Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2010, 12:24 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times

Advertisements

Even harder is to find the women in their 30s and 40s who do NOT have kids...if that's what you're looking for.

Old 02-28-2010, 12:26 PM

164 posts, read 568,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
My first marriage ended in divorce after twenty years. She filed three times in a year, and the third time I made up my mind that I couldn't afford her attorney fees any longer. After being single for 13 years I remarried. I married a friend I had known for over 10 years, who had been single for 17 years and had raised two kids by herself. We knew each other well and we planned on how we would live our lives together, before we got serious about marriage. She knew I didn't want to get remarried because of the treatment I received from my first wife. After 17 years we are still happily married, and the really strange part is, I'd do it again. We respect each other boundaries, there is absolutely no jealousy, we share a great deal of affection. I cook, clean, do the laundry sometimes, and other little duties that help her. But, most of all, I tell her every day that I love her. I didn't really pursue a relationship with her, it just happened. Today I look at what some of my male friends are married to and I want to run home to my wife and tell her how great she is. She makes me feel like the luckiest man alive.

That is such a nice story, it gives hope for a lot of people! Thank you for sharing!

Old 02-28-2010, 01:24 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie73 View Post
After 40 woman will maybe have to look where to find single men, but to start chasing..I don't think so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Even harder is to find the women in their 30s and 40s who do NOT have kids...if that's what you're looking for.

That might be why I've never had to call a man for a date, much less chase one. When I divorced the wasband I was 38, no kids. I think that right there made it very easy to meet men, never mind being in good shape.

Went with someone younger, though. Still Gen-X but later. As I said earlier, late Baby Boomers, though plentiful, didn't really do it for me. In fact, they never did, as my wasband is 7 years younger than I am, too. The men in what traditionalists would consider to be the dating pool for my age had way many issues and were often quite bitter from their own divorces (and unable to wrap their heads around how mine could have been amicable). To be completely blunt, a lot of them were dishonest and I caught a number of them lying about everything from their age to their lifestyle to their professions, and even the number of ex-wives they had. No thanks.

Old 02-28-2010, 04:21 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,396,905 times
I don't know if there's one single reason. I have a 20 year old brother in college. One night I was talking to him on the phone and the subject of women came up. He basically said he doesn't pursue women because all they do is lead you on. He'd rather focus on his education in school, he eventually plans on becoming a doctor. Keep in mind this is a 20 year old. I really admire him for that. If I would have had that attitude several years ago it would have saved me lots of money and heartache.

One reason is that women have a reputation for being users. My own mother has even said that girls are users. She works at a college and sees it everyday. She's told me how a good looking girl in a tight top and tight jeans can just manipulate a guy for whatever she wants

I'll go now so all the women can start bashing me

Last edited by supertrucker212; 02-28-2010 at 04:48 PM..

Old 02-28-2010, 04:48 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie73 View Post
After 40 woman will maybe have to look where to find single men, but to start chasing..I don't think so!
Hi katie73,

That is semantics. All things being equal, the same women at 25 is better than 40 in a man's eyes generally speaking. Even if that were not the case and women at 40 were the best, their selection of men has deteriorated.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 02-28-2010 at 05:00 PM..

Old 02-28-2010, 05:54 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,708,177 times
They don't pursue women anymore because they don't have to. Women throw themselves at men nowadays

Old 02-28-2010, 05:58 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi katie73,

That is semantics. All things being equal, the same women at 25 is better than 40 in a man's eyes generally speaking. Even if that were not the case and women at 40 were the best, their selection of men has deteriorated.
Generally speaking, perhaps, but a 25 year old is a kid, as far as I'm concerned...and I'm not interested.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Generally speaking, perhaps, but a 25 year old is a kid, as far as I'm concerned...and I'm not interested.
Hi TKramar,

The main competition from 25 year old women is that men, generally speaking, select them as mates when the men are younger. In other words, many desirable men selected their current 45 year old women 15-20 years ago.

The good news for now is Gen-x, 40 something women are, for now, benefiting from lots of older boomers.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:47 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi TKramar,

The main competition from 25 year old women is that men, generally speaking, select them as mates when the men are younger. In other words, many desirable men selected their current 45 year old women 15-20 years ago.

The good news for now is Gen-x, 40 something women are, for now, benefiting from lots of older boomers.
Not really. Gen-X and Boomer women are benefiting from a selection of Gen-X men. Most of my friends in their late 30s and early 40s have boyfriends and husbands who are the same age or younger, not older. Lots of reasons for that, which I've already discussed.

But also--and I know this is going to sound a bit frosty--but Boomer men are in heart attack range. This does indeed cross a woman's mind if a Boomer man is not in good shape physically, because many women in their 40s have already dealt with their parents' health issues and know how difficult and heartbreaking it can be. It's not necessarily a deal-breaker, but if a woman has been caring for an ailing parent, it might cross her mind. So fellas, take care of your health.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Not really. Gen-X and Boomer women are benefiting from a selection of Gen-X men. Most of my friends in their late 30s and early 40s have boyfriends and husbands who are the same age or younger, not older. Lots of reasons for that, which I've already discussed.
Hi Avienne,

Looks like static analysis is all the rage. That pressure from Boomers takes some Gen-X women off the market improving the selection of Gen-X men for many Gen-X women.

The trend is still the same.

Relationships with Age Differences (http://www.marriage-relationships.com/age_difference_relationships.html - broken link)

Quote:
But also--and I know this is going to sound a bit frosty--but Boomer men are in heart attack range. This does indeed cross a woman's mind if a Boomer man is not in good shape physically, because many women in their 40s have already dealt with their parents' health issues and know how difficult and heartbreaking it can be. It's not necessarily a deal-breaker, but if a woman has been caring for an ailing parent, it might cross her mind. So fellas, take care of your health.
I agree, lay of the Bud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships