Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 10:12 AM

3,004 posts, read 6,275,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyNewGuy View Post
Well, I am on a cycle of anabolic steroids right now. It's not my first and I never had this reaction before. I thought of that already, but I see nothing resembling this in any of the anabolic steroids/bodybuilding forums.

No, I don't believe she's "too good" for me. I just want her. I want her next to me, I want to just look at her, I want to make love to her, I want to see her smile, I want to sppon her at night ..

I swear, it's just like a new romance or something.
Again, I'm no doctor but...

I would say that we're on to something.

Lexicon of Psychiatry, Neurology, and the Neurosciences - Frank J. Ayd - Google Books
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 10:16 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,576,568 times
Quote:
Well, I am on a cycle of anabolic steroids right now. It's not my first and I never had this reaction before. I thought of that already, but I see nothing resembling this in any of the anabolic steroids/bodybuilding forums.

No, I don't believe she's "too good" for me. I just want her. I want her next to me, I want to just look at her, I want to make love to her, I want to see her smile, I want to sppon her at night ..

I swear, it's just like a new romance or something.
Steroids increase libido so much that some users would be willing to **** an animal because they are so horny. That might explain your issue.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:25 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
Isn't that the way it should be with a couple? You two should be best friends and have the desire to be around each other all the time. I say good for you. Nothing wrong here and maybe the world could use more of what you have. I bet your wife loves every minute of it. Yes I would rush to tell her how you feel and what you have been feeling lately. From what I hear women love to here that sort of thing, I know my wife loves it when I tell her my feelings.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:29 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,993,273 times
My DH got this way at one point in our marriage. It was about 10 years in, I think. I sort of liked it, but after awhile it got to be too much, so I told him to give me some space.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:31 AM

93 posts, read 146,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
My DH got this way at one point in our marriage. It was about 10 years in, I think. I sort of liked it, but after awhile it got to be too much, so I told him to give me some space.
Yeah, that's what I don't want to do. How long did it take before you started getting sick of it?

Old 08-07-2012, 10:44 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Yeah, actually it does sound crazy. I don't know if this is a chemical issue or what. I feel like I can't get enough of her. In the past if we were sitting on the couch together, I'd be happy to be sitting next to her but not holding hands or anything. Now I want her leaning up against me. I want to hold her hand. I just want to feel her next to me.

I want to have sex with her all the time, but it's not just that. I want to have her up close to me as we're lying in bed just so I can feel her skin against mine.

I know she's been enjoying it. But at some point she probably won't care for it too much. Then I texted that I missed her. At that point I wondered if I'm going overboard. I feel now like I need to be careful not to smother her. So I haven't texted or spoken to her all day despite a burning urge to do so. This feels a bit disturbing because I feel ultra vulnerable now.

WTF is wrong with me? Have you guys gone through this? I googled, but all I could find is people asking how to get a spouse to fall in love again - presumably because they can't stand each other.
Only on C-D would someone ask if it's OK to be in love with their wife. This is what a devoted partnership looks like. This is how those couples you read about who have maintained the spark for years, decades even, behave. This is what a successful happy marriage that will probably last a lifetime works. She's probably giddy with all the snuggly loving attention. So ... where's the problem, except in your strangely insecure mind? You and your wife are very fortunate. Enjoy. Wallow in it. Unless she's some kind of cold fish, she's probably eating this up, and may be thinking she's the luckiest person on earth. Unless there's something you're not telling us. This is very sweet, it's nice to see a happy success story on C-D, instead of the usual complaints, misogyny, bitterness, etc. Thanks for making my day.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 08-07-2012 at 10:55 AM..

Old 08-07-2012, 10:48 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I may be the odd person out, but I would find it strange if my husband did this after 20 years. I would want to know what happened to cause it.
Me too. It would depend on if he was not affectionate and has done an about-face, or if he's always been affectionate, he just feels that way even more now. It's nice to be loved, to have it shown, demonstrated, said, but too much could be suffocating for some. Only he would know if his wife is the type that would appreciate it or be overwhelmed by it.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Me too. It would depend on if he was not affectionate and has done an about-face, or if he's always been affectionate, he just feels that way even more now. It's nice to be loved, to have it shown, demonstrated, said, but too much could be suffocating for some. Only he would know if his wife is the type that would appreciate it or be overwhelmed by it.
If she asked me what happened to cause it .. I'd be at a loss for an explanation.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:04 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
If she asked me what happened to cause it .. I'd be at a loss for an explanation.
So just do it gradually. It would help if you worked on deepening your emotional connection with her as well.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
So just do it gradually. It would help if you worked on deepening your emotional connection with her as well.
Maybe you just answered my question. One thing that has been different is that the kids were gone for 2 weeks and it was just her and I. We went out to eat all the time to nice places, had wine, walked the city (we live in Paris). And of course, we had lots of carefree sex since there was nobody who could hear us. And during that whole time, she never got annoyed or naggy with me. Not once.

I just got to enjoy being with her all over again. I just wanted more of her as time went on. Maybe that's what happened ..

It's the only thing I can think of right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships