Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2019, 04:25 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,940,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I don't think it's very intelligent or moral to refer to bearing a child as pooping.

I have no problem with decreasing excess population rates through being responsible.
How does ****ting out kids sound to you? Or maybe shooting them out or squirting them out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2019, 04:39 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,562,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
jencam said, "Those who do not get Baptized on earth but do after death go to the Terrestrial Kingdom." Anyone who accepts a proxy baptism done on his behalf is eligible for the Celestial Kingdom.
I see my mistake in flipping the scenario using the same wording in one post. What I had meant to discuss were people who do not accept it.

In a subsequent post I stated that people who do accept it are also able to accept other ordinances done for them by proxy and continue to progress.

Old 02-09-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
I respect the essence of that posters wisdom and logic. Being a baby factory ..

How does suppression of a gender aide in getting to heaven? Now I have to change my will ( which I guess is the positive from this post) as I do not want anyone baptizing me after I am dead. Kinda unfair to sneak up on me when I'm gone and say..Okay lets baptize her! Let me be at peace....gosh.
IDK what you mean by 'suppression of a gender'? As for Baptizing, they are going to do it regardless. There is no document you can sign or anything you can do to stop it. Same for sealing you to someone(s).

Old 02-09-2019, 04:58 PM

8,666 posts, read 3,866,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
People are free to believe whatever they want to believe, and do what they want to do as long as they are not harming others... I just don't believe in Mormonism and never have even though I did attend Mormon church for years... I just don't like the one size fits all approach of Mormonism... not all women desire kids or marriage... and to sell one lifestyle to women and men when there are people with different temperaments and aspirations is just foolish. But the Mormons and Mormon church can do whatever they want to do. I am not stopping them. I just wanted to explain the fundamental Mormon beliefs. Thought it might be an interesting discussion 😎
True - but I don’t think any religion is ‘one size fits all’, though this is definitely extreme. I think Catholics do not believe in sexual intimacy unless it is to procreate (and no birth control).

Old 02-09-2019, 05:08 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
IDK what you mean by 'suppression of a gender'? As for Baptizing, they are going to do it regardless. There is no document you can sign or anything you can do to stop it. Same for sealing you to someone(s).

I don't believe in what Mormons believe. But I respect what I know about the behaviour of most Mormons.

I was baptized in an Eastern Rite Ukrainian Catholic church as an infant and spent my formative years attending that church and a Roman Catholic one. I attended Roman Catholic schools through 10th grade.

I do not believe that offers me any particular avenue to a post-mortal existence. I'm of the belief we all end up in the same place after death. Only the duration, and comfort level of the journey will vary with the individual.

Therefore, if Katz would feel better upon hearing of my earthly demise by having me baptized by proxy, it would not bother me in the least.

I would die happier, knowing she would feel better.

Old 02-09-2019, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
True - but I don’t think any religion is ‘one size fits all’, though this is definitely extreme. I think Catholics do not believe in sexual intimacy unless it is to procreate (and no birth control).
I think she meant one size fits all regarding marriage and kids. Cannot enter Celestial Kingdom without being temple married. Your eternal life depends on getting married. And the degree of blessings in your eternal life is heavily dependent on the husband/Priesthood holder.

Old 02-09-2019, 05:53 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
Ok, does breeding irresponsibility make more sense you? That's the gist of it. We don't need large families because resources are strained and people who are already poor but keep reproducing are a BURDEN to society. No, I'm not singaling Mormons out specifically when I say this. This refers to anyone regardless of religion.
Yes. Breeding irresponsibly doesn't equate children with being poop.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:22 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
As you know, I understand the doctrine very well. My post was specifically addressing this statement of yours:

I want to make it clear for everyone in this thread that going to the Celestial Kingdom (Mormon Heaven, for those that don’t know) is conditioned upon either being baptized in the Mormon Church while one is alive, or accepting a Mormon proxy baptism after one dies.

To me, that sounds very much like “the only people who have any hope of going to the Celestial Kingdom are Mormons.” Is it exactly the same? No. But it is fundamentally the same.

Whether or not you were being accurate when you said “that is simply not what we believe,” I’ll leave to others to decide for themselves.
Since you evidently did not read jencam's and my conversation very carefully, she said:

Quote:
Those who do not get Baptized on earth but do after death go to the Terrestrial Kingdom.
And I responded:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Well, you've misunderstood it, and that's all I'm going to say. I'm tired of you trying to tell me I don't understand my own religion. If what you are saying is true, then the only people who have any hope of going to the Celestial Kingdom are Mormons, and that is simply not what we believe.
My point was that if we actually believed what jencam said we believe, proxy work for the dead would be essentially useless as one would have to have been baptized LDS during his/her life. We believe that these ordinances, if done posthumously, have the same effect as if they had been done when the individual was alive -- provided, of course, that he/she actually accepts the work once it has been done.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:29 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Yes. Breeding irresponsibly doesn't equate children with being poop.
it also doesn't mean other peoples children are responsible for those children.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:31 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
I think she meant one size fits all regarding marriage and kids. Cannot enter Celestial Kingdom without being temple married. Your eternal life depends on getting married. And the degree of blessings in your eternal life is heavily dependent on the husband/Priesthood holder.
Actually, you're wrong again. Temple marriage is required for Exaltation in the Celestial Kingdom. It is not required for entrance into the Celestial Kingdom and the blessings of living there eternally. Also, no woman's eternal destiny is dependent on her husband. As long as I am faithful and obedient to God's commandments, my husband's choices will not affect my eternal life. I am answerable directly to God, as is my husband. I am sure you'll tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, but I do. Furthermore, I am being 100% honest, as God is my witness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality