Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2017, 01:46 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,281,217 times

Advertisements

People are bending themselves into pretzels to justify this.

If she is not a racist, why would she still have the tattoo, years later?

That's not something that you forget. It's on her body.

So she either is:

a. A racist
b. A person with an extreme lack of awareness.
c. A person without any money.
d. A person who has money, but decided over the years to spend it on other things other than removing the tattoo.
d. An airhead who somehow forgot that she had a swastika on her lower back.

None of these are appealing to me, but I guess some people would date anyone.

Old 02-06-2017, 03:04 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,743,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post

So she either is:

a. A racist
d. A person who has money, but decided over the years to spend it on other things other than removing the tattoo.

This definitely needs a conversation OP! Those views are significant in the type of person she was, is and will be in the future!!

Old 02-06-2017, 04:19 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,988,136 times
Quote:

So she either is:

a. A racist

she probably

a. was a racist aka dumb kid
b. didn't care as many kids do
c. not a person who has $1-2k laying around for a removal
d. see c
d again. it is covered on the back and people usually don't see it, sooooo ....easy to forget or not care.

I got a stupid tattoo when I was 18 (not offensive, just stupid) because at that age I didn't give a crap and if it wasn't on a spot where everybody can see it, I would still have it despite it looking dumb.

Old 02-06-2017, 04:31 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,374,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
she probably

d. see c
d again. it is covered on the back and people usually don't see it, sooooo ....easy to forget or not care.

I got a stupid tattoo when I was 18 (not offensive, just stupid) because at that age I didn't give a crap and if it wasn't on a spot where everybody can see it, I would still have it despite it looking dumb.
Occam's razor would suggest she was a Neo-Nazi during her teen years, and very likely still flirts with this ideology in some form or fashion. And c'mon, a swastika is not an ordinary tattoo one gets during their drunken youth. I got a tribal tattoo at 16, and though it's certainly not a favorite of the 24 tattoos I have, I'm certainly not having it removed. If I were a recovering hatemonger, extremist, white supremacist, etc., who had a universally recognized hate symbol tattooed on my body, I'd absolutely make a concerted effort to have it removed.

Old 02-06-2017, 04:56 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,281,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
she probably

d. see c

Another pretzel.

A swastika is not 'dumb' it is offensive and everyone who sees it knows its meaning. Your example of a benign tattoo is not even close to the same thing.

If she doesn't care that people will see it and think she is a racist, then well... lack of awareness comes into play. Lack of common sense, too.

She had years to come up with 1 to 2 k. Again she has no money or she prioritized other things.

People actually forget that they have tattoos? That's...well, stupid.

So, thanks for proving that my list is valid. Your list is...well, you tried. I can give you that.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:25 PM

602 posts, read 396,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOfMs View Post
All advice is not equal.
And I'm sure you think yours is better somehow?

Old 02-06-2017, 05:30 PM

602 posts, read 396,288 times
Quote:
Another pretzel.

A swastika is not 'dumb' it is offensive and everyone who sees it knows its meaning. Your example of a benign tattoo is not even close to the same thing.

If she doesn't care that people will see it and think she is a racist, then well... lack of awareness comes into play. Lack of common sense, too.

She had years to come up with 1 to 2 k. Again she has no money or she prioritized other things.

So, thanks for proving that my list is valid. Your list is...well, you tried. I can give you that.
100% this. As a person of color, it's immediately game over if I found out a guy I was seeing had a swastika tattoo. Any explanation would be disregarded.

I'm starting to have second thoughts about the people making excuses for this woman too....

Old 02-06-2017, 07:11 PM

2,579 posts, read 2,073,075 times
Quote:
Another pretzel.

WTF is wrong with people .... it's a damn swastika! In 2017 - on at least most of this planet, unless one is infirm or a racist - it is a sign of horrible people who did/do horrible things.

Quite excusing this crap or fess up, there is no middle on this.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:44 PM

343 posts, read 230,011 times
For your next date suggest watching Schindler's List or some other movie that would lead to intelligent discourse on ideology. Yes, it's not a great date movie but you could probably think of other movie's or shows that might bring out her opinions. Curb Your Enthusiasm might work it can be a little raunchy though so you'd have to make a judgement call on that.

Or you could play a lot of Paul Simon and wait for comments like "I think he's really good even though he's a Jew." If you want to go for the gold you can start a conversation about Lenny Kravitz and ask if she think's he's really Jewish or not.

I don't think someone who had so much hate when they were younger could completely change. If it is a swastika and she willing put it on her body- whether talked into it by a boyfriend or done in a drunken haze- on some level she agreed with the message. That would be a deal breaker for me.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:51 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,374,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndCatsForAll View Post
For your next date suggest watching Schindler's List or some other movie that would lead to intelligent discourse on ideology. Yes, it's not a great date movie but you could probably think of other movie's or shows that might bring out her opinions. Curb Your Enthusiasm might work it can be a little raunchy though so you'd have to make a judgement call on that.

Or you could play a lot of Paul Simon and wait for comments like "I think he's really good even though he's a Jew." If you want to go for the gold you can start a conversation about Lenny Kravitz and ask if she think's he's really Jewish or not.

I don't think someone who had so much hate when they were younger could completely change. If it is a swastika and she willing put it on her body- whether talked into it by a boyfriend or done in a drunken haze- on some level she agreed with the message. That would be a deal breaker for me.
Or Green Room and Imperium. See what she thinks. Or, better yet, skip the next date entirely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships