Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2014, 11:01 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,952,281 times

Advertisements

It's been more than a year since I first posted this topic.

What fun, and yet how poignant it was to read all the responses!

I want to thank everyone - from the bottom of my heart - for your input and sharing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 06:16 AM

323 posts, read 308,584 times
You can call it giving up if you want, and I'm sure that some people will. Once my last relationship ended, and I started trying to do the dating thing again, I stumbled across some things online that changed my life. As I started reading more and more about the nature and psychology of women, I was first shocked and horrified, and then I had a "Eureka!" moment where suddenly everything I'd seen and experienced in life up until that point finally made sense.

Since August of 2013, there have only been two times that I have talked to a female that wasn't related to me or a store clerk, bartender, or waitress on purpose, and one of them I've known since freshman year of high school so she doesn't really count. The other, as soon as I started I wished I hadn't bothered.

The quality of my life has improved exponentially since I eliminated females from it. Since April of 2013 the only stress I've had has been related to getting enough money saved up for a quite-likely layoff for a few months this past winter, waiting to hear back from an apartment complex that I put in an app for, and dealing with the starter going out on my car.

The freedom to do what I want, when I want, how I want, beats any experience I've ever had that involved a female.

And with how rampant false and/or revenge accusations are, combined with the fact that I live in a common-law state, and the fact that yet again I have a job where when women hear where I work their eyes light up with dollar signs, the best way to safeguard my future is to keep them out of my life. Failing that, there are always fake names and disposable cell phones. But that's a lot of effort for little to no return. Time and money I could spend on fishing, hunting/shooting, four-wheelers, jet skis, boats, all kinds of good stuff.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:29 AM

443 posts, read 565,241 times
I am not looking for 'love'. I dont think this over idealized cultural myth even exists! You hear about all you life, even before you can date, and then without any real knowledge or tools, you're expected to bump into Mr. or Miss Right!
I did marry, have children and then my spouse died. A normal marriage to be sure, but no earth shaking coming together of 2 soul mates--another over used term. So now I am happy to be on my own, answerable to nobody, a complete person--not half of a couple. Finding and then maintaining a great Love just seems like too much work.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:30 AM

639 posts, read 679,166 times
Never Give Up...

Old 05-23-2014, 07:37 AM

734 posts, read 1,082,766 times
I have....I don't know if it's because of how I look or if it's because I have big boobs or what, but every guy I meet just wants to "hit it". I don't even carry myself like a ho or a "thot". I just don't get it. I am done.

Old 05-23-2014, 04:55 PM

708 posts, read 1,060,814 times
I just got a rep off my response to this thread from July. What is funny is I am now friends with a woman who kinda feels the same way I do. We go out and hang out and keep each other company. Nothing serious, but it is nice to have a friend who is a female. We do make each other less lonely.

Old 05-23-2014, 05:01 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,727,352 times
Nope....

Can't give up on something I have never had.

Old 05-23-2014, 05:06 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,195,242 times
I never experienced it. But I don't think it'll happen. Merely a fantasy for now. So, I guess I kind of have. All the guys I liked didn't feel the same. And the attention I get is from guys I am not interested in, or that are no good.

So, only man I have now in my current infatuation.

Old 05-23-2014, 05:21 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Nah, I'm going to bang the mailman.

Old 05-23-2014, 05:59 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,593,335 times
No I've never given up. at times when I've been disappointed or smitten, sure it's crossed my mind. you never really give up, you just become resentful and maybe a little bitter and angry. I don't think you can give up on wanting love, nut you can put it on hold. When I was Seattle, there was a girl who was no damn good, but she got me caught up bad It took awhile to get over that. After that I really had to take a step back and evaluate the women I was allowing myself to deal with. And if I had a choice would I really choose that type of woman? The real answer was no, but I felt Ice indulge her because my stuff wasn't together. sure I had the money and the career, but I was letting money carry me out in the dating game. I left Seattle for California and started getting myself together more. Now that I'm Philly, I'm making myself more presentable for women when I do decide to get back in the dating game
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships