Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 08:02 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17271 View Post
The reason I don't think it's the brain is because what use could the brain have by giving you feelings of evil presences? Again, it's NOT something I've experienced before. You just never get that feeling while walking around awake. If it is the brain's fault, you have to ask why the brain has never given you those feelings before, in any situation at all. And evil is the only description I can give the feeling, not bad or mean, just evil - an evil presence.
Well 17271, I'll certainly tell you what I think from a Christian perspective, and I don't care what those "others" say. Love you all, mean it. Sherry is too sweet and probably behaves like most of us Christians should behave......Me?....not so much.

You experienced an evil presence. You already know it. I think Sherry already suggested it, but you need to pray out loud like this:

In the name of Jesus Christ, I command you Satan and your demons to leave this room at once and I command you in Jesus' name to never return. I rebuke you in the name of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Amen!!!!

You take authority of this situation through Jesus, we have that power through him to rebuke and scatter demons. I've had to do it before, and sometimes I have to do while I'm here at CD. And it works. You will probably experience chills, and then a sense that "it" has left your presence. Satan, demons and evil are all very real, and it doesn't matter whether some people choose to not believe in God or Satan....that does not change the FACT that both are very real.

If this does not work and you experience it again, a prayer vigil with other Christians (I don't know if you're a Christian or not, but I'd say now is a good time to become one) is needed for more spiritual strength. God said that wherever two or more are gathered in MY Name there I will be also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 08:35 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,167,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotl View Post
Well 17271, I'll certainly tell you what I think from a Christian perspective, and I don't care what those "others" say. Love you all, mean it. Sherry is too sweet and probably behaves like most of us Christians should behave......Me?....not so much.

You experienced an evil presence. You already know it. I think Sherry already suggested it, but you need to pray out loud like this:

In the name of Jesus Christ, I command you Satan and your demons to leave this room at once and I command you in Jesus' name to never return. I rebuke you in the name of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Amen!!!!

You take authority of this situation through Jesus, we have that power through him to rebuke and scatter demons. I've had to do it before, and sometimes I have to do while I'm here at CD. And it works. You will probably experience chills, and then a sense that "it" has left your presence. Satan, demons and evil are all very real, and it doesn't matter whether some people choose to not believe in God or Satan....that does not change the FACT that both are very real.

If this does not work and you experience it again, a prayer vigil with other Christians (I don't know if you're a Christian or not, but I'd say now is a good time to become one) is needed for more spiritual strength. God said that wherever two or more are gathered in MY Name there I will be also.

Have you ever had a Sleep Paralysis?? You can't possibly talk while you laying there and experience that "evil" presence, you can't even move. So no prayer will help you there. That evil presence will disappear as quickly as you wake up.

But let me know how that works out for ya.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:46 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
Have you ever had a Sleep Paralysis?? You can't possibly talk while you laying there and experience that "evil" presence, you can't even move. So no prayer will help you there. That evil presence will disappear as quickly as you wake up.

But let me know how that works out for ya.
What I've experienced are dreams where I could not move, I don't know if that qualifies as "sleep paralysis" but it certainly isn't what 17271 is talking about. And yes, you can always pray in your mind, it doesn't have to be out loud. What I was talking about was when the paralysis stops, not during. A prayer helps at any time in any manner that it is done.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:02 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotl View Post
What I've experienced are dreams where I could not move, I don't know if that qualifies as "sleep paralysis" but it certainly isn't what 17271 is talking about. And yes, you can always pray in your mind, it doesn't have to be out loud. What I was talking about was when the paralysis stops, not during. A prayer helps at any time in any manner that it is done.
Dreams in which you cannot move is not sleep paralysis....

Sleep paralysis consists of a period of inability to perform voluntary movements either at sleep onset or upon awakening.

I think this is what 17271 is talking about..........In some cases, when hypnogogic hallucinations are present, people feel that someone is in the room with them, some experience the feeling that someone or something is sitting on their chest and they feel impending death and suffocation. That has been called the “Hag Phenomena” and has been happening to people over the centuries. These things cause people much anxiety and terror, but there is no physical harm. Praying won't help a bit, except perhaps as a sort of placebo for a believer.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:06 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,782,217 times
Yeah I've experienced sleep paralysis a few times and I hate that feeling of not being able to move. I feel like something bad is going to happen and I won't be able to get away from it.

Old 12-05-2008, 11:31 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,918,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
That's a matter of opinion...and we all have our own.
Yes. And some are based in facts and science and reality, while others are pure superstition and fantasy.

Old 12-05-2008, 11:36 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,007,321 times
I've had sleep paralysis too many times to count and I still do sometimes. I find it's only when i'm sleeping on my back.
I lived in one apartment in '95 where I would get it almost every night and the 'evil-ness' was truly terrifying.
I do think our brains our amazing and since we use so very little of it on a daily basis, I do believe it is possible that we are tapping into areas of our brains that we don't normally use during these types of episodes and perhaps our perceptions ability changes alot, or at we think it does.
Either way it's such a powerful experience that I'd guess you could glean anything you'd like out of it.
See link of painting:

http://www.hauntedamericatours.com/g..._nightmare.jpg

Old 12-05-2008, 11:41 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,918,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
I've had sleep paralysis too many times to count and I still do sometimes. I find it's only when i'm sleeping on my back.
That's because the demons can't figure out how to sit on you when you sleep on your side.

(Seriously, I know what you mean. I've only gotten them while on my back as well. Sleep on side or stomach, no paralysis.)

Old 12-06-2008, 07:13 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,167,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Dreams in which you cannot move is not sleep paralysis....
Umm, that's not a dream, it's a sleep paralysis.....

Quote:
Sleep paralysis consists of a period of inability to perform voluntary movements either at sleep onset or upon awakening.
You just corrected yourself.

Old 12-06-2008, 07:33 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
I think many are missing the basic reason for the existence of sleep paralysis. It has been known for a long time that when we're sleeping our motor functions are shut down to a certain extent and there is a very practical reason for it. If we get into a dream in which we're physically active it wouldn't be very helpful if our body got out of bed and started acting out our dream. This is what happens with sleepwalkers and it can be very dangerous for obvious reasons. There is really nothing supernatural or out of the ordinary going on. It just seems that way as I have experienced it myself when you're in that in between state of consciousness when you're not yet quite awake and you're just coming out of a deep sleep. I must admit it is a very strange sensation and does feel a little spooky but it's just a temporary state of mind as your brain adjusts to a waking state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal