Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2023, 01:03 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,971,833 times

Advertisements

Sorry for your loss Chow and Sea..
Happy Mother’s Day moms! Here we celebrate Mom’s Day on May 29th, but this year “ Fête des Mères “ will be celebrated on Sunday, June 4th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2023, 03:23 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Thank you, everyone. I'm trying to celebrate today more than mourn. She was the absolute best. (And I hope this doesn't bring everyone's Mother's Day down.)

Fleetiebelle, I'm so sorry about your mom. Please let me know if I can ever help, with support, advice, anything like that.
Thanks so much, Sea! I'm glad you can remember the good times with your mom. I talked to my Mom for about a half an hour yesterday, which means we had the same conversation 5 or 6 times

Old 05-15-2023, 05:04 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,255,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Sorry for your loss Chow and Sea..
Happy Mother’s Day moms! Here we celebrate Mom’s Day on May 29th, but this year “ Fête des Mères “ will be celebrated on Sunday, June 4th.
Thank you very much, Sydney. Enjoy your day(s)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Thanks so much, Sea! I'm glad you can remember the good times with your mom.
I just feel like it's the best way to honor her. And I know that's what she would want (my happiness).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I talked to my Mom for about a half an hour yesterday, which means we had the same conversation 5 or 6 times
Lol, yeah, it's kind of scary.

I'm sure you've probably read up on it (tons of stuff online), but I thought I would mention "sundowner syndrome." It helps to be aware of that. Also, keeping familiar routines is important.

Another way of getting through it was, I always tried to remind myself that my mom had always loved me and that she wouldn't want me to feel this pain. Of course that isn't entirely possible, but it did help a lot. After she got to a certain point, she seemed very content, and that was a great relief to me. The overall situation was incredibly sad, but I was glad it was only hurting me at that point and not her. I know it sounds like I'm trying to martyr myself here, but that's exactly how I felt, and it made me feel better.

Anyway, I do wish you and your family the best of luck with this.

Old 05-15-2023, 05:20 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
SeaOfGrass&Chow,
I am so very sorry that your beloved Mom has passed on.

I think she is up in heaven having some fun with friends she now has. My beloved Mom & Sis are there also.
Bless You (((hugs))).

Old 05-15-2023, 05:27 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,191 times
Sea & Chow:

You have my sincere sympathy. She sounds like she was a wonderful woman, so I hope you have many good memories to help through the tears and eventually make you smile. Those of us with wonderful moms are certainly lucky.

BIG HUGS

Old 05-16-2023, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
SeaOfGrass&Chow,
I am so very sorry that your beloved Mom has passed on.

I think she is up in heaven having some fun with friends she now has. My beloved Mom & Sis are there also.
Bless You (((hugs))).
Thank you, Hawk. Maybe they've met?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Sea & Chow:

You have my sincere sympathy. She sounds like she was a wonderful woman, so I hope you have many good memories to help through the tears and eventually make you smile. Those of us with wonderful moms are certainly lucky.

BIG HUGS
I appreciate it, meta. We have so many good memories. She was so fun. And, yes, I realize how lucky I was, and still am, to have had a mom like her.

Old 05-16-2023, 01:52 PM

I just wanted to say one last thing. I forgot to mention that on Mother's Day, Chow brought home flowers in honor of my mom (he even remembered her favorites). Totally surprised me.

Okay. That's all. lol

Old 05-17-2023, 01:10 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:
I just wanted to say one last thing. I forgot to mention that on Mother's Day, Chow brought home flowers in honor of my mom (he even remembered her favorites). Totally surprised me.

Okay. That's all. lol
That's very nice & thoughtful...

Carnations are one of the favorites for my mom & my wife, cuz they smell so good.
Often, some folks would sell them fresh, on the side of country roads, where i stopped for some.

Old 05-17-2023, 01:22 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,265 times
Good man, Chow.

To both of you, SeaOfGrass and Chow, I'm sorry for your loss.

Old 05-18-2023, 01:37 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,713,279 times
Quote:

Okay. That's all. lol
I love this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships