Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 03:19 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,562,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
And you wonder why the Baptists think you guys are going to hell?
Baptists aren't allowed to dance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2019, 03:32 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
So that's why! Thanks for the heads up!

Old 02-06-2019, 04:09 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,058,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I can't say I haven't had plenty of practice.
Take it as a vote of confidence, if God thought you needed backup, he would have sent it. The fact none is forthcoming shows his faith in your abilities!

Quote:
On the other hand, some of us (not me, mind you) are pretty good dancers.
Yes, that was impressive, and not easy to do in dress shoes and formal attire...

Quote:
You likely won't go to Hell unless you dance to Disco Inferno too often, then unfortunately, it's "Burn Baby Burn"....

Old 02-06-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
You likely won't go to Hell unless you dance to Disco Inferno too often, then unfortunately, it's "Burn Baby Burn"....
No worries for me then!

Old 02-06-2019, 07:40 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Thanks for the kind words, ShouldIMove. I can't say I haven't had plenty of practice.

Oh dear!
That was pathetic! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry! On the other hand, some of us (not me, mind you) are pretty good dancers.
This One's for YOU!
That was hilarious.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:44 PM

Looking up how Hitler was Baptized I found this article about an interesting book. https://religionnews.com/2015/02/19/...t-third-reich/

Old 02-07-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Looking up how Hitler was Baptized I found this article about an interesting book. https://religionnews.com/2015/02/19/...t-third-reich/
Good grief. Just what is it you're trying to imply? That Mormons are pro-Nazi and share Nazi values? That we're Anti-Semitic? That we are for Aryan supremacy? Are you not aware that the overwhelming majority of Germans supported Hitler and the Nazi Party during World War II? Why should the Mormons there have been any different from anybody else? The average German citizen didn't have the foggiest notion of what was really going on behind the scenes. They knew absolutely nothing about the concentration camps or the systematic torture and extermination of millions of Jews. If you think for one minute that, had the Mormons in Germany known what the Nazis were really doing, they would have supported them, you are crazier than a loon. If you know better (which I suspect you do), then you should be ashamed of yourself.

During the 1920s and early 30s, the LDS Church experienced tremendous growth in Germany. When the Nazis gained control in 1933, though, Church members suddenly became circumspect. A big part of this was because LDS doctrines concerning Israel ran contrary to Nazi's anti-Semitism. Hymn books containing hymns referring to the gathering of Israel were destroyed, many church-related books by LDS authors were confiscated, and scriptures were burned in public bonfires. Members of the Gestapo attended LDS Church meetings to make sure that pro-Jewish ideas were not being promulgated.

One thing that may have set the Latter-day Saints apart from most other Christians living in Germany during World War II is that we have an Article of Faith which states, "We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law." It's important for us to be law-abiding citizens of the countries we live in and to work through legal means to change laws that need to be changed. Unfortunately, even if the citizens of Germany (Mormon and non-Mormon alike) had realized what Hitler was doing, the Nazi party's absolute control over Germany's citizens would have made change from within the country pretty much impossible.

Old 02-07-2019, 03:38 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times
While I strongly question a number of Mormon beliefs, jencam seems obsessed with being anti-Mormon.

I'll say this: While there are things in the Mormon religion which make no sense to me (and I say the same thing about christianity and even my own Buddhism), every Mormon person I've ever met (and that's quite a few) has been a very nice person. Y'all must be doing something right.

Old 02-07-2019, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Good grief. Just what is it you're trying to imply? That Mormons are pro-Nazi and share Nazi values? That we're Anti-Semitic? That we are for Aryan supremacy? Are you not aware that the overwhelming majority of Germans supported Hitler and the Nazi Party during World War II? Why should the Mormons there have been any different from anybody else? The average German citizen didn't have the foggiest notion of what was really going on behind the scenes. They knew absolutely nothing about the concentration camps or the systematic torture and extermination of millions of Jews. If you think for one minute that, had the Mormons in Germany known what the Nazis were really doing, they would have supported them, you are crazier than a loon. If you know better (which I suspect you do), then you should be ashamed of yourself.

During the 1920s and early 30s, the LDS Church experienced tremendous growth in Germany. When the Nazis gained control in 1933, though, Church members suddenly became circumspect. A big part of this was because LDS doctrines concerning Israel ran contrary to Nazi's anti-Semitism. Hymn books containing hymns referring to the gathering of Israel were destroyed, many church-related books by LDS authors were confiscated, and scriptures were burned in public bonfires. Members of the Gestapo attended LDS Church meetings to make sure that pro-Jewish ideas were not being promulgated.

One thing that may have set the Latter-day Saints apart from most other Christians living in Germany during World War II is that we have an Article of Faith which states, "We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law." It's important for us to be law-abiding citizens of the countries we live in and to work through legal means to change laws that need to be changed. Unfortunately, even if the citizens of Germany (Mormon and non-Mormon alike) had realized what Hitler was doing, the Nazi party's absolute control over Germany's citizens would have made change from within the country pretty much impossible.
I am not implying anything. I said it's interesting. I came across it looking for information on Baptizing Hitler.

Old 02-07-2019, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I am not implying anything. I said it's interesting. I came across it looking for information on Baptizing Hitler.
Yeah? How come it's only the anti-Mormon stuff you come across that you find so "interesting"? There's plenty of interesting stuff about the Church online that's not negative, but when you're looking for dirt, dirt is what you're going to find. At least own what you are, jencam.

Last edited by Katzpur; 02-07-2019 at 06:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality