Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 11:35 PM

37 posts, read 60,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
One of my male friends noticed my engagement ring before my girlfriends did! I guess ever since then I just expect all men to notice my rings and therefore know that I'm married with out me having to say anything. Well, that definitely has not been the case. Then again - even after I have told some men that I am married (or engaged or involved - as was the case previously) they were not deterred. Like I said - I'm a very outgoing, friendly, flirty woman - I know sometimes I might accidentally send out "signals" unintentionally.
A lot of men do not care about a woman's marital status. They are not relationship seekers. There are also a lot of women who are actually more attracted to married men than they are to single men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 11:45 PM

37 posts, read 60,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
Oh, Dave, that's so sweet. You're very handsome yourself...too bad I aren't in NZ...lol.
Why don't you guys meet halfway in Hawaii or something.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:45 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,650,093 times
I dont give any signals. If he wants to ask me out then he'll ask me out. No waiting involved. Well, waiting on a guy to get the guts to ask that is.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:01 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,200,258 times
Why should *he* have to ask *you*? If you send no signals that you're interested, he just.. won't do it (if he can read signals, that is. If he can't, it makes no different.)

Lots of girls complain that a guy won't ask them out, and they forget that we basically communicate in different ways. Subtle hinting and signals and difficulty deciphering it is a well-known problem. be proactive and ask him for once, he probably would be very pleasantly surprised.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:09 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,650,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Why should *he* have to ask *you*? If you send no signals that you're interested, he just.. won't do it (if he can read signals, that is. If he can't, it makes no different.)

Lots of girls complain that a guy won't ask them out, and they forget that we basically communicate in different ways. Subtle hinting and signals and difficulty deciphering it is a well-known problem. be proactive and ask him for once, he probably would be very pleasantly surprised.
Youre right. I just don't know how to do that. Maybe I should just try asking for once. But how do I not psyche myself out with the rejection possibility?

Old 07-01-2011, 12:14 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,200,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Youre right. I just don't know how to do that. Maybe I should just try asking for once. But how do I not psyche myself out with the rejection possibility?
Millions of men face that.. every day. Seriously.

That's something I still haven't figured out a clear answer for myself, so I'm honestly no help there.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:26 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,393,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecrack View Post
My question directed at women. But men can also share the signals you received from women that gave you the courage to make a move and ask her out.

My other question to women is if you like to be asked out unsolicited or would you rather send a signal that shows your interest beforehand?
Usually just eye contact and a smile is all it takes, but really, who the hell needs a signal? If you're interested in someone, approach her for God's sake. The worst that she can do is say "no."

Old 07-01-2011, 08:21 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,805,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Millions of men wonder about the same thing every day, so be kind because there's not a special gene they have that makes them more immune to rejection.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:49 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,140,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
This is probably true.

They hang on to the douche bag till they snag another unsuspecting guy. As soon as they get a bite from the new guy they dump the DB and swing to the new guy. They will address to the new guy they dumped their boyfriend in hopes the new guy will accept and ask her out.

It is kinda like a well-arranged high wire act. Swinging with one swing and when the new guy comes along her arms are out and as soon as he gives the signal with his arms out as he swings saying he will catch her she lets go of the old swing right on through the air to the new one.

Pretty slick till the new guy backs out at the last minute. Hopefully not while she is in midair.
Hey, they say not to burn your bridges until you've crossed them.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:12 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Millions of men wonder about the same thing every day, so be kind because there's not a special gene they have that makes them more immune to rejection.
Exactly. Women proclaim they can do everything a man does and we can see women in politics, leading a country, leading a company, representing a country in sports, in the military, pursuing a career, etc. but when it comes to relationships they are not brave enough to take the initiative, ask a stranger out, etc.

"What if I get rejected?...What if I get my feelings hurt because he said no?...What if people find out that he didn't accept to go out with me?..." come on, if men can deal with it then you can deal with it too. Shake the dust off and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships