Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2016, 03:41 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,338,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
LOL!!!

Then I regret to inform you that only 80% of you is saved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 03:45 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,741,434 times
Quote:
I didn't think there was a fundamentalist sub-forum.

Fundies come here so although I don't "focus" on them either in any targeted way, they're bound to be around in any given thread - here, not on a sub-forum.
No generalizing or stereotyping in that statement... none at all.....

Old 07-21-2016, 03:56 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
No generalizing or stereotyping in that statement... none at all.....
So...you don't see fundies on any given thread in this forum v. specifically on sub-forums?

Old 07-21-2016, 05:21 PM

22,210 posts, read 19,238,916 times
Quote:
No. I did not choose to be born.......makes "free will" entirely bogus and an illogical error from the get-go, not to mention further problems with it...."free will" does not hold consistently no matter how you slice it.
free will makes perfect sense and is entirely consistent and logical.
it is your perception and understanding that are limited at this time.

yes, you did choose to be born, including the family, gender, education, economic status, country, language, culture, body, all of it, custom chosen by you at the soul level to give you the optimal circumstances for the specific growth needed by your own soul.

Old 07-21-2016, 05:49 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,215,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
yes, you did choose to be born, including the family, gender, education, economic status, country, language, culture, body, all of it, custom chosen by you at the soul level to give you the optimal circumstances for the specific growth needed by your own soul.
Isn't this just a way to rationalize bad things done to innocent kids and people?

Because if we accept your explanation that we somehow chose our life circumstances....for all purposes, whatever intellect I had while making that choice....went away when I was born.

And furthermore....even if I did choose a given situation, and I dismiss the problems of not having that intellect available to recall now....how could my pre-born intellect know what would come of the life situation I chose? So in essence....how could I know I'll get the growth I needed?

Old 07-21-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
Isn't this just a way to rationalize bad things done to innocent kids and people?
no it is not.

Old 07-21-2016, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Because if we accept your explanation that we somehow chose our life circumstances....for all purposes, whatever intellect I had while making that choice....went away when I was born.
the part of you that chose your life circumstances did not go away. That part of you is your soul. It is the part of you that is wiser, smarter, more knowledgeable, and can see the bigger picture. It is what some call the "still small voice" because it is not loud and pushy and demanding. It holds the blueprint of your soul, what it is you came into this lifetime to address in terms of growth. It does not intrude upon free will, it simply offers and arranges opportunities for growth that have the potential to benefit you, based on the choices you make using your free will. Once a person recognize that this part of yourself is an excellent wise reliable resource that always has your best interests at heart, they can seek to consciously engage with it for assistance in navigating life, achieving clarity, and making decisions.

Old 07-21-2016, 06:39 PM

Quote:
And furthermore....even if I did choose a given situation, and I dismiss the problems of not having that intellect available to recall now....how could my pre-born intellect know what would come of the life situation I chose? So in essence....how could I know I'll get the growth I needed?
it is easy to identify the areas where growth is needed, because they are impossible to miss: they are what some call the problems and challenges and obstacles and troubles we face, the people that drive us up the wall, the things that bother us the most, the difficulties. They are the things that have an emotional charge of negativity to them. They are the things we most resist doing, the changes we resist, the ideas we don't want to give up, the places we are most stubborn about and dig in our heels about and refuse to change or face or do.

once something is resolved, in terms of soul growth, it disappears from our life. until it is resolved, it either keeps coming back, or gets worse and worse. some call this "getting hit over the head by a 2x4" by the Universe, until we get what it is we are supposed to get, or change what we are being asked to change.

Old 07-21-2016, 06:45 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,215,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
it is easy to identify the areas where growth is needed, because they are impossible to miss: they are what some call the problems and challenges and obstacles and troubles we face, the people that drive us up the wall, the things that bother us the most, the difficulties. They are the things that have an emotional charge of negativity to them. They are the things we most resist doing, the changes we resist, the ideas we don't want to give up, the attachments we don't want to let go of.

once something is resolved, in terms of soul growth, it disappears from our life. until it is resolved, it either keeps coming back, or gets worse and worse. some call this "getting hit over the head by a 2x4" by the Universe, until we get what it is we are supposed to get.
Understood on growth....but how could my pre-born intellect know the future of the life situation I'll be born into well enough to know I'll get the growth I need?

In other words....if that pre-birth intellect could know such a thing, and make choices about it....wouldn't it already know the things it plans to learn for the purpose of growth?

Old 07-21-2016, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Understood on growth....but how could my pre-born intellect know the future of the life situation I'll be born into well enough to know I'll get the growth I need?

In other words....if that pre-birth intellect could know such a thing, and make choices about it....wouldn't it already know the things it plans to learn for the purpose of growth?
it knows exactly what areas of growth are needed.
and based on that, it custom designs the life circumstances that offer these opportunities for growth to you.

however they remain only opportunities with potential for growth, and not actual growth, until you exercise your free will, and choose to "do the right thing" in how you respond to whatever is facing you.

it knows what you need to learn or do for growth. but it is up to you whether you choose to grow in whatever situation you find yourself in. how you use your free will, determines whether actual growth occurs.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 07-21-2016 at 07:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality