Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2014, 11:39 AM

91 posts, read 134,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
"The dating scene is very competitive in the US Eastern & Northern Regions b/c there are many females, who have professional degrees. They are very ambitious & intelligent about themselves not to be insecure & irresponsible. I like that in professional women, who are not fake & shallow. This is why I LOVE living here."

...I miss that very much...when I went back to my 20th HS reunion on Long Island years ago seemingly half the women were doctors, attorneys, CPA's, management consultants, marketing execs...heck, even a bank teller was motivated to become the head bank teller. In short, the women were as successful as the men (a number even more successful), many were as physically attractive as the non-career, 100% looks focused women I run into here, and the conversation did not end when I stopped talking...I also miss the dress and style of women elsewhere. Fortunately, I travel quite frequently on work and do meet the type I am looking for in Chicago and Miami (yes, Miami...while there is the 'looks focused' attitude there, I have run into many a successful accomplished woman there who knows how to dress and act with class).....not saying they do not exist in SoCal, but it is much harder to find--i.e. needle in a haystack...I don't know why--chalk it up to cultural differences or the 'wild west' mentality??... Again, I am fortunate to have a position that allows me to travel and meet people on my terms--not theirs....then again, I feel for the women out here as well--not exactly a large male role model population either.
Thank you for the response,

Glad you were able to understand from my experience East Coast vs. West Coast dating scene. Miami? I thought it is called, the "Atlantic Hollywood?" LOL! I know there are some decent professional women down in FL b/c of the many snowbirds up north. Since you are able to find a few there.

Yes,

The US Pacific Coast region has a lot to do with this "Wild West" or "Frontier" mentality to be flawed. I don't know what to text here as well. They're not only shallow, but they're very PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE as if they want to go one up on you for no apparent reason. Oh yeah don't forget about the "FLAKING OUT" mentality at the last moment. Since this is very common out there to be some sort of a cool thing.

I don't know what else to text here?

When I was growing up in SoCal; therefore, I was lucky to meet people from the US Eastern region. They were from particularly NYC, BOS, PHI, & CHI; thus, they didn't seem to be very flakey & shallow. Much they were direct & well-rounded in their intelligence. I learned a lot from them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 12:03 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonez765 View Post
North-East. Too cold and about as expensive as California (I don't want to be in a place that's expensive as California without the good weather).
Brilliant !

Everything you commented on and wrote is true. I am happy to have met you

Old 08-21-2014, 02:20 PM

91 posts, read 134,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonez765 View Post
I have heard about that. I would try to check it out but I have no plans to live in the North-East. Too cold and about as expensive as California (I don't want to be in a place that's expensive as California without the good weather).
Well I guess you don't have any other options, but you to put up with this flaky & shallow Pacific Coast cultural utopia. FYI, SF is approx. 3/4 cold & cloudy throughout the season. Unless you live in OAK or SJ to have approx. 3 seasons: autumn, spring, & summer. Trust me, I lived in the SFBA from 1998 to 2003 period. If this is what you like then fine. Different strokes for different folks!

There is a quote about the EC vs. WC cultures:

"The West Coast is wonderful, except for the people & the East Coast is horrible, except for the people"

Choose your poison?

I'll tolerate the 4 seasons, but I enjoy the EC people.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:58 PM

79 posts, read 150,901 times
I always thought the dating scene in SD was pretty decent. I see tons of hot girls all over the place. I feel the dating scene is much better in SD than it is in the bay area or LA. LA has plenty of gorgeous women but they tend to be more about how much money you have and what you can offer them. On the positive side, LA is a big enough city where I think you can find just about anything you're into despite what I just said about it. SF has a lot of women but it attracts the tech type or the liberal type which just isn't my style. SF is a city of 5's and 6's IMO. I definitely go for the girls who are very stylish and care about their looks which I feel SD has plenty of. Not the fake boobs, fake blonde look but nonetheless the trendy fashion oriented types.

I can't speak for other parts of the country as I've only lived in California.

In most cases for younger people (<30 yrs old), if you are good looking and a normal person, dating isn't that hard no matter where you are. As messed up as that is, it's pretty much the truth.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:25 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,918,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrrtl218 View Post
I always thought the dating scene in SD was pretty decent. I see tons of hot girls all over the place...
Yeah, no kidding. I am really only interested in smart girls, and when I was single in SD, I had no problem finding them either. It helped to live near UCSD.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:00 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
"The dating scene is very competitive in the US Eastern & Northern Regions b/c there are many females, who have professional degrees. They are very ambitious & intelligent about themselves not to be insecure & irresponsible. I like that in professional women, who are not fake & shallow. This is why I LOVE living here."

...I miss that very much...when I went back to my 20th HS reunion on Long Island years ago seemingly half the women were doctors, attorneys, CPA's, management consultants, marketing execs...heck, even a bank teller was motivated to become the head bank teller. In short, the women were as successful as the men (a number even more successful), many were as physically attractive as the non-career, 100% looks focused women I run into here, and the conversation did not end when I stopped talking...I also miss the dress and style of women elsewhere. Fortunately, I travel quite frequently on work and do meet the type I am looking for in Chicago and Miami (yes, Miami...while there is the 'looks focused' attitude there, I have run into many a successful accomplished woman there who knows how to dress and act with class).....not saying they do not exist in SoCal, but it is much harder to find--i.e. needle in a haystack...I don't know why--chalk it up to cultural differences or the 'wild west' mentality??... Again, I am fortunate to have a position that allows me to travel and meet people on my terms--not theirs....then again, I feel for the women out here as well--not exactly a large male role model population either.
Wait, I assume you are implying that San Diego girls don't dress as well as east coast girls. Are you also saying all women who aren't on the East Coast do not dress well, have no style? I cannot agree with that if that is what you are saying. I see tons of women in OC who dress very nicely thank you very much. And they do it with their own style and often in quite expensive clothes. How about looking up here?

Old 08-21-2014, 08:05 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb123 View Post
you guys are a bunch of cry babies....try being a woman over 35 (even if you look 25, they don't care, they are irrational) your choice becomes 60 year old rich guy or younger than you idiot who thinks he deserves to use you because of some weird effed up logic (much of it seen here).

I heard rumors about the CA dating scene before moving here, its mostly true. Even if women slightly outnumber men it does not change at all the entitled attitudes that men should be able to date 10-20 years younger and the woman should look like an actress or model.

at least the military guys look good...and many have some decent morals. That's why I'd prefer one of them, they are not all 19 and just out of high school. and again that is a generalization, which I realize

unlike some people here lol....if you have so many preconcieved ideas about what is out there in a sea of millions of people you will be too closed off to meet a decent person, and if you use people, you won't meet good people, they won't want you.
I can see where you are coming from, but North County is a fairly small area and I cannot imagine that most guys are single. Perhaps try meeting guys in San Diego proper and also OC.

Seriously, I think you should come to LA/OC where there are plenty of guys who are serious professionals, and if you get involved with one, they won't end up hauling you back to Missouri with them once they exit the military. You deserve better! At least give it a try!

Old 08-21-2014, 08:41 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
If you can't get a date here you can't really get dates anywhere. Sheesh. People are people.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:56 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,343,889 times
Biology....women age faster....lol keep dreaming and complaining about the bad dating scene lol!!

Old 08-21-2014, 08:58 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,343,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I can see where you are coming from, but North County is a fairly small area and I cannot imagine that most guys are single. Perhaps try meeting guys in San Diego proper and also OC.

Seriously, I think you should come to LA/OC where there are plenty of guys who are serious professionals, and if you get involved with one, they won't end up hauling you back to Missouri with them once they exit the military. You deserve better! At least give it a try!
I honestly don't have a hard time..... Its more online dating I've noticed (and just observation) that men see age the number....doesn't matter if she looks 20, its irrational
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego