Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2020, 02:06 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,865,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Corona virus itself is not a hoax. Corona virus has been around for a long time. Many people never heard of it before because no one ever told them about it, (well, Lysol did on the back of their cans for years), but it doesn't mean it didn't exist. Just like the flu, (no matter how many don't like the comparison), it can mutate into a new strain. What we have now is a new strain. What we've had in the past are other strains, and people got sick from those strains, too. And, just like the flu, no one went into panic mode, the media didn't care to do much about it than do a quick 30 second basic report, and we went on with life.

H1N1 was a pandemic in 2009. No "crisis" despite how many people it killed in a very short amount of time. No shut downs, despite how easily it spread. Only the slightest bit of fear mongering from the media. The virus started in the U.S., so I guess that wasn't scary enough.

So, again, the virus is not a hoax.

The reaction, on the other hand, by politicians and the media - when comparing it to other "pandemics", and other viruses that infect millions (multiple millions) every single year, and kill tens of thousands, every single year - makes me suspicious.

The fact that many local governments are taking way more control than they should have over this, makes me suspicious.

The fact that certain people are doing their level best to push this panic even harder, and have the audacity to say "you should actually read about this and listen to the news", makes me suspicious.

I'm quite aware of what is being said in the news. I've read up about corona virus plenty. The fact remains, this is nothing like the seasonal flu, this is nothing like H1N1, and yet here we are, reacting as if the world is about to end if we all don't slam our front doors shut from the world, and sit inside in panic.

My question is: Why this time? Why now when not in the past?

The usual response is "because this is new and we don't know anything about it yet".

We don't know which strain of flu we're going to get each year, either.

We didn't know much about H1N1 that killed a whole lot of people, either.

No panicking. No shutting down.

But this time, suddenly we have panic and shutting down, and, as far as I'm concerned, government overreach.

I also question why people think that this virus only started in January. That was the first reported case. Reported. How many others had it, but the cases were mild, and it was never reported? We'll never know. But some people refuse to even acknowledge that possibility.

And why isn't the media, that we are supposed to be listening to, according to some, not telling us the whole story? They throw out a lot of numbers, but they don't tell us everything.

Virus a hoax? No.
Reaction to it a hoax? I have my suspicions.
There is no panic, there is no pandemonium. A relative handful of people overreacting and attempting to corner the toilet paper market does not constitute a panic.

Yes, there has been Coronavirus around for years, but like the flu it comes in different flavors; this one, properly called COVID-19 (because it began in 2019) is particularly contagious and therefore particularly dangerous. It also has a lengthy period of incubation during which it can be transmitted while the infected person experiences no symptoms and no idea they are spreading it.

Any source claiming it began in January is wrong; China was dealing with large numbers of cases in December which indicates the origin was even earlier. It was at the early stages that more action should have been taken to notify people of its existence and accelerate testing to identify those infected. Doctor Fauci calls this a failure. We are now also finding out that our systems to assure a supply of protective equipment have failed and an inadequate supply of ventilators may cause many patients that need them to not have access.

I don't understand why anyone would call this a hoax of any kind.

Old 03-25-2020, 02:07 PM

2,453 posts, read 1,701,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
OK if Covid-9 is the lung alement from vaping (which largely was attributed not to getting a virus, but rather a particular vitamin oil used) then why did it go about three/four months dormant. I'm all for thinking Covid-19 came long before we knew it, but I have a tough time believing this.
If you don't think about it, it makes sense.

Old 03-25-2020, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propop View Post
Great post....!!! It's happening this time because the coronavirus will be used as a distraction/excuse for the coming economic collapse. The country is broke and can no longer "kick the can down the road." It's going to be colossal. Get prepared....! They have to make sure that the people will "obey" as the timeline moves along. This is more like a "trial run" for the real thing.

Remember when people were dropping like flies with severe chest infections and they blamed it on vaping or E-Cigarettes? Well, that was the coronavirus. "As of November 21, the CDCTrusted Source has confirmed 2,290 vaping related lung injury cases, with 47 deaths. Cases have been reported in all states except Alaska, along with the District of Columbia and two U.S. territories. Deaths have been confirmed in 25 states and Washington D.C., with more being investigated." You can read the full story here. I know many don't want to believe, or don't want to hear it, or whatever...but the coronavirus started HERE in the USA. That's all I'm going to say. People can Google the whole vaping E-Cigarette incidents and follow the timeline. They didn't call it coronavirus then but that's what it was/is. I know I'll probably have rants from this post...but that's just the way it is. People should take the time to be objective and ask questions like you are. Things just ain't right about this whole coronavirus thing and people shouldn't put all their trust in the "authorities." I'm not going to bother replying to anyone though...LOL It won't change anything.Good Luck...!
Bolding your every word does not make any of them more lucid.

Old 03-25-2020, 02:25 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,933,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
OK if Covid-9 is the lung alement from vaping (which largely was attributed not to getting a virus, but rather a particular vitamin oil used) then why did it go about three/four months dormant. I'm all for thinking Covid-19 came long before we knew it, but I have a tough time believing this.
Last week he was telling us that Bill Gates caused the virus...so there is that to consider in trying to understand his logical reasoning.

Old 03-25-2020, 06:22 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,519,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Bolding your every word does not make any of them more lucid.
She bolds every post. Just ignore them!

Old 03-25-2020, 09:04 PM

30,342 posts, read 23,812,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
There is no panic, there is no pandemonium. A relative handful of people overreacting and attempting to corner the toilet paper market does not constitute a panic.

Yes, there has been Coronavirus around for years, but like the flu it comes in different flavors; this one, properly called COVID-19 (because it began in 2019) is particularly contagious and therefore particularly dangerous. It also has a lengthy period of incubation during which it can be transmitted while the infected person experiences no symptoms and no idea they are spreading it.

Any source claiming it began in January is wrong; China was dealing with large numbers of cases in December which indicates the origin was even earlier. It was at the early stages that more action should have been taken to notify people of its existence and accelerate testing to identify those infected. Doctor Fauci calls this a failure. We are now also finding out that our systems to assure a supply of protective equipment have failed and an inadequate supply of ventilators may cause many patients that need them to not have access.

I don't understand why anyone would call this a hoax of any kind.
When I said "January", I was talking about in the U.S., not everywhere else in the world. We have people on these forums who refuse to acknowledge that anyone in the U.S. could have had the virus before January. The first reported case was on January 21 - and it came from some Chinese guy who came directly from Wuhan. So, in some people's minds, that is the day it started in the U.S.

But that's a ridiculous assumption to make. As has been stated by several doctors, (I've provided the links in other posts on other forums in other threads), the majority of the people who will get it, will have mild symptoms that require no medical intervention whatsoever. Hence, my question inquiring why anyone would think that it wasn't possible that people had it before the first reported case. It is very possible that it was already here, but those who did have it had mild cases, didn't need to see a doctor, and went on doing things they normally do. We have people who adamantly refuse to accept that possibility. These are typically the same people who have been panicking on these forums.

It's not "a few people hoarding toilet paper", it's a whole lot of people. Before the majority of the panic and shut downs started, I was trying to get Clorox bleach wipes for my new digs. (I had just moved - literally just got to my new state. I went out the next day, after moving into my new apartment, to get Clorox wipes to clean everything - something I always use, and I always clean a brand new apartment even if it looks really clean when I enter. Because I am a germaphobe. I don't deny that one bit.) And the entire section of Clorox wipes was completely gone. Because the full on panic shopping and shutting down hadn't started yet, (it would the week after), I could not understand what the heck was going on. I asked the checker when I paid for everything else I got, and she is the one who told me it was because of "the Corona thing".

The panic is not just hoarding products. The panic is people holing up in their homes, and being afraid to go outside. The panic is people losing their minds over the fact that some people are living life as usual, and are getting bent out of shape that anyone would DARE do such things.

The panic is when I go to a restaurant to pick up an order for someone, and they won't even let me inside to pick it up. The panic is when I deliver the food, people don't want any contact, they want us to leave it at the door and text them it's there. (I actually don't mind that part, makes it easier to do my side job.)

The panic is that so many stores are completely closed. The panic is that the traffic is way, way, way lighter than normal because people think they're going to die if they go outside and interact with other people.

The panic is "social distancing of 6 feet". Are you fricking kidding me with that? Do you really think that if a virus is that contagious and that "dangerous" that 6 feet is going to do jack spit to protect anyone? The panic is when I went to the DMV to get my license for my new state, and we had to sit one chair away from the next person. You think that if the virus is that contagious and that "dangerous", a single chair apart from the next person is going to prevent a damn thing?

The panic is when people are assembled somewhere, (like the DMV) and someone coughs due to a dry throat, people whip their heads up, eyes wide, thinking they just got infected until the person (at the DMV in this scenario) has to calm them down telling them it was simply a dry throat, not because they were sick. And then they laugh, nervously.

The panic is shutting down businesses, and some states telling people that they face fines and/or jail time if they dare leave their homes when it's not what they consider "essential".

That's where my suspicions are. I never said the virus was a hoax. I said the reaction makes me suspicious. Because it's over the top.

When you start comparing numbers, since the media likes to throw numbers out to scare people, they don't add up. When you start comparing countries, you need the full story before you think "Oh, we're going to end up just like Italy!" and people get scared. Italy has its own issues - aging population, national health care, not enough money in that national health care, are just a few examples.

What do we see on these forums, and on the nightly news, every single day?

"X number of cases testing positive for Corona virus, up from last week by X %".

And people flip out.

But what is NOT being said is a) how many were mild cases, b) of those who got seriously ill, how old were they, what other health issues did they have, how long did they have it, etc. They don't like to tell you that stuff, they just keep belching out "death rate", and people lose it, just so sure that this is "dangerous". It can be dangerous for some, but for the majority, it is NOT. Your own post incited panic because it didn't tell the rest of the story. FOR SOME it can be dangerous. FOR THE MAJORITY, it is NOT.

Is it possible for otherwise healthy adults to contract it and die? Of course it is.

Will the majority of otherwise healthy adults who contract it get seriously ill and/or die? NO!

But that doesn't spread panic, and some people seem to be hell bent on spreading as much around as they can, even creating posts using words like "dangerous" and "highly contagious" without telling the rest of it.

Old 03-25-2020, 11:42 PM

11,443 posts, read 628,046 times
Quote:
Great post....!!! It's happening this time because the coronavirus will be used as a distraction/excuse for the coming economic collapse. The country is broke and can no longer "kick the can down the road." It's going to be colossal. Get prepared....! They have to make sure that the people will "obey" as the timeline moves along. This is more like a "trial run" for the real thing.
Probably exactly whats going on!!!!

Excellent reply Propop!!

Old 03-26-2020, 01:19 AM

1,517 posts, read 994,942 times
Quote:
Corona virus itself is
//
I have my suspicions.
Quote:
When I said "January",
//
the rest of it.
Completely agreed on both posts (folded for space considerations). That's exactly what it is.

It should also be mentioned that in 2009 social media websites were not nearly what they are now, a decade later, so there's also that vector to spread social manipulation and mass panic, which is far, far, far more dangerous to humanity than any biological virus. Covid may wreak havoc on some peoples' respiratory systems for a little while; social media hysteria destroys the minds of an entire race for a lifetime.

Apparently I'm supposed to "spread some Reputation (sic) around before" repping you again so consider this reply your rep for both posts!

Old 03-26-2020, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
When I said "January", I was talking about in the U.S., not everywhere else in the world. We have people on these forums who refuse to acknowledge that anyone in the U.S. could have had the virus before January. The first reported case was on January 21 - and it came from some Chinese guy who came directly from Wuhan. So, in some people's minds, that is the day it started in the U.S.

But that's a ridiculous assumption to make. As has been stated by several doctors, (I've provided the links in other posts on other forums in other threads), the majority of the people who will get it, will have mild symptoms that require no medical intervention whatsoever. Hence, my question inquiring why anyone would think that it wasn't possible that people had it before the first reported case. It is very possible that it was already here, but those who did have it had mild cases, didn't need to see a doctor, and went on doing things they normally do. We have people who adamantly refuse to accept that possibility. These are typically the same people who have been panicking on these forums.

It's not "a few people hoarding toilet paper", it's a whole lot of people. Before the majority of the panic and shut downs started, I was trying to get Clorox bleach wipes for my new digs. (I had just moved - literally just got to my new state. I went out the next day, after moving into my new apartment, to get Clorox wipes to clean everything - something I always use, and I always clean a brand new apartment even if it looks really clean when I enter. Because I am a germaphobe. I don't deny that one bit.) And the entire section of Clorox wipes was completely gone. Because the full on panic shopping and shutting down hadn't started yet, (it would the week after), I could not understand what the heck was going on. I asked the checker when I paid for everything else I got, and she is the one who told me it was because of "the Corona thing".

The panic is not just hoarding products. The panic is people holing up in their homes, and being afraid to go outside. The panic is people losing their minds over the fact that some people are living life as usual, and are getting bent out of shape that anyone would DARE do such things.

The panic is when I go to a restaurant to pick up an order for someone, and they won't even let me inside to pick it up. The panic is when I deliver the food, people don't want any contact, they want us to leave it at the door and text them it's there. (I actually don't mind that part, makes it easier to do my side job.)

The panic is that so many stores are completely closed. The panic is that the traffic is way, way, way lighter than normal because people think they're going to die if they go outside and interact with other people.

The panic is "social distancing of 6 feet". Are you fricking kidding me with that? Do you really think that if a virus is that contagious and that "dangerous" that 6 feet is going to do jack spit to protect anyone? The panic is when I went to the DMV to get my license for my new state, and we had to sit one chair away from the next person. You think that if the virus is that contagious and that "dangerous", a single chair apart from the next person is going to prevent a damn thing?

The panic is when people are assembled somewhere, (like the DMV) and someone coughs due to a dry throat, people whip their heads up, eyes wide, thinking they just got infected until the person (at the DMV in this scenario) has to calm them down telling them it was simply a dry throat, not because they were sick. And then they laugh, nervously.

The panic is shutting down businesses, and some states telling people that they face fines and/or jail time if they dare leave their homes when it's not what they consider "essential".

That's where my suspicions are. I never said the virus was a hoax. I said the reaction makes me suspicious. Because it's over the top.

When you start comparing numbers, since the media likes to throw numbers out to scare people, they don't add up. When you start comparing countries, you need the full story before you think "Oh, we're going to end up just like Italy!" and people get scared. Italy has its own issues - aging population, national health care, not enough money in that national health care, are just a few examples.

What do we see on these forums, and on the nightly news, every single day?

"X number of cases testing positive for Corona virus, up from last week by X %".

And people flip out.

But what is NOT being said is a) how many were mild cases, b) of those who got seriously ill, how old were they, what other health issues did they have, how long did they have it, etc. They don't like to tell you that stuff, they just keep belching out "death rate", and people lose it, just so sure that this is "dangerous". It can be dangerous for some, but for the majority, it is NOT. Your own post incited panic because it didn't tell the rest of the story. FOR SOME it can be dangerous. FOR THE MAJORITY, it is NOT.

Is it possible for otherwise healthy adults to contract it and die? Of course it is.

Will the majority of otherwise healthy adults who contract it get seriously ill and/or die? NO!

But that doesn't spread panic, and some people seem to be hell bent on spreading as much around as they can, even creating posts using words like "dangerous" and "highly contagious" without telling the rest of it.
Okay, feel free to "panic." I prefer to do research and give more credence to the doctors and scientists than the message board knuckleheads.

Old 03-26-2020, 05:51 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,933,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambers72 View Post
Probably exactly whats going on!!!!

Excellent reply Propop!!
I hope you are being cynical.

No, no it isn't an excellent reply. It's illogical and nonsensical. Why would we need a virus, which is having a panic effect on a number of people, to divert from a potential panic effect from the "coming economic collapse". How would anyone devise a virus that originates from some hillbilly from China eating a live bat, how would that even be logistically planned? How would these "planners" work with +200 different independent governments worldwide to "plan" this huge diversion?

This one guy is beyond getting through to, he is a topic of amusement now, one of those extremest that the internet seems to attract. I would hope you aren't buying it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal