Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||37.8 years|
|Kentucky median age:||38.5 years|
Zip codes: 41230.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $21,161 (it was $16,746 in 2000)
Louisa city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $99,311 (it was $50,300 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $467.
Races in Louisa, KY (2010)
- 2,41397.8%White alone
- 190.8%Two or more races
- 120.5%Black alone
- 10.04%American Indian alone
- 10.04%Asian alone
|What Do You Think Is The Most Interesting Thing About Kentucky? That Few People Would Know? (21 replies)|
|What's with the pronunciation of Louisville by Louisville local media? (27 replies)|
|Louisa Kentucky (2 replies)|
|Lawrence Co./Louisa Question (2 replies)|
|Sterotyping of rural Kentucky (128 replies)|
|Where are you from? (78 replies)|
Latest news from Louisa, KY collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Irish (24.8%), United States (21.4%), English (14.7%), German (7.3%), Portuguese (3.1%), Swedish (1.8%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 03/15/1870
Land area: 1.35 square miles.
Population density: 1,840 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Louisa:
- High school or higher: 79.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 21.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.3%
- Unemployed: 8.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 28.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Louisa city:
- Never married: 21.8%
- Now married: 44.3%
- Separated: 6.8%
- Widowed: 13.2%
- Divorced: 13.9%
31 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Kentucky and other state lists there were 13 registered sex offenders living in Louisa, Kentucky as of July 28, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Louisa to the number of sex offenders is 190 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $814 (0.9%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $493 (0.5%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Huntington, WV (22.8 miles , pop. 51,475).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Fayette, KY (103.0 miles , pop. 260,512).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (372.5 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Fort Gay, WV (0.8 miles ), Clifford, KY (2.9 miles ), Adams, KY (3.0 miles ), Prichard, WV (3.0 miles ), Webbville, KY (3.3 miles ), Wayne, WV (3.5 miles ), Blaine, KY (3.9 miles ), Crum, WV (4.1 miles) .
Latitude: 38.11 N, Longitude: 82.61 W
Area code: 606
|Crime rates in Louisa by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 285.0)||88.1||74.1||64.5||65.2||231.4||252.3||266.3||96.8||102.4||83.6|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Louisa detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.62|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (21%)
- Transportation and warehousing (16%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Other services, except public administration (8%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (6%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (6%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (5%)
- Educational services (28%)
- Health care and social assistance (21%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Manufacturing (7%)
- Retail trade (6%)
- Transportation and warehousing (6%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Production occupations (19%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (15%)
- Transportation occupations (12%)
- Material moving occupations (8%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (7%)
- Personal care and service occupations (5%)
- Sales and related occupations (5%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (29%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (19%)
- Sales and related occupations (10%)
- Management occupations (10%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (7%)
- Production occupations (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (4%)
Average climate in Louisa, Kentucky
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Louisa-area historical tornado activity is significantly below Kentucky state average. It is 64% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/23/1968, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 42.0 miles away from the Louisa city center killed 7 people and injured 93 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 4/8/1965, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 15.8 miles away from the city center injured 3 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Louisa-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Kentucky state average. It is 80% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 73.0 miles away from the city center
On 9/7/1988 at 02:28:09, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 69.3 miles away from Louisa center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 287.6 miles away from the city center
On 11/2/2006 at 17:53:02, a magnitude 4.3 (4.3 MB, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 73.4 miles away from the city center
On 11/23/2006 at 10:42:57, a magnitude 4.3 (4.3 MB, 4.3 LG) earthquake occurred 74.5 miles away from Louisa center
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 261.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Lawrence County (28) is a lot greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 23
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 18, Storms: 18, Tornadoes: 8, Winter Storms: 5, Mudslides: 3, Fires: 2, Blizzard: 1, Freeze: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snow: 1, Snowfall: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Fred M. Vinson - Politician, Dustin Hazelett - Martial artist, Cliff Fannin - Baseball player, Fred Frank - Baseball player, Rick Thompson - Politician.
Hospitals and medical centers in Louisa:
Heliports located in Louisa:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Louisa:
- Marshall University (about 24 miles; Huntington, WV; Full-time enrollment: 11,450)
- Ashland Community and Technical College (about 25 miles; Ashland, KY; FT enrollment: 2,482)
- Big Sandy Community and Technical College (about 31 miles; Prestonsburg, KY; FT enrollment: 2,660)
- Morehead State University (about 46 miles; Morehead, KY; FT enrollment: 7,523)
- Shawnee State University (about 48 miles; Portsmouth, OH; FT enrollment: 4,160)
- West Virginia State University (about 50 miles; Institute, WV; FT enrollment: 2,133)
- Hazard Community and Technical College (about 69 miles; Hazard, KY; FT enrollment: 2,087)
Public high school in Louisa:
- Lawrence County High School (Students: 833; Location: 100 Bulldog Ln; Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Louisa:
- Louisa Elementary School (Students: 726; Location: 201 Boone St; Grades: K-5)
- Louisa East Elementary School (Students: 477; Location: 235 Powhattan St)
- Louisa Middle School (Students: 475; Location: 9 Bulldog Lane; Grades: 6-8)
- Fallsburg Elementary School (Students: 292; Location: 6869 N Hwy 3; Grades: K-8)
Private elementary/middle school in Louisa:
Notable locations in Louisa: Louisa Fire Station 1 (A), Louisa Volunteer Fire Department (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Preece Cemetery (1), Pine Hill Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creek: Lick Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Hotels: Best Western Village Inn (117 East Madison Street), SUPER 8 Louisa Ft Gay Area (Junction Highway 23 And Highway 3).
Court: Lawrence County - Circuit Court Clerk's Office (Main Street).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 72.9. This is about average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2002 was 0.180. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 18.0 miles away from the city center.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 6.24. This is about average. Closest monitor was 0.6 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 3.48. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 0.6 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 30.3. This is about average. Closest monitor was 15.4 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 11.3. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 0.1 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 10.7. This is about average. Closest monitor was 22.6 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Louisa and their reported violations in the past:LOUISA WATER DEPARTMENT (Population served: 8,236, Surface water):
Past monitoring violations:
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between JAN-2007 and MAR-2007, Contaminant: CARBON, TOTAL. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (MAR-30-2007), St Public Notif requested (APR-03-2007), St Formal NOV issued (APR-03-2007), St Public Notif received (JUN-30-2008)
- Monthly Turbidity Exceed (Enhanced SWTR) - In JAN-2006, Contaminant: IESWTR. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (MAR-24-2006), St Formal NOV issued (MAR-24-2006), St Compliance achieved (MAR-14-2007), St Public Notif received (JUL-02-2007)
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between OCT-2005 and DEC-2005, Contaminant: CARBON, TOTAL. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JAN-30-2006), St Formal NOV issued (JAN-30-2006), St Compliance achieved (FEB-10-2006), St Public Notif received (DEC-07-2006)
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between JUL-2005 and SEP-2005, Contaminant: CARBON, TOTAL. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (NOV-10-2005), St Formal NOV issued (NOV-10-2005), St Compliance achieved (NOV-10-2005), St Public Notif received (DEC-07-2006)
(34.4% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 100.0% for Black residents, 62.0% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.7% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
20 people in other group homes in 2000
Louisa compared to Kentucky state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
Banks with branches in Louisa (2011 data):
- Inez Deposit Bank: , Fsb Branch at 202 East Main Street, branch established on 1891/07/01; Louisa Branch at 94 Commerce Drive, branch established on 2008/08/04. Info updated 2011/08/24: Bank assets: $166.2 mil, Deposits: $146.1 mil, headquarters in Inez, KY, positive income, 4 total offices, Holding Company: Community Holding Company
- Home Federal Savings and Loan Association: Louisa Branch at 119 N Main Cross St, branch established on 1965/08/13. Info updated 2011/09/28: Bank assets: $319.3 mil, Deposits: $249.5 mil, headquarters in Ashland, KY, positive income, Mortgage Lending Specialization, 6 total offices
- Peoples Security Bank: at 3651 Us Hwy 2565, branch established on 1903/01/01. Info updated 2010/09/23: Bank assets: $50.0 mil, Deposits: $41.9 mil, local headquarters, positive income, 2 total offices, Holding Company: Peoples Security Bancorp, Inc.
- Louisa Community Bank: at 4373 Ushwy 2565, branch established on 2006/08/07. Info updated 2011/02/10: Bank assets: $29.1 mil, Deposits: $22.3 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1 total offices
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Louisa, Kentucky:
- Super 8 Motel, 191 Fls Creek Dr, Louisa, KY 41230 , Phone: (606) 638-7888, Fax: (606) 638-4854
- Best Western Plus Louisa, 18199 Hwy 23, Louisa, KY 41230 , Phone: (606) 638-3420, Fax: (606) 638-4208
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (58%)
- Utility gas (36%)
- Other fuel (3%)
- No fuel used (1%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Louisa city (based on Lawrence County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Lawrence County:||2.45 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kentucky:||2.19 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|Lawrence County:||1.23 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kentucky:||0.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|Lawrence County:||7.97 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.36 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||2.45 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||3||$150|
|Police Protection - Officers||4||$13,730||$41,190||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||2||$4,292||$25,752||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||4||$7,897||$23,691||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||29||$76,480||$31,647||3||$150|
Louisa government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - General: $1,150,000 ($463.34)
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $674,000 ($271.56)
Sewerage: $505,000 ($203.46)
Housing & Community Development: $400,000 ($161.16)
Police Protection: $256,000 ($103.14)
Solid Waste Management: $192,000 ($77.36)
Regular Highways: $167,000 ($67.28)
Central Staff Services: $127,000 ($51.17)
General - Other: $76,000 ($30.62)
Fire Protection: $42,000 ($16.92)
Health Services - Other: $36,000 ($14.50)
Parks & Recreation: $33,000 ($13.30)
Financial Administration: $12,000 ($4.83)
- General - Interest on Debt: $62,000 ($24.98)
- Other Capital Outlay - Fire Protection: $263,000 ($105.96)
Water Utilities: $45,000 ($18.13)
Central Staff: $17,000 ($6.85)
Solid Waste Management: $9,000 ($3.63)
Police Protection: $7,000 ($2.82)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $600,000 ($241.74)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $10,000 ($4.03)
Louisa government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $454,000 ($182.92)
Solid Waste Management: $277,000 ($111.60)
All Other: $33,000 ($13.30)
Parks & Recreation: $25,000 ($10.07)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $827,000 ($333.20)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $13,000 ($5.24)
General Revenue, NEC: $9,000 ($3.63)
Rents: $5,000 ($2.01)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $726,000 ($292.51)
- State Intergovernmental - Housing & Community Development: $350,000 ($141.02)
All Other: $110,000 ($44.32)
Highways: $31,000 ($12.49)
- Tax - NEC: $337,000 ($135.78)
Property: $225,000 ($90.65)
Public Utilities: $12,000 ($4.83)
Louisa government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $168,000 ($67.69)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $1,843,000 ($742.55)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $1,770,000 ($713.13)
Water Utilities: $149,000 ($60.03)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $73,000 ($29.41)
Water Utilities: $19,000 ($7.66)
Louisa government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Bond Fund - Cash & Deposits: $2,000 ($0.81)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $149,000 ($60.03)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $210,000 ($84.61)
5.40% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,753 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Wayne County, WV||0.72% ($38,706 average AGI)|
|from Johnson County, KY||0.68% ($22,250)|
|from Boyd County, KY||0.57% ($41,259)|
4.88% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,004 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Louisa:
- WVHU (800 AM; 5 kW; HUNTINGTON, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WKYH (600 AM; 5 kW; PAINTSVILLE, KY; Owner: HIGHLANDS BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRVC (930 AM; 5 kW; HUNTINGTON, WV; Owner: FIFTH AVENUE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WTCR (1420 AM; 5 kW; KENOVA, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WHRD (1470 AM; 5 kW; HUNTINGTON, WV; Owner: CONCORD MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WTVN (610 AM; 50 kW; COLUMBUS, OH; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WGOH (1370 AM; 5 kW; GRAYSON, KY; Owner: CARTER COUNTY BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WOKT (1040 AM; daytime; 3 kW; CANNONSBURG, KY; Owner: BIG RIVER RADIO, INC.-KY)
- WPRT (960 AM; 5 kW; PRESTONSBURG, KY; Owner: EAST KENTUCKY RADIO NETWORK, INC.)
- WLW (700 AM; 50 kW; CINCINNATI, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WDOC (1310 AM; 5 kW; PRESTONSBURG, KY)
- WCAW (680 AM; 10 kW; CHARLESTON, WV; Owner: WEST VIRGINIA RADIO CORPORATION OF CHARLESTON)
- WCHS (580 AM; 5 kW; CHARLESTON, WV; Owner: WEST VIRGINIA RADIO CORPORATION OF CHARLESTON)
Strongest FM radio stations in Louisa:
- WFGH (90.7 FM; FORT GAY, WV; Owner: WAYNE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- WZAQ (92.3 FM; LOUISA, KY; Owner: LOUISA COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WDGG (93.7 FM; ASHLAND, KY; Owner: FIFTH AVENUE B/CASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WKLC-FM (105.1 FM; ST. ALBANS, WV; Owner: WKLC, INC.)
- WQHY (95.5 FM; PRESTONSBURG, KY; Owner: WDOC, INC.)
- WVWV (89.9 FM; HUNTINGTON, WV; Owner: WEST VIRGINIA EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING AUTHORITY)
- WKLW-FM (94.7 FM; PAINTSVILLE, KY; Owner: B & G BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WKEE-FM (100.5 FM; HUNTINGTON, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WAMX (106.3 FM; MILTON, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WPAY-FM (104.1 FM; PORTSMOUTH, OH; Owner: RADIO STATIONS WPAY/WPFB, INC.)
- WSIP-FM (98.9 FM; PAINTSVILLE, KY; Owner: SIP BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WBKS (107.1 FM; IRONTON, OH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WRVC-FM (92.7 FM; CATLETTSBURG, KY; Owner: FIFTH AVENUE BROADCASTING CO., INC)
- WTCR-FM (103.3 FM; HUNTINGTON, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WXLR (104.9 FM; HAROLD, KY; Owner: ADAM D GEARHEART)
- WVOW-FM (101.9 FM; LOGAN, WV; Owner: LOGAN BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WBVB (97.1 FM; COAL GROVE, OH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WVKM (106.7 FM; MATEWAN, WV; Owner: THREE STATES BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WUGO (102.3 FM; GRAYSON, KY; Owner: CARTER COUNTY BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Louisa:
- W10AR (Channel 10; LOUISA, KY; Owner: KENTUCKY AUTHORITY FOR EDUCATIONAL TV)
- WVAH-TV (Channel 11; CHARLESTON, WV; Owner: WVAH LICENSEE, LLC)
- WPBY-TV (Channel 33; HUNTINGTON, WV; Owner: WEST VIRGINIA EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING AUTHORITY)
- WSAZ-TV (Channel 3; HUNTINGTON, WV; Owner: EMMIS TELEVISION LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WCHS-TV (Channel 8; CHARLESTON, WV; Owner: WCHS LICENSEE, LLC)
- WOWK-TV (Channel 13; HUNTINGTON, WV; Owner: WEST VIRGINIA MEDIA HOLDINGS, LLC)
- W14CU (Channel 14; HUNTINGTON, WV; Owner: VENTANA TELEVISION, INC.)
- WTSF (Channel 61; ASHLAND, KY; Owner: TRI STATE FAMILY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WKAS (Channel 25; ASHLAND, KY; Owner: KENTUCKY AUTHORITY FOR EDUCATIONAL TV)
- W49BN (Channel 49; HUNTINGTON, WV; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNCATIONS LPTV, INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2013 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 2Number of bridges
- 4m13ftTotal length
- $1,577,000Total costs
- 6,820Total average daily traffic
- 270Total average daily truck traffic
- 8,174Total future (year 2026) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Louisa)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:50 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Louisa, KY)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:53 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Louisa)
FAA Registered Aircraft:2
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-32-300 (Category: Land, Seats: 6, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 126 mph), Engine: LYCOMING IO-540 SER (300 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 3012L , Serial Number: 32-7940031, Year manufactured: 1979, Airworthiness Date: 01/18/1979
Registrant (Corporation): Dasko LLC, 210 Raven Rock Fork Rd, Louisa, KY 41230
- Aircraft: BUCKEYE AVIATION INC DREAM MACHINE (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: ROTAX 582 (65 HP) (2 Cycle)
N-Number: 31725 , Serial Number: 16357, Year manufactured: 2003, Airworthiness Date: 01/14/2010
Registrant (Individual): Joe W Hanshaw, 45 Fort Bishop Rd, Louisa, KY 41230
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 69
- Hazardous Condition: 22
- Good Intent Call: 3
Incident types - Louisa
|Most common first names in Louisa, KY among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Louisa, KY among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Louisa, KY|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||Long John Silver's||1|
|H&R Block||1||Super 8||1|
|Little Caesars Pizza||1||Wendy's||1|
Louisa on our top lists:
- #43 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in other group homes"
- #71 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Engineers"
- #91 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Used merchandise, gift, novelty, and souvenir, and other miscellaneous stores"
- #66 (41230) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of United States or American first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2015.