Red Pill is also the best way to structure a successful LTR.

I'm not trying to sell anything, people are free to believe what they wish. I'm just standing in opposition to your characterization, which is false.

~MGP
It bothers me, because the techniqued are often used to manipulate young, vulnerable girls.

The double standard bothers me, because women have been putting up with that far too long.

It also encourages douchey behavior in men.

I'm on my phone and will have to resume this later. I'll let some of the other regulars of this thread take a gander at these wonderful sites thar you recommend. Especially take note of the Roosh link which gives a tutorial on how to cheat. Great wisdom for men, right there! Lol

Old 07-01-2014, 03:08 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,732,593 times
Quote:
DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER: The following will be generalizations and I don't want to hear the anecdotes that are the exception.

Lie #1: That women want an agreeable, emotionally open, sensitive guy who's not afraid to cry. NOT IN MY CASE
Lie #2: That women want to be treated as equals in a relationship. They mostly don't. They want a man to be a leader. Not a tyrant, mind you, but a leader. YES, I THINK MEN AND WOMEN, BOTH, NEED TO NOT BE SLUGS. THEY SHOULD BE ACTIVE AND INVOLVED.
Lie #3: That women are fundamentally good at heart, moreso than men, not capable of malignant behavior. MORE MEN FIGURE AMONG THE PSYCHO POPULATION, THAN WOMEN.
Lie #4: Now that women are self-sufficient and in the workplace, they want different things in a man. This is false. WRONG. WOMEN DO WANT MEN TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FAMILY, NOT CONTINUE TO BE LITTLE BOYS WITH MOMMY PULLING ALL THE FAMILY WEIGHT, COOKING, DIAPERING, CLEANING, ETC.

Without going too much further, basically they've been raised under the flawed ideology of Feminism AND Political Correctness, which is 100% at odds with biology and reality.
What do you think feminism is?

Old 07-01-2014, 03:08 PM

398 posts, read 471,059 times
I'm done.

Argue all you want, but this is a circle jerk. I'm through debating this, the people who need convincing won't change their opinions, and it's not in my best interest to try to.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:15 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,880,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Because if more girls approached guys and asked guys out he likely would have gotten laid and had gotten a girlfriend
As is said in the Relationships half-zoo, women do approach men, not just great-looking guys, but seldom overtly asking them out. I think it sort of happened to me this week (haha, I can just see women here getting annoyed at the idea of me being liked). I don't think it happened for Elliot Rodger and because he didn't meet local looks standards.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Sorry. I was raised with morals and common sense. If it's bad for a woman to sleep around, if this makes her a (insert sexist insult) then it's the same with men. These men have this idea that they can sleep around, but they are somehow "above" the same women that they use for sex. When it comes to a long term relationship, these same men are too good for the women that they have been using for sex. These men deserve something better. They want a non-promiscuous woman. Some want a virgin. They "deserve" this, because they are superior, even though they are equally promiscuous as the women they look down on and condemn.

This is complete horse manure.

Quote:
You know what? I'll just let everyone read those sites. They speak for themselves.

Quote:
Do I deny that there is anger on sites like Heartiste? Absolutely not. There certainly is anger, and it's for 2 reasons:

1. When men have this realization, it is a very bitter pill. They're often coming out of relationships with terrible women, and they thought they were doing everything right. When they learn that every single thing they've been taught about dating, relationships, and women is a lie....damn right they're angry. But that phase is temporary.
Some women are terrible, just as some men are terrible.

But a lot of the time, these men choose these women. They see the hot package and they get snared by the hot sex, and they don't look past that and then it's "oh no, poor me, she's so bad." She was as she always was.

It's the same when women choose bad boys, then complain because they're bad. Same thing. Only the way these men play the game, it's the woman's fault when these men choose her (and she's bad) and the man's a victim (naturally). But if a woman chooses a bad boy, it's the woman's fault for choosing him. Either way, it's always the woman's fault.

Quote:
2. Anger is the only acceptable emotion that a man may express in today's culture.

EDIT: Perhaps a more productive way to discuss this, Elvira, would be for you to pick one (1) maxim/nugget of wisdom out of the Heartiste site or his 16 Commandments of **** and take issue with it. "It's all hogwash" isn't an easy thing to discuss....take your pick.

~MGP
I already picked one. The 2/3rds. Make sure he only gives 2/3rds of what she gives. What a douche move. Selfishness, manipulation . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology