Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 03:45 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,937,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Not so. Though I'm shy, I've always been a little bolder than most women about going for what I want and I've finally come to the conclusion that if a man isn't asking me out, it's because he doesn't want to go out with me. I've also learned that if he doesn't reject my invitation, but he's not interested, it will become very obvious very soon and make for a most uncomfortable date and rejection would have been easier than slogging thru a date with a man who doesn't want to be with me.
This conclusions may not be accurate. Some men may be too shy to ask you out, even though they like you. Some may be afraid that you are out of their league and they assume that you would reject them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleharmonicmotion View Post
In the end, if he's not asking you out, he's not into you.
Not true ! Not true !

I know for a fact that I've been "into" many women and never asked them out because I was afraid of rejection.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecrack View Post
It is funny that you should mention ring. I know that's the first thing women check. I don't know about other men, but I almost always fail to check for ring (I think its a male thing).

Yes, I am better off without my ex. Every day that passes I feel more and more confident that I dodged a bullet by not marrying her.
I'm a male, and I always check for a ring when I'm into someone. Even the newswomen on TV.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:57 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
I'm a male, and I always check for a ring when I'm into someone. Even the newswomen on TV.
One of my male friends noticed my engagement ring before my girlfriends did! I guess ever since then I just expect all men to notice my rings and therefore know that I'm married with out me having to say anything. Well, that definitely has not been the case. Then again - even after I have told some men that I am married (or engaged or involved - as was the case previously) they were not deterred. Like I said - I'm a very outgoing, friendly, flirty woman - I know sometimes I might accidentally send out "signals" unintentionally.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
One of my male friends noticed my engagement ring before my girlfriends did! I guess ever since then I just expect all men to notice my rings and therefore know that I'm married with out me having to say anything. Well, that definitely has not been the case. Then again - even after I have told some men that I am married (or engaged or involved - as was the case previously) they were not deterred. Like I said - I'm a very outgoing, friendly, flirty woman - I know sometimes I might accidentally send out "signals" unintentionally.
I guess some of them noticed the ring, but didn't care. They must have thought that they were such a great catch that you'd have an affair with them.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:03 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
I guess some of them noticed the ring, but didn't care. They must have thought that they were such a great catch that you'd have an affair with them.
I don't think it was that I was such a great catch... I think they were thinking more in terms of the short term! When I told them I was married - some of them said, "I don't care!" And I said - "Well, I do!!!"

Old 06-30-2011, 04:05 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
I throw cactus needles at them and when they go "ouch," I'm there to "help"!

Old 06-30-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I don't think it was that I was such a great catch... I think they were thinking more in terms of the short term! When I told them I was married - some of them said, "I don't care!" And I said - "Well, I do!!!"

Oh, no, they probably thought they were such a great catch that you'd risk everything to be with them. They were not correct.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:36 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Any man would be crazy to turn you down, your profile picture is beautiful

Too bad I aren't in CA
Oh, Dave, that's so sweet. You're very handsome yourself...too bad I aren't in NZ...lol.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:59 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
Quote:
This conclusions may not be accurate. Some men may be too shy to ask you out, even though they like you. Some may be afraid that you are out of their league and they assume that you would reject them.
Right, that's what I was hoping when I then asked them out but then I've been turned down, so I'd say that's pretty much a huge clue that they weren't into me. Even with my great beauty and sophistication, some men just aren't into me. Imagine! So, as you can see, even with being rejected, my self esteem is still intact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships