Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 09:13 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,632,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Look at him a lot and smile sometimes but mainly just always catching his eye. If he's shy you may have to look more. Or, just hit him over the head and drag him home--whichever is your style.
It might be a good idea for you to join a bowling league. We've had great FUns on a Lake Tahoe, & a Reno league. We made a lot of new friends. It would be a casual atmosphere for you to meet & talk to guys/ make friends. Might progress to dating. I've seen many couples begin friendships/dating from the bowling lanes beginning.

Best of Luck to you, hon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 10:38 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Exactly. Women proclaim they can do everything a man does and we can see women in politics, leading a country, leading a company, representing a country in sports, in the military, pursuing a career, etc. but when it comes to relationships they are not brave enough to take the initiative, ask a stranger out, etc.

"What if I get rejected?...What if I get my feelings hurt because he said no?...What if people find out that he didn't accept to go out with me?..." come on, if men can deal with it then you can deal with it too. Shake the dust off and move on.
But women have feelings. Men don't get their feelings hurt.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:14 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,032,384 times
Tell him you think RUSH is cool and that you want to meet Steve Howe and that you were sad when Ronnie James Dio died. One of the three should work.

Old 07-01-2011, 04:18 PM

406 posts, read 580,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
but women have feelings. Men don't get their feelings hurt.

lol

Old 07-01-2011, 06:54 PM

37 posts, read 60,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
But women have feelings. Men don't get their feelings hurt.
I see! Let me jot that down so I can remind myself of this fact.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:40 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,793,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
It might be a good idea for you to join a bowling league. We've had great FUns on a Lake Tahoe, & a Reno league. We made a lot of new friends. It would be a casual atmosphere for you to meet & talk to guys/ make friends. Might progress to dating. I've seen many couples begin friendships/dating from the bowling lanes beginning.

Best of Luck to you, hon.
Ya know Hawk, you may have something there. I've always steered away from it b/c it had too much the flavor of middle aged Fred Flintstone to me, but now that I'm older than he probably was, well. . . maybe. Lord I wouldn't know how to get started though. Do you just go? Like, by yourself? I don't know anyone who bowls. I might get rejected. Waaahhh!

Old 07-02-2011, 08:26 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,632,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Ya know Hawk, you may have something there. I've always steered away from it b/c it had too much the flavor of middle aged Fred Flintstone to me, but now that I'm older than he probably was, well. . . maybe. Lord I wouldn't know how to get started though. Do you just go? Like, by yourself? I don't know anyone who bowls. I might get rejected. Waaahhh!

You can google your area to see if any local bowling centers have a website, or call them.

See what leagues they offer, what days/times you bowl.

Find out what times 'Open Bowling' isn't too crowded. Bowl a few games to start, see how you like it. (preferably with a friend) (but by yourself is ok too). Practice is good, to get proficient at it. It's a FUn game.

Ask bowling center personnel any ?? you have.

You can rent shoes. They have house ball's you can use. Find one the weight & hole position you feel comfortable with.

Have you ever bowled before? It sounds like maybe, you haven't.

Ask if there is a beginners league. Or a beginners bowling class.

Where we went there was also pool tables, darts, shuffleboard table, arcade. (lots of Fun).

Above All, have FUns.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:21 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,337,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecrack View Post
My question directed at women. But men can also share the signals you received from women that gave you the courage to make a move and ask her out.

My other question to women is if you like to be asked out unsolicited or would you rather send a signal that shows your interest beforehand?
Why should you have to wait for any kind of signals? Go for what you like. When you buy a car do you wait for the right signal to see if the car will like you? When you are at your favorite eating establishment do you tell the wait staff that you want to get a signal from the food before you make your move and choose what you will eat? Your question amazes me. I guess that I learned this lesson a long time ago. When i was in my early 20's I knew this very hot girl that none of us guys seemed to ever ask out. You know the kind, out of our league, what ever that means. A new guy to our group of friends noticed that no one was asking her out so he did, he made his move and not only did they date for a while they ended up getting married. We were all friends so I asked him why he felt comfortable asking her out. His responce was that he liked her but wanted to see first if any of the other guys were dating her or at least chummy with her. He said it amazed him that no one was dating her so he asked her out. Turns out that she had all kinds of time on her hands because no one had asked her out.

What I am saying is to do the same, ask the question. Maybe its just lunch if its a co-worker. Maybe something else. Just ask someone out and forget the signals. Or better yet use these as signals, if she says yes then that is a signal that she wants to go out with you. If she says no then that is a signal that she doesn't. Also need to find out if the no means for that specific date or all dates.

Another rule, don't obsess on a single girl. Their are what around 7 billion people on the earth. I am betting a lot of them would love to go out with you. Do ask the girls that interest you and are available, meaning try for the girls who are single.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:33 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,337,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Youre right. I just don't know how to do that. Maybe I should just try asking for once. But how do I not psyche myself out with the rejection possibility?
Good point. Another rule for the guys. Many women are out there that want to date but are expecting you guys to ask them out. They are scared as well, not all of them, but plenty of them are scared as well. I would bet that a lot of women will be happy that you ask them out on a date. That makes it easier for them to not have to ask you out on a date.

Here is another rule. Don't ask the woman out untill you have made an effort to talk to them for a while. Make the date a common interest or a way to keep the conversation going. Lets say that you are talking to someone and love what they have to say, I know its listening and we men have a problem with that sometimes. Still lets say that you did listen to the woman you are interested in and find out that she loves history and politics. That would be easy for me because i would invite her to go to the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and take one of the tours. For one it shows that you listen, and two it is an easy date to get to know someone a little better. Be creative for your area and be interesting. People love to be around interesting people.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:56 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,793,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
. When i was in my early 20's I knew this very hot girl that none of us guys seemed to ever ask out. You know the kind, out of our league, what ever that means. A new guy to our group of friends noticed that no one was asking her out so he did, he made his move and not only did they date for a while they ended up getting married. We were all friends so I asked him why he felt comfortable asking her out. His responce was that he liked her but wanted to see first if any of the other guys were dating her or at least chummy with her. He said it amazed him that no one was dating her so he asked her out. Turns out that she had all kinds of time on her hands because no one had asked her out.
Oh joy I'm using that one. Like, if a man isn't interested in me I protect my fragile ego by telling myself that he's 1.gay or 2.in a relationship. Now I have 3. I'm so bee-yoo-tiful that men are afraid to ask me out. Mm hmm, I'm sticking with that one, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships