Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 08:28 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
But most of all don't be scared of rejection. As a rule men never reject a woman's advances.
Not so. Though I'm shy, I've always been a little bolder than most women about going for what I want and I've finally come to the conclusion that if a man isn't asking me out, it's because he doesn't want to go out with me. I've also learned that if he doesn't reject my invitation, but he's not interested, it will become very obvious very soon and make for a most uncomfortable date and rejection would have been easier than slogging thru a date with a man who doesn't want to be with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 09:18 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Not so. Though I'm shy, I've always been a little bolder than most women about going for what I want and I've finally come to the conclusion that if a man isn't asking me out, it's because he doesn't want to go out with me. I've also learned that if he doesn't reject my invitation, but he's not interested, it will become very obvious very soon and make for a most uncomfortable date and rejection would have been easier than slogging thru a date with a man who doesn't want to be with me.
You do know this goes both ways, right?

Old 06-29-2011, 10:12 AM

47 posts, read 104,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
You do know this goes both ways, right?
Men though it out better though!

I think no one likes rejection; this is why we tiptoe around each other, look for signals, take one step forward, look for another signal take another step forward.

What is important to me is remaining dignified at all times. I don't know why, but keeping my dignity is important to me.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:29 AM

406 posts, read 580,595 times
Just for the record, a lot of women ignore the guy they like. And just because a woman flirts and laughs at everything you say, doesn't mean she's into you. I had a girl show every classic sign of interest only to find out she had a boyfriend(which didn't come from her).

Old 06-29-2011, 10:34 AM

47 posts, read 104,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin070388 View Post
Just for the record, a lot of women ignore the guy they like. And just because a woman flirts and laughs at everything you say, doesn't mean she's into you. I had a girl show every classic sign of interest only to find out she had a boyfriend(which didn't come from her).
Yes..you gotta watch out for these. They are called attention seekers. They do this to feel validated. My ex was like that..which is the reason she is an ex.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecrack View Post
Yes..you gotta watch out for these. They are called attention seekers. They do this to feel validated. My ex was like that..which is the reason she is an ex.

Yep. And she was a porker too. Nice girl otherwise, but once I learned she had a boyfriend, it was obvious she was looking for attention. The girl that's into you may be the one that never talks to you or looks in your direction.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:41 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecrack View Post
Just for the record - not all women do this on purpose. I have accidentally done this on many occassions. I'm a very friendly and outgoing person and sometimes guys can misread me. I'm also very friendly and outgoing with women - so it's not like I'm trying to mislead people. Sometimes I forget that new people don't know that I'm married (or have a boyfriend back when I wasn't married) and I don't pick up on the signs that they are into me until it's too late! Once I was thinking that my friend might like this guy I just met - so I was trying to get to know a bit about him. The next day, he called me to ask me out. Oops!
I'm very comfortable with myself and very comfortable talking with new people. I like to laugh and joke a lot. It's not necessarily an attention seeking thing - I like to have a good time! My husband and all my other boyfriends have all been okay with this because it's just part of who I am. One of my boyfriends said I was "oblivious" - and he could be right. But all I know is that I've never meant to lead anyone on.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Yep. And she was a porker too. Nice girl otherwise, but once I learned she had a boyfriend, it was obvious she was looking for attention. The girl that's into you may be the one that never talks to you or looks in your direction.
What a classy thing to say.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
What a classy thing to say.

I didn't say it to her. My guess is she wanted some attention from a good looking guy. Hell, she even told me she's fat. No idea why, but it certainly didn't come from me. Once I found out she had a boyfriend, I didn't bother talking to her unless she spoke to me.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
I didn't say it to her. My guess is she wanted some attention from a good looking guy. Hell, she even told me she's fat. No idea why, but it certainly didn't come from me. Once I found out she had a boyfriend, I didn't bother talking to her unless she spoke to me.
Why even mention it? It makes you sound like one of those guys that hits on a girl - and when she turns him down - says something like - You're ugly anyway.

Stay classy and keep comments like those to yourself. Or better yet - don't think them in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships