Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2019, 09:40 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I am wondering if you believe my answer in some way skirted the issue, was inaccurate or misleading. For some reason, you seem to feel as if you have to follow up on every response I make and restate everything in your own words, as if I am not fully capable of providing those who ask with correct information on LDS doctrine.
Of course you are fully capable of stating your opinion, as I am. I disagree that Doctrine teaches that those who reject Baptism in this life AND the next go to the terrestrial kingdom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2019, 09:41 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Of course you are fully capable of stating your opinion, as I am. I disagree that Doctrine teaches that those who reject Baptism in this life AND the next go to the terrestrial kingdom.
That's right. We believe that if a person who is not baptized by someone holding proper authority in this life and who also rejects a proxy baptism done on his behalf will go to the Terrestrial Kingdom. You initially stated, "Those who do not get Baptized on earth but do after death go to the Terrestrial Kingdom."

Last edited by Katzpur; 02-08-2019 at 09:57 PM..

Old 02-08-2019, 09:46 PM

Quote:
This is not my opinion. I know what LDS doctrine is and you obviously don't.
You say that to everyone who doesn't agree with every word you type as if you are the ultimate authority on LDS Doctrine and Scripture, which you are not.

Old 02-08-2019, 09:47 PM

50,832 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
I didn't criticize anything. I merely said one reason Mormons have lots of children. And your specific question was how that differs from the Bible. The Bible does not damn us for failing to be vessels for spirits to come and have their earthly experience, that is paramount to their eternal progression.
No. Stop telling me what my point was.

Old 02-08-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Those who do not get Baptized on earth but do after death go to the Terrestrial Kingdom.
Quote:
You say that to everyone who doesn't agree with every word you type as if you are the ultimate authority on LDS Doctrine and Scripture, which you are not.
I'm a far greater authority on it than you are. Any third-grader can google something, sort through the results of their search and pick the information that suits them. I have been a practicing Latter-day Saint for 70 years. Give me a break!

Last edited by Katzpur; 02-08-2019 at 09:56 PM..

Old 02-08-2019, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No. Stop telling me what my point was.
This is what you asked:

Quote:
How is that worse than much in the "regular" christian bible?
And I answered. Although I declined to use the word 'worse than' and used 'different than' because I never said anything about better or worse. I never compared it to the Bible to start with. You did. I was discussing one reason why Mormons have so many children. They were taught they had to, for the sake of all the spirits that needed to come get a chance to be born and live as a human to advance their progression to Godhood.

It was said to be a wicked, so wicked as to deserve damnation to curtail the number of children.

Old 02-08-2019, 09:54 PM

50,832 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
this is what you asked:

And i answered. Although i declined to use the word 'worse than' and used 'different than' because i never said anything about better or worse. I never compared it to the bible to start with. You did. I was discussing one reason why mormons have so many children. They were taught they had to, for the sake of all the spirits that needed to come get a chance to be born and live as a human to advance their progression to godhood.

It was said to be a wicked, so wicked as to deserve damnation to curtail the number of children.
jencam...you missed the point of my post. Period.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
jencam...you missed the point of my post. Period.
I understood it perfectly. The issue is you are incorrect. You were implying that I was saying there is something wrong with that belief. When in fact all I was doing was explaining it placing no negative or positive value on it.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:02 PM

Quote:
I'm a far greater authority on it than you are. Any third-grader can google something, sort through the results of their search and pick the information that suits them. I have been a practicing Latter-day Saint for 70 years. Give me a break!
I'll go ahead and lock this version of your post in before you edit it again. The addition of the 'third grader' remark is such a gem. No matter how civil I am you insist on being insulting.

I am doing no such thing. Googling and choosing parts that 'suit me'. I began learning about Mormonism in High school when I dated a Mormon.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:05 PM

Quote:
I'll go ahead and lock this version of your post in before you edit it again. The addition of the third grader remark is such a gem. I am doing no such thing. Googling and choosing parts that 'suit me'. I began learning about Mormonism in High school when I dated a Mormon.
Oh dear! Nobody told me that editing was against the rules! Knock yourself out, baby. My statement stands and I don't intend to edit it. Night, night. I'm off to bed. See you tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality