Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 04:52 AM

286 posts, read 1,400,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippienne View Post
Iran isn't an Arab state at all! I am still left wondering where you are getting your information. Iran isn't an Arab state, and Turkey isn't an Arab state. Iranians are Persians, and speak an Indo-European language. Turks came from the steppes of Central Asia centuries ago, and speak an Altaic language. Neither is ethnically nor linguistically related to Arabs.
Yes and to you why I said that ? What is the common point between Turks, Iranian and algerian and egyptian.... etc. ? Ho yeah ! the quran ! What is the language in it ? Yes classic arab ! And yes the only language which could meet toghether these people is the one written in the quran , certainly not the one you have the chance to hear on the Egyptian TV networks....
nor the one you can learn to their different schools, nor the one you learn in the street of damascus or Casablanca ! I think people have to be very naive to think the arab population are ONE or to think the arab language is ONE as well, I don't say it's your case, I don't say you are naive, I understand very well what you mean. I say it's the case of the people who say Arab as if Arab was one language as if when you say english or german you could say in the same way arab ! IT'S NOT THE CASE whether you like it or not! It's my point since the beginning. BTW we are talking about buisness here and not just about langagues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 05:09 PM

469 posts, read 2,737,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseras View Post
Yes and to you why I said that ? What is the common point between Turks, Iranian and algerian and egyptian.... etc. ? Ho yeah ! the quran ! What is the language in it ? Yes classic arab ! And yes the only language which could meet toghether these people is the one written in the quran , certainly not the one you have the chance to hear on the Egyptian TV networks....
nor the one you can learn to their different schools, nor the one you learn in the street of damascus or Casablanca ! I think people have to be very naive to think the arab population are ONE or to think the arab language is ONE as well, I don't say it's your case, I don't say you are naive, I understand very well what you mean. I say it's the case of the people who say Arab as if Arab was one language as if when you say english or german you could say in the same way arab ! IT'S NOT THE CASE whether you like it or not! It's my point since the beginning. BTW we are talking about buisness here and not just about langagues.
No, you said Iran and Turkey were Arab states, which they are not. I said educated Muslims study the Quran, and thusly Arabic, the world over, not just in Arab nations.

Old 11-13-2007, 05:11 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
spanish.
one of top 10 spoken languages in the world.

Old 11-13-2007, 05:30 PM

468 posts, read 1,637,759 times
Mandarin and Spanish. However, I'd probably say Mandarin at this point.

Old 11-13-2007, 05:31 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
spanish hands down
of top 5
spanish is 4th.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:29 PM

137 posts, read 818,703 times
I think I have to vote for Spanish......& Chinese

Old 11-14-2007, 12:28 AM

286 posts, read 1,400,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippienne View Post
No, you said Iran and Turkey were Arab states, which they are not. I said educated Muslims study the Quran, and thusly Arabic, the world over, not just in Arab nations.
lol you are like a dog with a bones Well you want to be right ! I don't mind, talk to someone else, but let me tell you that excepted some facts all your conclusion are biaised.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:31 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,919,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
spanish

here is how it works
top 10

1st language
chinese
2nd
hindi
3rd
english
4th
spanish
5th
portuguese

french is not even on the chart
top 10
english and spanish are very good choices
lol where do you get your wonderful facts? No way is english behind any other language, at least for the first half of this century.

And how many times do you need to say Spanish anyways?

Old 11-16-2007, 10:09 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,291,886 times
everyone is learning English in china, i should know I'm Chinese. Learn Spanish or Arabic, don't bother with Tagalog, Hindi, or Malay. everyone literally speak English in those countries

Old 11-16-2007, 10:18 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,953,205 times
Spanish, Spanish is the second most widely spoken language in the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World